Thread: Airport Taxi Services

+ Submit Report
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Last time I checked, the street taxi is still 45 pesos. You are good to go just be swift, the driver does not like to stop too long; he is afriad of the EZE police is watching.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Taxi Ezeiza

Greetings everybody,

I returned to BA yesterday from a week in Brazil. As usual, the tourists were lined up to exchange their dollars for pesos at 2.70 at the kiosk next to the luggage conveyors, completely ignoring the signs in English advising them that there were three banks in the airport that would pay them 3.10. I've given up on these idiots.

As usual, the first group of taxi service booths were offering $80AR for a trip downtown, but I walked past them to the Taxi Ezeiza booth where they were offering the same trip for $70AR, a 2 peso increase since last month. I considered going upstairs and hailing a street taxi, but I had a chica with me and extra luggage, so I decided to pay a little more for the convenience.

Their porter took all the luggage and lead us out to a waiting taxi, which appeared to be a new vehicle. The porter and the driver loaded all of our luggage into the trunk, which was able to hold everything as it did not have a bulky propane tank taking up space. All together, we were on our way in less than 8 minutes.

The driver was blessedly quiet as we drove into the city, which is fine by me as I prefer to spend the drive time contemplating my days ahead. Besides, having read the forum I was already up to speed with what was going on in BA. He took us directly to our destination without fanfare, which I expect as part of the service, but which seems to impress some forum members when they comment about other services.

Nevertheless, as the airport taxi and remis services continue to raise their prices, I think that in the future I'm going to start using Dirk's method of flagging down a street taxi as they are dropping off a passenger. I've done this before, although I've also had the airport police intervene on occasion and waive the street taxis off.

Thanks,

Jackson

Mongers-

I arrived yesterday at Ezeiza after a brief two week escape from Buenos Aires to find that " Taxi Ezeiza", Jackson's favorite, had jacked their prices up to $68 AR. On May 14th the price for their services was an even $60 AR. As always, I walked over to the departure area and non-chalantly flagged down a radio taxi Premium vehicle that had just dropped somebody off. I offered him $45 AR and he gladly accepted it. On the ride back to the city, he was asking how much the in-airport taxi services wanted for a ride and he laughed when I told him how much. These price increases are straight up tourist price gouging and its a pity.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Quote Originally Posted by Strad
    So what is the Radio Taxi rate likes it now?
    There's the post before yours that said he paid $45p, just a couple of weeks ago. Normal booth is $60p.

What is the current rate for Radio Taxi?

About this time last year, I posted I would grab a "Radio Taxi" at the Departure gate for A$R40+toll+tip to Recolata.

I heard this year's inflation is pretty bad, every body is increasing, that's including my Landlady as well.

So what is the Radio Taxi rate likes it now?

Thanks!

Strad

Taxi Ezieza service

Finally landed in BsAs on Friday the 30th in the AM. Tried to follow Jackson's advice by taking Taxi Ezieza but they asked for 60 Pesos, which I think is little bit too much for downtown, but also they had a 30 minute wait which I wasn't going to do. Mind you, It was raining heavily at this time.

So I followed Dirk Diggler's advice and walked to the departure gates, hailed a taxi and was quoted 45 pesos. It was a fair price and I didn't want to lose him so I took it.

When I got off, he asked me money for the tolls and I said No Way. He was OK with it but he tried.

All in all, not a bad experience.

SM

The price was about 35 pesos a few years ago but the desk price is fine and corresponds with inflation over the period. I see no need to prearrange a taxi service when arriving to EZE.

As Dirk says, you can get an immediate taxi for 25% less bypassing the line and cops - especially important at Aeroparque where lines are usually long. Just understanding numbers 0-50 in Spanish is sufficient even if you are a 400lb hawaiian shirt clad gringo.

Mongers-

I also have taken "Taxi Ezeiza" on numerous occaisons, and it is a secure, reasonably priced, and fast option. However, everytime I go to the airport the prices have inflated. Less than a year ago, the price was in the high 40's. As many forum members know, I live here and speak the language, so I always walk over to the departures area and catch a name brand radio taxi that has just dropped off someone and I negotiate the price, which is never more than $45 AR including tolls, parking, etc. Obviously this may not be the best option for new visitors or visitors unable to speak spanish, but saves at least 25% for experienced visitors who have problem doing this.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    I just recently returned to BA from the USA and as always I used the Taxi Ezeiza service at the airport to bring me into the city.
    I've done the same my last few trips. The only time I've had to wait was in a busy time, and probably a 20 minute wait in all. Usually it's 3-4 minutes until you're going on your way.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Airport Taxi Services

Greetings everyone,

I just recently returned to BA from the USA and as always I used the Taxi Ezeiza service at the airport to bring me into the city.

Taxi Ezeiza's booth is just outside the exit from the Customs area. When you exit the customs area you are confronted with semi-circle of taxi and remis services. Just ignore all the touts, exit the semi-circle, and Taxi Ezeiza's booth with it's blue and white sign will be just past the exit. You can't miss it.

The clearly posted rate to Recoleta was $60 ARS, which includes all the tolls, parking, etc. Immediately after I paid my fare, one of their porters took control of my luggage cart and we proceeded outside to the curb where a late model taxi was waiting. The porter insisted upon loading my four bags for me, for which he gladly accepted a 2 peso tip. I had purposely been checking my watch, and from the time I exited customs until I was driving off in the taxi was less than 8 minutes.

Frankly, I can't say enough about this service. No need to make a reservation, no appointment issues if your flight is late, no need to hump your own luggage, no need to pay for somebody else's parking, no extra charge for tolls, no waiting for or being "doubled up" with other passengers. Just walk up to the counter, pay the fare and you're on your way.

They also have a rate from the downtown area to the airport of just $48 ARS.

Their website is at http://www.taxiezeiza.com/

Telephone: 5480-0066

Thanks,

Jackson

Posting Limitations