Thread: Airport Taxi Services

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Aerolineas

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStar  [View Original Post]
    Your safest bet, and fastest way would be to have a reliable chauffeured car service do this transfer, especially if it is a workday. A 4 hour window is the minimum we like to take. We also check the current traffic status before we decide which route to take.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com
    I see from the Aerolineas website that they now require you to check in 2 hours before your flight for domestic flights and 3 hours for international. Rather stupid as for some destinations the flight is less than 2 hours and the inbound flight hasn't even left BA! And often never does for whatever reason.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amantelondres For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BorisB  [View Original Post]
    Most likely 3-4 hours.
    Your safest bet, and fastest way would be to have a reliable chauffeured car service do this transfer, especially if it is a workday. A 4 hour window is the minimum we like to take. We also check the current traffic status before we decide which route to take.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStar  [View Original Post]
    How much of a window do you have between transfers on your EZE-AEP transfer and what time of day is this run?

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com
    Most likely 3-4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by BorisB  [View Original Post]
    I require transport from hotel in recolleta to EZE and then 2 weeks later from EZE to aeroparque. What option would suit me best for price / reliability? I paid $240 using taxi ezeiza one way from EZE AEP last week.
    How much of a window do you have between transfers on your EZE-AEP transfer and what time of day is this run?

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

I require transport from hotel in recolleta to EZE and then 2 weeks later from EZE to aeroparque. What option would suit me best for price / reliability? I paid $240 using taxi ezeiza one way from EZE AEP last week.

The Taxi Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    I do not "come" to this town. I "live" in this town.

Ditto :- Save your bullshit for the people that deserve it!
    The Taxi Driver Jabs are Funny but there is absolutely no point in mixing me in with the transportation threads.

Why don't you tell us about the English Taxi drivers, they still hate the English down here for some reason.

An Argentine is an Italian that speaks Spanish but thinks he's British!

Funny Lot!

TL

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    Was that car official, with the correct licensing and insurance? Just wondering.
    Oops! I forgot to check all these vital details. What a folly!

What if the car had a accident! Or if they would have kidnapped me? Or if the driver was a fugitive? did I perform a check on criminal records? what if the car had a flat tyre in middle of the journey? What if the driver got lost on the road? What if the driver was driving without a driver's license? did I check it? No, i did not!

Gosh! Terrible things would have happended! What a narrow escape! Ja ja.

On another note, I did notice they had a proper kiosk at the main terminal of the airport in public view and not operating a internet business! I know where exactly to catch them, should they attempt a con.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

No one owns any town in any part of the world

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Would feel a lot better if you did not even come to MY TOWN!

Save your bullshit for the people that deserve it!

TL
    I do not "come" to this town. I "live" in this town.

Ditto :- Save your bullshit for the people that deserve it!

Arrived tonight at EZE from a new voyage. And for once Taxi Ezeiza was bursting with clients like honey attracts bees. I walked over to the girl and asked her,"when is the car avbl?" And she said "wait time about 25 minutes".

I thought "Man, how happy my friend Silver Star would be to read this!" I could literally imagine silver star & TL jumping with joy on their sofa as they read this!

Ha ha.

Anyway, immediately facing Taxi Ezeiza stand, to its right are silver railings. If you approach the silver railings, suddenly you will see another 5-6 vendors offering services similar to Taxi Ezeiza. I just approached the first one and asked " do you have taxi now", she said "no, wait time 10 minutes. Charges 230 pesos" I said "business denied" Then I asked the next one " do you have a taxi now", she said "wait time 5 minutes. Charges 210 pesos". I said "business denied". Then I asked the 3rd one. I said " do you have a taxi now. She said "yes sir, we have 4 cars with 4 drivers ready right now". I said " how much" she said "200 pesos". The driver grabbed my bag and led me to a nice brand new honda civic. I was home in 30 minutes or so. Air conditioned, nice English music on FM 102. 3 Driver literally bending over to impress me for return business.

I love BA
    Was that car official, with the correct licensing and insurance? Just wondering.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver Star For This Post:

I use the City Bus!

Arrived tonight at EZE from a new voyage. And for once Taxi Ezeiza was bursting with clients like honey attracts bees. I walked over to the girl and asked her,"when is the car avbl?" And she said "wait time about 25 minutes".

I thought "Man, how happy my friend Silver Star would be to read this!" I could literally imagine silver star & TL jumping with joy on their sofa as they read this!

Ha ha.

Anyway, immediately facing Taxi Ezeiza stand, to its right are silver railings. If you approach the silver railings, suddenly you will see another 5-6 vendors offering services similar to Taxi Ezeiza. I just approached the first one and asked " do you have taxi now", she said "no, wait time 10 minutes. Charges 230 pesos" I said "business denied" Then I asked the next one " do you have a taxi now", she said "wait time 5 minutes. Charges 210 pesos". I said "business denied". Then I asked the 3rd one. I said " do you have a taxi now. She said "yes sir, we have 4 cars with 4 drivers ready right now". I said " how much" she said "200 pesos". The driver grabbed my bag and led me to a nice brand new honda civic. I was home in 30 minutes or so. Air conditioned, nice English music on FM 102. 3 Driver literally bending over to impress me for return business.

I love BA
    Dude, I use the city bus to go and come frome the airport, maybe 3pesos!

Could care less how you boys arrive and depart!

Try it some time!

TL.

Would feel a lot better if you did not even come to MY TOWN!

Save your bullshit for the people that deserve it!

I am not a taxi service and I do not benefit from your mistakes.

Thanks,

TL

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Arrived tonight at EZE from a new voyage. And for once Taxi Ezeiza was bursting with clients like honey attracts bees. I walked over to the girl and asked her, "when is the car avbl?" And she said "wait time about 25 minutes".

Ha ha.

I love BA

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney  [View Original Post]
    A couple of prominent mongers have tried to convince me that all taxi drivers are honest. At night,do these taxis drive with their lights 'on or off'?
    I guess the crooks are starting early with the new Evita 100 peso notes,since many people haven't seen them yet.The trick with the new Evita notes for verifying is look at the green seal on the front left of the note,there is a reflecting line in the middle that moves up and down as you move the bill up and down,plus a better silver strip down the mid-left side.Of course always best with a can diver to pay with small bills,and round up to the next peso or 2,don't bother them with asking for small change.

Best for Argentina is to do what Canada did,go to Australian plastic polymer notes,they last longer,and allow for a see thru window,making the notes virtually impossible to counterfeit.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silver Star For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    25 people in a band of counterfiters have been arrested and 11 of them were, or are TAXI Drivers. They specialized in the new "Evita" bills and they targeted tourist and retired people.

In only one of 29 different warrants served they discovered $250, 000. 00 pesos and $13, 000. 00 dollars. Fake or real?

A ten peso fake bill cost about 1. 4 to 2 pesos to buy.

The taxi drivers would prey on drunk people leaving the clubs at night.

More to come!

TL.
    Damn! I am so nervous.Could hardly sleep after reading this report.Was prespiring all night,in fear of the taxi drivers of BA.:-)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

Taxis and Corruption

25 people in a band of counterfiters have been arrested and 11 of them were,or are TAXI Drivers.They specialized in the new "Evita" bills and they targeted tourist and retired people.

In only one of 29 different warrants served they discovered $250,000.00 pesos and $13,000.00 dollars.Fake or real?

A ten peso fake bill cost about 1.4 to 2 pesos to buy.

The taxi drivers would prey on drunk people leaving the clubs at night.

More to come!

TL.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Exactly. That was really my point. Fred's promotion is based on creating fear mongering for gullible newbies. And he thrives on doing it again and again. And that is why I post on this thread again and again.

M. Plexy, to be fair to your comment in response to my comment. You are 100% right. If anyone wants to pay 10 pesos or 10US$ or 100 US$ or 1000US$ for the ride from the airport to their hotel / home in BA, who the hell am I am to have a problem with it! Their is a always a economy class, business class and first class in the aeroplanes exactly for this reason. It the always the customer / client's money, problem, decision, choice, preference, requirement, need. I agree absolutely with your assessment! In case you still have some disagreements, let me use your infamous phrase "Lets just agree to disagree".

My advise is only & ONLY for gullible newbies (and not for seasoned BA mongers) , who are arriving for the first time or after many years and are unsure of what to do on arrival. To them "Take Taxi ezeiza. You will reach your destination fine and waiting time does not exist at the Taxi ezeiza counter unless its a freak day, in which case you could be waiting for about 10-15 minutes at the counter before being taken to your taxi. Do not be disuaded by fear tactics on this thread".
    At SilverStar, we don't base our marketing on fear mongering, we do however point out the many differences and advantages of hiring a chauffeured luxury car with an educated, English speaking driver (etc etc) car vs a taxi, all differences and reasons that have been pointed out in the past are true. Our formula for success has been from the beggining to do a better job than the others guys, plain and simple. Many of my guests prefer to be in a nice and clean and comfortable Luxury Car vs a Honda Fit, and yes, there is a difference in comfort and safety between the 2. There is nothing wrong with taking Taxi EZE, VIP, World Car, public bus, etc, we just want those who are looking for something better than what's available at EZE, that there are better alternatives (SilverStar) than to cramming into a tiny Argentine taxi.

www.silverstarcar.com

For when you want something better in chauffeured car services in Buenos Aires (We speak English)

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver Star For This Post:

Posting Limitations