Thread: Airport Taxi Services

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymann  [View Original Post]
    That said, Fred's posts do occasionally border on fear mongering (unsafe conditions, bonded drivers, etc.).
    Exactly. That was really my point. Fred's promotion is based on creating fear mongering for gullible newbies. And he thrives on doing it again and again. And that is why I post on this thread again and again.

M. Plexy, to be fair to your comment in response to my comment. You are 100% right. If anyone wants to pay 10 pesos or 10US$ or 100 US$ or 1000US$ for the ride from the airport to their hotel/home in BA, who the hell am I am to have a problem with it! Their is a always a economy class, business class and first class in the aeroplanes exactly for this reason. It the always the customer/client's money, problem, decision, choice, preference, requirement, need. I agree absolutely with your assessment ! In case you still have some disagreements, let me use your infamous phrase "Lets just agree to disagree".

My advise is only & ONLY for gullible newbies ( and not for seasoned BA mongers), who are arriving for the first time or after many years and are unsure of what to do on arrival. To them "Take Taxi ezeiza. You will reach your destination fine and waiting time does not exist at the Taxi ezeiza counter unless its a freak day, in which case you could be waiting for about 10-15 minutes at the counter before being taken to your taxi. Do not be disuaded by fear tactics on this thread".

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

Bully tactics?

Only you or your sad little wingman could interpret my last post this way. This thread is about taking a taxi. The members comments were quite clear. Your personal attacks betray you. I will repeat. Fred's services are great if your priority is luxury. Think of it like a first class airline ticket for a 30 or 40 minute trip. The other methods are just fine and are more cost effective. Happy mongering all. Toymann.

And you continually try to insert yourself with troll and bully tactics that always devolve down to we just don't get your humor, your "Internet persona", or misdirecting the point. Stemming from your deep and massive inferiority complex that so many times just serves to derail the board.

Member3320 stated there was no need for a Fred the chauffeur service long as Taxi Ezeiza existed. His opinion, fine.

My reply was exactly on point you troll. Agree or disagree, it is completely on topic to simply state that Fred's chauffeur service delivers features that Taxi Ezeiza does not. Whether he or you value that additional feature is completely up to you and thereby choose whether anyone feels the extra premium paid is worth it.

Why don't you leave the adults alone and go back to trolling your endless incredible black book of chicas only you have access to? Oh wait, that's right, last time you tried that you got face slapped down by another resident member with cold facts that made you look rather foolish. Which I refrained from replying on despite being witness to the events described. But you want to continue being a troll, bring it on and I will post the witness reply I should have back then.

So glad you'll be back in BsAs soon. Once you start having your bragged about "next level" sex again, perhaps you'll be slightly less trollish to deal with until you return to your drudgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Toymann  [View Original Post]
    In spite of your long justification, it really is not on point in the least. Even if one has plenty of disposable income and wants to pay north of 2 to 3 times market for a 40 minute ride to town, that's not his point. You often justify your point by reflecting the needs or desires of those outside one standard deviation from the mean. It's fine if you want to pay the premium. Go for it as it is your cash to do what you want with. That said, Fred's posts do occasionally border on fear mongering (unsafe conditions, bonded drivers, etc.). Most travelers at EZE, lax, etc. Just take a cab. PERIOD!

Took VIP car service this past October. 220 pesos to recoleta. No wait, fine car, no fuss, no muss. Why make this so complicated Mplexy? If ya need fast service, just stop by the VIP booth and pay the 220 pesos. My point is simply, for those coming to Argentina for the first time, just taking an inexpensive cab for the 30-40 minute ride to town is certainly the fast, simple and easy way to get from A to B. For those that require the luxury or attention, Fred is a great option. All the safety / other stuff is just stuff. Monger on all. Toymann.

Ps. The Member flies in and out of EZE each month more than most of us do each year. Taking his comments to heart shouldn't be that tough. My dos centavos.

You are missing the members point!

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    Depends who you are I suppose. You've more than made clear your preference over using a chauffeur service like Fred. All well and good. But that's you.

And while there may be no need for you, clearly the market exists as a need for others.

My preference has little to do with debating whether taxi Ezeixa is safe enough, comfortable enough, or won't break down. I too find these fairly irrelevant factors. Used both Taxi Ezeiza and Silverstar multiple times and while Fred's ride is certainly more comfortable, that's not to say Taxi Ezeiza is uncomfortable by any stretch.

Simply put, I use Fred because I value my time as well as type A need to be picked up exactly when I say I want, down to the minute. Even if I have plenty of free time, I dislike waiting. I pay Fred's premium because a chauffeur service allows for that type of precision.

For a pickup to the airport, apartment change, whatever, I pay his premium because I don't assume, guess, or hope he will arrive within some time window, no matter how thin. I absolutely know he will have me picked up and wheels moving at the exact minute I specify. The premium paid is for that expectation and actual delivery against that expectation. He does what is needed to ensure that happens, including leaving early and arriving 15min early to wait until the specified time or at my leisure.

Taxi Ezeiza will also arrive on time as well, almost always at least from my xp. But the difference is they generally have a 5-15min window where the driver may arrive. Sometimes more, sometimes less. You can't get Taxi Ezeiza to guarantee and put their service rep behind arriving at the exact minute you'd like.

If you don't need or don't go nuts waiting for that kind of precision, go with Taxi Ezeiza or many other remise services.

If you don't see value in Fred's service, also fair. But by definition you can't say there is no need for his service when clearly that niche exists in every major city I'm aware of. You can take a nice, safe and comfortable taxi to LAX or private shuttle with no stops to pickup anyone else for half or less the cost of a limo or town car. Yet tons of people with disposable income, on expense acct or personal dime, choose to pay the premium chauffeur service. Saying over and over there is no need for a Fred-type service seems obviously contradicted by every major city having Fred-clones running around.
    In spite of your long justification, it really is not on point in the least. Even if one has plenty of disposable income and wants to pay north of 2 to 3 times market for a 40 minute ride to town, that's not his point. You often justify your point by reflecting the needs or desires of those outside one standard deviation from the mean. It's fine if you want to pay the premium. Go for it as it is your cash to do what you want with. That said, Fred's posts do occasionally border on fear mongering (unsafe conditions, bonded drivers, etc.). Most travelers at EZE, lax, etc. Just take a cab. PERIOD!

Took VIP car service this past October. 220 pesos to recoleta. No wait, fine car, no fuss, no muss. Why make this so complicated Mplexy? If ya need fast service, just stop by the VIP booth and pay the 220 pesos. My point is simply, for those coming to Argentina for the first time, just taking an inexpensive cab for the 30-40 minute ride to town is certainly the fast, simple and easy way to get from A to B. For those that require the luxury or attention, Fred is a great option. All the safety / other stuff is just stuff. Monger on all. Toymann

Ps. The Member flies in and out of EZE each month more than most of us do each year. Taking his comments to heart shouldn't be that tough. My dos centavos.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Toymann For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    As long as Taxi ezeiza service exisists at EZE, their is no need for a private chauffeur driven taxi. The Taxi ezieza service is impeccable with zero problems. I use them them 5-7 times a month.
    Depends who you are I suppose. You've more than made clear your preference over using a chauffeur service like Fred. All well and good. But that's you.

And while there may be no need for you, clearly the market exists as a need for others.

My preference has little to do with debating whether taxi Ezeixa is safe enough, comfortable enough, or won't break down. I too find these fairly irrelevant factors. Used both Taxi Ezeiza and Silverstar multiple times and while Fred's ride is certainly more comfortable, that's not to say Taxi Ezeiza is uncomfortable by any stretch.

Simply put, I use Fred because I value my time as well as type A need to be picked up exactly when I say I want, down to the minute. Even if I have plenty of free time, I dislike waiting. I pay Fred's premium because a chauffeur service allows for that type of precision.

For a pickup to the airport, apartment change, whatever, I pay his premium because I don't assume, guess, or hope he will arrive within some time window, no matter how thin. I absolutely know he will have me picked up and wheels moving at the exact minute I specify. The premium paid is for that expectation and actual delivery against that expectation. He does what is needed to ensure that happens, including leaving early and arriving 15min early to wait until the specified time or at my leisure.

Taxi Ezeiza will also arrive on time as well, almost always at least from my xp. But the difference is they generally have a 5-15min window where the driver may arrive. Sometimes more, sometimes less. You can't get Taxi Ezeiza to guarantee and put their service rep behind arriving at the exact minute you'd like.

If you don't need or don't go nuts waiting for that kind of precision, go with Taxi Ezeiza or many other remise services.

If you don't see value in Fred's service, also fair. But by definition you can't say there is no need for his service when clearly that niche exists in every major city I'm aware of. You can take a nice, safe and comfortable taxi to LAX or private shuttle with no stops to pickup anyone else for half or less the cost of a limo or town car. Yet tons of people with disposable income, on expense acct or personal dime, choose to pay the premium chauffeur service. Saying over and over there is no need for a Fred-type service seems obviously contradicted by every major city having Fred-clones running around.

Yes, I agree. Their is always a possibility that something can go wrong with taxi service at 'taxi ezeiza'. Though it would be very rare. However, with the same yardstick, something can go wrong with the most expensive chauffeur driven car as well. Though it would be rare as well. In short, nothing is impossible and nothing is invincible, be it a taxi service or a private service.

Lesson to be learnt :- Take the cheaper option amongst the two options available and save the money for a good fuck.

Second lesson to be learnt. Over 5 years on this forum, I have noticed that their are "many many" mongers who would prefer to spend premium dollars on the absolutely best chicas in town. However, almost all the mongers prefer to save on transportation from Ezeiza to home in CF unless they were here for work and someone else was picking the tab (exceptions are of course there). Even in that case when someone else is picking the tab, I can give you my example. I can take any kind of taxi between my home and Ezeiza and just send the receipt / factura scan to my employers (who believe in pissing money) for reimbursement. It would be done,. NO Questions asked. But, even then, I find taxi Ezeiza as the "very very" best option for my needs which simply are safe, comfortable and timely transportation to the airport or back home when arriving.

This forum was of great service to me when I first arrived here as it guided me to the best and cheapest options available in the city and helped me save many dollars or expensive deals. This is why, I insist on guiding the newbies, reading this forum, in the right direction. Just my way, to pay back.
    Agreed there can be problems with a chauffeured car service, although at SilverStar, we do everything we can to minimize the risk, and we have generally been very reliable, we are for those who prefer to not have to cram in a Honda Fit or similar, and we are for those who prefer a chauffeur that drives in a reasonable and prudent manner, and not have the fuss of going to the Taxi stand, then sit and wait for a cab to be available. Our goal at SilverStar, from the very beginning was to provide a better alternative than what existed previously, better punctuality, better cars, better English, friendly chauffeurs, and sane driving. At SilverStar, we do believe there is a difference between our roomy and comfortable Executive Plus Sedans with pillow soft leather seats vs a tiny Honda Fit with rock hard cloth seats.

SilverStar. A better way to get to and from the airport.

www.silverstarcar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    Also with Taxi EZE, you do risk a car shortage and long waits (40 minutes)
    Yes, I agree. Their is always a possibility that something can go wrong with taxi service at 'taxi ezeiza'. Though it would be very rare. However, with the same yardstick, something can go wrong with the most expensive chauffeur driven car as well. Though it would be rare as well. In short, nothing is impossible and nothing is invincible, be it a taxi service or a private service.

Lesson to be learnt :- Take the cheaper option amongst the two options available and save the money for a good fuck

Second lesson to be learnt - Over 5 years on this forum, I have noticed that their are "many many" mongers who would prefer to spend premium dollars on the absolutely best chicas in town. However, almost all the mongers prefer to save on transportation from Ezeiza to home in CF unless they were here for work and someone else was picking the tab ( exceptions are of course there). Even in that case when someone else is picking the tab, I can give you my example. I can take any kind of taxi between my home and Ezeiza and just send the receipt/factura scan to my employers ( who believe in pissing money) for reimbursement. It would be done, - NO Questions asked. But, even then, I find taxi Ezeiza as the "very very" best option for my needs which simply are safe, comfortable and timely transportation to the airport or back home when arriving.

This forum was of great service to me when I first arrived here as it guided me to the best and cheapest options available in the city and helped me save many dollars or expensive deals. This is why, I insist on guiding the newbies, reading this forum, in the right direction. Just my way, to pay back.

As long as Taxi ezeiza service exisists at EZE, their is no need for a private chauffeur driven taxi. The Taxi ezieza service is impeccable with zero problems. I use them them 5-7 times a month.
    Some people prefer a better car and driver than a Taxi. For example, Taxi EZE has Honda Fits in thier fleet, for many, this would not be considered to be a premium car. Also with Taxi EZE, you do risk a car shortage and long waits (40 minutes) , I saw that myself the other night in Terminal A, and have photos to boot!

There is a difference between a chauffeured, premium car service, vs going in a random economy car.

As long as Taxi ezeiza service exisists at EZE, IMHO their is no need "TO SPLURGE YOUR MONEY" for a private chauffeur driven taxi. The Taxi ezieza service is impeccable with zero problems. I use them them 5-7 times a month. If you want to splurge your money, do it on the chicas. period.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

You get real, a hired car chauffeured service is NOT the same as a taxi and anyway EZE to City with Taxi EZE is 220AR at EZE.
    LOL did I say it was the same? NO I didn't. I didn't even mention your services. The only thing I mentioned was regarding $$$ because you said 40usd was low. December it cost me $190p eze to palermo. Even if it is now 220p it is still a LOT less than a "hired car chauffeured service".

That said you have the right to charge whatever you want for your services.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SunSeeker For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    Low? Get real, $40 USD x 6. 7 = $268p, more than enough to get to Recoleta, taxi ezeiza is $180p to $200p, book online.

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar
    You get real, a hired car chauffeured service is NOT the same as a taxi and anyway EZE to City with Taxi EZE is 220AR at EZE.

Thank's for your help guys.

That's really low for EZE to city, wondering what kind of car, and if fully licensed and insured. It is about 10US alone for parking.

And tolls, assuming they show up on time.
    Low? Get real, $40 USD x 6. 7 = $268p, more than enough to get to Recoleta, taxi ezeiza is $180p to $200p, book online.

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar

Quote Originally Posted by Conchuir  [View Original Post]
    Anyone know roughly how much Remis service from one of the stands at EZE to Recoleta will cost me these days using AM-EX? (at official exchange rate I'm sure!). My landlord is offering me a pickup service with delivery to my apartment@$40US. Thanks.
    I think probably your concern is that you do not have currency and you seek the blue rate. What you should do is at airport, change 50 us$ at whatever bullshit rate you get. You should get at least 230 or 240 peso. Then go to "taxi Ezeiza" counter. It is right in front of the exit after customs. Tell them your address anywhere in BA. They will take you in 220 pesos ( all inclusive). Once you reach yr destination, go and change. Get freshed and head out to get blue dollars and a nice fuck.

It should in any case not cost you more than 50us$ to reach your destination.

http://taxiezeiza.com.ar

The link above is the name of the taxi service. Its awesome. You can trust them absolutely. No need to splurge on any private taxi or any other remi etc. Also avoid taxi via landlady. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Conchuir  [View Original Post]
    Anyone know roughly how much Remis service from one of the stands at EZE to Recoleta will cost me these days using AM-EX? (at official exchange rate I'm sure!). My landlord is offering me a pickup service with delivery to my apartment@$40US. Thanks.
    That's really low for EZE to city, wondering what kind of car, and if fully licensed and insured. It is about 10US alone for parking.

And tolls, assuming they show up on time.

Posting Limitations