Thread: Sports

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by WorldTravel69

You are probably going to question my chromosome count but

The France Germany women's World Cup match Friday was one the top three soccer matches that I have ever seen all time. Wall to wall action for 120 minutes. Incredibly physical. A German whacks a Frenchman across the face with an elbow and blood flows from the woman's nose. None of this sissy American NFL or NBA stuff where the player lies on the floor for 10 minutes and then returns for the next play. They kept playing 11 on 10 until the bleeding stopped. Both sides played until exhaustion. 5 or 6 yellow cards. Both sides deserved to win. USA should have a walkover on Tuesday. I do not see the Germans recovering from the game so quickly. I think I just witnessed a classic Pyrrhic victory. USA's win over China was easy. China had no attack.

Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleHorn  [View Original Post]
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33297155

A fantastic team player...works so hard...............Boca for the league next season............

I did see his last game before he left for europe in 2004.....how i would like to be in the crowd for his 1st game back.....adored by the fans there.
    Big news here in BA FH, plus Carlitos scored the winning PK against Colombia last night. Getting a ticket for his first match back will be tough, but I might look into it.

Return of the chosen one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33297155

A fantastic team player...works so hard...............Boca for the league next season............

I did see his last game before he left for europe in 2004.....how i would like to be in the crowd for his 1st game back.....adored by the fans there.

Fifa

Described often as inept & impotent, the US Department of Justice did us proud when they show the world that their arms are long and their.

Reach potent. Many are squealing already as they see no way out. They did us proud.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10278238.html

Not surprisingly, a majority of the indicted hails from Latin America.

No football for a while:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/socc...ega/ar-BBjMLQL

But if that is lifted by May 24, I believe Racing has a new stadium. You might want to check out their Schedule.

Football ... May 24th

Hey Folks.

I would welcome any suggestions or tips for going to see a soccer game on the above mentioned date. Happy to see a lesser team if it means keeping myself out of the local hospital... But would like to see Boca or River plate if I could.

M.

World Cup Stadiums in Brazil

They were only required to build 8, but built 12.
    Dummies.

Here is what they are doing with them today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brazils...170000993.html

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    Tennis was an elitist sport not too long ago, it define social class in many ways. Then the Williams sisters showed up from Compton, and like Obama, it was disturbing, to say the least...So almost 20 years later, they are still in the tennis limelight and outstanding role models for all and in particular, their people.
    More back-handed racist / sexist / anti-Caucasian / anti-America / anti-American male comments by Rev BS as he gleefully decries the what he believes is their inevitable extinction.

Rev, I'm going to start calling you out on this racist/sexist hate-speech every time I see it.

Enough is enough.

Thanks,

Jax.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

The Williams sisters

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...o-indian-wells

Tennis was an elitist sport not too long ago, it define social class in many ways. Then the Williams sisters showed up from Compton, and like Obama, it was disturbing, to say the least. Perception, that word that often control your thought process and ideas. Yes, there was Althea Gibson, and Arthur Ashe before them. Trailblazers, but they were classy, well spoken, kind of knew their place. Not these flamboyant brats from Compton with an Al Sharpton for a father / coach. Developed in public courts, they stayed out of the traditional junior circuits. It was disturbing to the country club set as well as the tennis establishment. The unspoken thought, just wait till they fizzled out, they don't have a clue!

So almost 20 years later, they are still in the tennis limelight and outstanding role models for all and in particular, their people.

Olympics 2016 in Rio

If some of you guys are going, you might want to read this.

I could not stop laughing, even though it is a sad case.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/ostler/...ly-6071636.php

Good to hear from you FH. Though he was getting older Riquelme was a one man wrecking crew for Boca when they won the Copa Libertadores in 2007. That was his first year back at Boca after leaving Villarreal. An outstanding performance that made me a huge Riquelme fan despite his difficult personality. I saw him curl in two free kicks against Chile in a WC Qualifier in 2007 as well. He was really on top of his game that year.

Funny about Messi, even though he is one of the greatest footballers ever (best in my book) there are still many Argentines who don't like him and are eager to see him fail. They wait for anything they can use to criticize him. Perverse fuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleHorn  [View Original Post]
    I did manage to see him play for Boca but only in his 2nd spell. When he was past his best. It got me thinking of some of the players I had seen there and some of the best matches I witnessed in person.

I think the the best game was the 2nd leg of the 2004 Copa Sudamerica Boca v Bolivar, 1-0 down from the 1st leg. I think it was the big number 9 Martin Palermo who scored the 1st. But no mistake the 2nd was Tevez one of his last games before he left for Brazil then Europe.

That night the noise was incredible. I even remember singing that famous song they sing at Boca.

The Argentinian fans must be counting the years, months & days until the greatest footballer ever comes home. Messi. But will it be to Newell's Old Boys?

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Argentina and Boca Juniors football idol JRR hangs up his boots. A sad day for Argentina futbol fans.
    I did manage to see him play for Boca but only in his 2nd spell. When he was past his best. It got me thinking of some of the players I had seen there and some of the best matches I witnessed in person.

I think the the best game was the 2nd leg of the 2004 Copa Sudamerica Boca v Bolivar, 1-0 down from the 1st leg. I think it was the big number 9 Martin Palermo who scored the 1st. But no mistake the 2nd was Tevez one of his last games before he left for Brazil then Europe.

That night the noise was incredible. I even remember singing that famous song they sing at Boca.

The Argentinian fans must be counting the years, months & days until the greatest footballer ever comes home. Messi. But will it be to Newell's Old Boys?

One of Boca's all time greats,

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Argentina and Boca Juniors football idol JRR hangs up his boots. A sad day for Argentina futbol fans.
    He was one of the players that could control a game, and make things happen. I always wanted him in Arsenal(Premier League) colors.

Juan Roman Riquelme Retires

Serena Williams

The Australian Open has been going on for a week already, I have not been glued to the tv so far. So it was a shock when I saw the new re-make Serena Williams. A slimmer, lighter Serena. Will she still retain her power & stamina. So far, so good.

Posting Limitations