Thread: Sports

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by WorldTravel69

Deep Doodoo

Argentina's soccer team is in deep doodoo after losing to Croatia today 3-0; after a tie with Iceland a few days ago. They might not make the finals. Their goalie messed up and didn't clear the ball from a Croatian defender close by, and he kicked it right into the goal. Their first score.

That goalie, Messi, and the coach shouldn't come back to Argentina if they don't make the finals.

World Cup 2019

I just thought it would be appropriate to start a World Cup thread.

Curious of any feedback from the locals regarding Argentina's lackluster opening.

Saw a stat that Messi is 5-10 on World Cup penalty kicks!

Think I will take Ronaldo.

Any interest from down there?

Howdy !

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot  [View Original Post]
    Looking for recommendations on where to watch the Superbowl this Sunday evening.

Thank you.
    You are most Welcome to use my NFL GAME PASS subscription while I sleep .

Send me an e-mail for the password and directions if you want.

Unless you would rather go to a packed to the gills with drunk punks in a place full of 100 years worth of smoke and spilled beer.

Your welcome to visit but it's a mess here.

The problem with the housekeeper is that I Always keep her from doing her job . That's a white lie. She certainly Does her job !

TTYL,

TXH-1138,

TL.

4. 02-01-18 13:13

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    That call yesterday was completely ridiculous. The rule is ridiculous. The officiating in the NFL is ridiculous. Roger Goodell is ridiculous. And I am not even a Steeler fan, and don't care but the catch rule has got to be changed to something that makes some kind of common sense to the ordinary fan. We did not have audio so did not hear the ref's explanation but none of us could understand that call. There were about a dozen of us, including one guy who played semi-pro football, and all of us thought it was a catch. Every single one of us.
    One of the many reasons I barely follow the NFL anymore. The game is a shadow of what it used to be. Laughable really.

That call yesterday was completely ridiculous. The rule is ridiculous. The officiating in the NFL is ridiculous. Roger Goodell is ridiculous. And I am not even a Steeler fan, and don't care but the catch rule has got to be changed to something that makes some kind of common sense to the ordinary fan. We did not have audio so did not hear the ref's explanation but none of us could understand that call. There were about a dozen of us, including one guy who played semi-pro football, and all of us thought it was a catch. Every single one of us.

Jags could be a difficult hurdle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    After watching the Patriots vs Steelers game it is a toss up which of those two teams I would put my money on, but I think one of those two teams will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

Tres3.
    Jags could be a difficult hurdle for a few teams.

Maybe?

TL.

Winners

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    Any combination of either a Ram win or a Seahawk loss puts us in the playoffs for the first time since 2004. So it ain't over until it's over. Tennessee will be playing desperate next week. Today the Seahawk's middle linebacker played at about 3/4 speed because of a sore hamstring. Gurley ran wild. Same thing happened earlier this year when Sean Lee was out for Cowboys. Goff has not shown that he can throw deep. You need strong linebackers to beat the Rams this year. Any weakness will be exploited. Minnesota has the best defense that the Ram's have played this year. Seattle was second best but now has too many injuries. Overall, the Eagles seem to have deepest team with the best talent that i have seen in the NFC but with Wentz out they could be vulnerable.
    After watching the Patriots vs Steelers game it is a toss up which of those two teams I would put my money on, but I think one of those two teams will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

Tres3.

Magic Number is still one. No champagne yet.

Any combination of either a Ram win or a Seahawk loss puts us in the playoffs for the first time since 2004. So it ain't over until it's over. Tennessee will be playing desperate next week. Today the Seahawk's middle linebacker played at about 3/4 speed because of a sore hamstring. Gurley ran wild. Same thing happened earlier this year when Sean Lee was out for Cowboys. Goff has not shown that he can throw deep. You need strong linebackers to beat the Rams this year. Any weakness will be exploited. Minnesota has the best defense that the Ram's have played this year. Seattle was second best but now has too many injuries. Overall, the Eagles seem to have deepest team with the best talent that i have seen in the NFC but with Wentz out they could be vulnerable.

How About Those LA Rams BBM !

Happy for your Team !

Bet you got Season Tickets at the 50 too !

What a turn around .

Coach of the Year.

Be Well,

TL.

PS- I hate the Seacocks. I'm a lifelong Cards fan and I guess a Masochist too.

If I did have to go to a soccer game, I would go alone in hopes that I would be killed before I had to actually watch it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Better choice

Quote Originally Posted by SanMichele  [View Original Post]
    I would suggest going with Tangol, I did, and I had a great time! Was able to see to River games and the atmosphere is sensational!

There is another agency that sets stuff up, if you need that info let me know, the prices are comparable.

I wanted to see Boca play in their stadium, but as of yet I have not made it. It is more difficult to go to Boca, as tickets are only sold to members and it takes a 7year wait to get a membership...
    I've known a shit load of people who have seen a game with a group and I've never heard of anybody getting hurt. What Gandolf was saying was people that go alone, no transpo plan, no idea what they are doing.

This is pretty much safe as houses.

River/Boca

I would suggest going with Tangol, I did, and I had a great time! Was able to see to River games and the atmosphere is sensational!

There is another agency that sets stuff up, if you need that info let me know, the prices are comparable.

I wanted to see Boca play in their stadium, but as of yet I have not made it. It is more difficult to go to Boca, as tickets are only sold to members and it takes a 7year wait to get a membership...

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Be carefull! You risk your life going to one of these games now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by Creideiki  [View Original Post]
    I'm in Argentina this month and would like to go see a game. River Plate (CARP) would be my first choice, but other teams are OK if they are not that far from Balvanera/Congreso. Tangol wants US$120 for their tour (to/from the game, seating, etc.) but would prefer to do it the Argentine way--if I won't get killed, that is--for less money and to avoid being segregated from the Porteo fans.

I was going to go to CARP/Independiente in Avellaneda on the 3rd, but my Porteo friend strongly advised against it, so I went with his advice. From what I understand, Estadio Monumental is relatively safe (hence my interest in CARP).
    Be carefull! You risk your life going to one of these games now a days.

How to get football tickets outside of the tour agencies

I'm in Argentina this month and would like to go see a game. River Plate (CARP) would be my first choice, but other teams are OK if they are not that far from Balvanera/Congreso. Tangol wants US$120 for their tour (to/from the game, seating, etc.) but would prefer to do it the Argentine way--if I won't get killed, that is--for less money and to avoid being segregated from the Porteņo fans.

I was going to go to CARP/Independiente in Avellaneda on the 3rd, but my Porteņo friend strongly advised against it, so I went with his advice. From what I understand, Estadio Monumental is relatively safe (hence my interest in CARP).

U.s.a.

The best match was Yesterday.

5-2 U.S.A. Wins and sets a record of 3 goals in the first 16 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    The France Germany women's World Cup match Friday was one the top three soccer matches that I have ever seen all time. Wall to wall action for 120 minutes. Incredibly physical. A German whacks a Frenchman across the face with an elbow and blood flows from the woman's nose. None of this sissy American NFL or NBA stuff where the player lies on the floor for 10 minutes and then returns for the next play. They kept playing 11 on 10 until the bleeding stopped. Both sides played until exhaustion. 5 or 6 yellow cards. Both sides deserved to win. USA should have a walkover on Tuesday. I do not see the Germans recovering from the game so quickly. I think I just witnessed a classic Pyrrhic victory. USA's win over China was easy. China had no attack.

Posting Limitations