Thread: Sports

+ Submit Report
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
This blog is moderated by WorldTravel69

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Lueck Hoff  [View Original Post]
    One option is to go to the stadium with a company.They buy tickets upfront and will bring you to the stadium by bus, bring you to your seat with a guide and will bring you back to your appartment or hotel after the game.Very easy, but expensive.Flyers of these companies can be found at the more upper class hotels.

If you are more experienced and speak a little spanish, it would be much cheaper to go to the bombonera a few days before the game and buy a ticket there.Ask for " media plata ", that is the best.I always talked with taxi drivers about football on my last trip and so it was not a problem to find a fan of " boca " : He drove me to the small boxes at the stadium where the tickets are sold and waited until everything was managed.The price for a very good seat had been 25 Dollars two years ago.

Lueck Hof
    Somehow, when I visited the stadium last time, our host implied that Boca Junior's games are always sold out. You are saying that there are tickets available a couple of days before the game. That's great! I just hope they don't sell me a seat in the middle of the visiting fans.

How to buy tickets

One option is to go to the stadium with a company. They buy tickets upfront and will bring you to the stadium by bus, bring you to your seat with a guide and will bring you back to your appartment or hotel after the game. Very easy, but expensive. Flyers of these companies can be found at the more upper class hotels.

If you are more experienced and speak a little spanish, it would be much cheaper to go to the bombonera a few days before the game and buy a ticket there. Ask for " media plata ", that is the best. I always talked with taxi drivers about football on my last trip and so it was not a problem to find a fan of " boca " : He drove me to the small boxes at the stadium where the tickets are sold and waited until everything was managed. The price for a very good seat had been 25 Dollars two years ago.

Lueck Hof

Would like to see a game next time

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Yes sir, first time River has ever been relegated. Now, only two first division teams have avoided the fall-Boca and Independiente. And you got it right, the absence of the superclasico (not to mention the meeting River and Boca have during the "summer season") will cost alot of people alot of money. River has been mismanaged for years and their "gang" has been pampered by the club to the point where the gang was even receiving money when a player was sold to a club in Europe. Chickens home to roost and all that. Being a Boca supporter I say-Good riddance!
    The last time I was in BA, I arrived on a Sunday and left on the following Sunday. I did manage to spend an afternoon visiting la Bonbonera and that was awesome! Thanks to a local Argentinian fellow whom we met on the plane. He drove us in his personal car all over BA and managed to get us inside the stadium. He was happy to do that and did not want any compensation. That was just terrific and we were very thankful.

I would love to watch a game on my next visit. Can anyone tell me what's the best way to get tickets to a game? Any 1st division game. Our host told us that there were 4 or 5 1st division teams in BA. Thanks!

Don't let the door hit you in the arse!

Quote Originally Posted by Flexible Horn  [View Original Post]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-13922463

I enjoy watching football, have seen a dozen matches in Argentina and have all ways wanted to see the super clasico. 2 seasons ago I was quoted $400 us for a seat at Boca.

The ticket touts must be crying into their Quilmes beers with River plate being relegated into division B the 1st time in their history I believe
    Yes sir, first time River has ever been relegated. Now, only two first division teams have avoided the fall-Boca and Independiente. And you got it right, the absence of the superclasico (not to mention the meeting River and Boca have during the "summer season") will cost alot of people alot of money. River has been mismanaged for years and their "gang" has been pampered by the club to the point where the gang was even receiving money when a player was sold to a club in Europe. Chickens home to roost and all that. Being a Boca supporter I say-Good riddance!

How the mighty fall

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-13922463

I enjoy watching football, have seen a dozen matches in Argentina and have all ways wanted to see the super clasico. 2 seasons ago I was quoted $400 us for a seat at Boca.

The ticket touts must be crying into their Quilmes beers with River plate being relegated into division B the 1st time in their history I believe

I messed up

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    The draw for the Fifa Under-20 World Cup finals in Colombia has been made and England have been drawn with old enemies Argentina.

The Argentines have a formidable record at this level, having taken the trophy five out of the last eight times. England have never made the final with their best previous showing coming in 1993 when they finished third in Australia. Brian Eastick's side have also been drawn alongside Mexico and North Korea in what looks a tough grouping. Eastick's men will begin their campaign against North Korea in Medellin on 29th July, before taking on Argentina on 1st August and then finishing the group fixtures against Mexico on 4th August. A number of stars who have already been in England's senior squad, such as Jack Wilshere, Jack Rodwell, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker, Jordan Henderson and Danny Welbeck, would all be eligible to play but it remains to be seen if the Football Association will press for their inclusion with the tournament coming just a couple of weeks ahead of the new Premier League season.

7 games will be held in Medellin including one of the semi-finals. For the complete match schedule, follow this link to the official website:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tour...n_25032011.pdf
    Soccer and chicas, that is one fine doubleheader. I don't know how I miss the listing. I knew about Copa America in Argentina coming up. In any case, I am going to Korea for the World Track & Field Championship in late August, so there was going to be a conflict.

FIFA Under-20 World Cup

The draw for the Fifa Under-20 World Cup finals in Colombia has been made and England have been drawn with old enemies Argentina.

The Argentines have a formidable record at this level, having taken the trophy five out of the last eight times. England have never made the final with their best previous showing coming in 1993 when they finished third in Australia. Brian Eastick's side have also been drawn alongside Mexico and North Korea in what looks a tough grouping. Eastick's men will begin their campaign against North Korea in Medellin on 29th July, before taking on Argentina on 1st August and then finishing the group fixtures against Mexico on 4th August. A number of stars who have already been in England's senior squad, such as Jack Wilshere, Jack Rodwell, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker, Jordan Henderson and Danny Welbeck, would all be eligible to play but it remains to be seen if the Football Association will press for their inclusion with the tournament coming just a couple of weeks ahead of the new Premier League season.

7 games will be held in Medellin including one of the semi-finals. For the complete match schedule, follow this link to the official website:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tour...n_25032011.pdf

And now for something completely different, I. E. Not a post about how much a chica is selling her ass for, and who really gives a shit.

Here is a link to an article about the most famous argentine in the world, not counting Maradona, and probably more famous than Maradona some day in the future.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/22/sp...genius.html?hp

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

Champions!

Congrats to Auburn University for winning the national championship. War Eagle!

Talking War Eagle!

Nick the Dick gets fucked after being up 24-0. You gotta love it.

S. F Giants

Just rubbing it in.

100 more days to training camp.

In Case you Missed it.

The San Francisco Giants.

Here are a couple reminders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giants World Series Champions 4a.jpg‎   Giants World Series Champions 4aa.jpg‎   Giants World Series Champions 4b.jpg‎   Giants World Series Champions 7.jpg‎   Giants World Series Champions 7a.jpg‎  

Giants World Series Champions 10.jpg‎  

The Winners ARE:

In Case you Missed it.

The San Francisco Giants.

Here are a couple reminders.

Screw all you baseball Non S. F. Giants Fans.

The S. F. Dirty Dozen is going to the World Series.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giants World Series Champions 1.jpg‎   Giants World Series Champions 2.jpg‎   Giants World Series Champions 3.jpg‎  

S. F Giants

Screw all you baseball Non S. F. Giants Fans.

The S. F. Dirty Dozen is going to the World Series.

Smile Plainsmen

How about them Auburn Tigers. How about that Cam Newton.

War Eagle!

The Tide bites the dust! Yesssssss!

Posting Limitations