Thread: Sports

+ Submit Report
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by WorldTravel69

USA Open Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by BlackShirt  [View Original Post]
    It was a great US Open.
    It was a FANTASTIC finals. I cannot remember seeing tennis played like this since Nadal beat Federer in the Wimbeldon finals. The third set was unbelievable. It is too bad that someone has to lose.

Tres3.

Nadal, supremo

Rafael Nadal overcame the toughest field in history (maybe) to win the US Open, overcoming Djokovic who has been dominant the last 2 years. It seem that Djokovic had overcome some jitters to tie at 1-1 and was looking very strong in the 3rd set. Nadal had been scrambling to be be at 4-4 when he just mentally took over, and then cruise home in the 4th set. It's true that Djokovic has been showing some self-doubt coming into the tournament but it was disappointing that he faded so bad.

I have had many arguments as to who is the best player the since the Federer era. There are many Federer loyalists, and Djokovic has convince that he is a Machine. It is true that Federer has all the record numbers, but it was made possible because of Nadal's injuries that curtail his participation and his form for almost 2 years. Prior to that, Nadal had dominated Federer head to head. But it was known that Nadal's style of play would lead to more injuries than Federer.

It was a great US Open.

Red Bulls' America's Cup Races

Here is the last two races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_AlC7OU9mY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h2o3--uOA8

These boats stay in the water. The 72's in the America's Cup come out of the water.

Their speeds will get up to 50 MPH.

The boats are 72 feet long and 13 stories high.

Here is some photos of them.

The Cup races starts on Saturday.

USA cheated so they are down 2 races, with 15 to go. It was to be the best of 17.

P.S.:

Jackson, how come we are not allowed to edit these posts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Zealand.jpg‎   USA.jpg‎  

4. 09-05-13 12:29

Red Bulls' Youth America's Cup

Here are races 5 and 6. These are 45 foot boats and do not foil like the 72's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNTlrNuCbh0

Red Bulls' Youth America's Cup

There will be 8 races. This is races 3 and 4.

I was wrong, it is Red Bulls' Youth Races on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtECmXpQjTM

Pre America's Cup

Here is the link for Youtube's Youth America's Cup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHwt_ESQ6cI

8. 09-03-13 22:02

Again, just in case you didn't know,

This last few weeks have been tremendous for sports lovers. No, not American football, baseball, basketball, or even ice hockey. These are world events, where every continent is represented.

We had Men's Volleyball World League Finals down in Mar del Plata where Russia dominated the action and took out Brazil in the finals. Not a pip from you guys down there. You had your noses buried in pussies all day long? More like too much beer, eh! Then we had the World Swimming Champinship in Barcelona where the US dominated the action with 13 gold medals. Missy Franklin with 5 golds, the star of the show. And right now, the World Track & Field World Championship is going on in Moscow. Superb action, US a traditional power.

Nick Symonds got a silver in the men's 800 metres, a race that is own by the Morrocans & Kenyans. A great achievement in a sport where globalization is really highlighted, but an event the US was dominant for many decades after World War II. I mentioned his race because it is my favorite race, these days, it is really a semi sprint.

Then, the World Badminton Champinship in Guangzhou. The highlight was 18 year Thai Ratchanok Inthanon who broke the Chinese domination in the women's singles.

Ok, I see you Flintstone guys starting to look bored, go back to Wilma and your cigars & whiskey.

A-Rod

My dos centavos is that A-Rod and all the other PED using professional athletes should receive the Lance Armstrong treatment. They should be banned for life. Their performance may be entertaining to adults, but it is a terrible role model for kids.

Tres3.

Is Alex Rodriquez an American hero, or what? Should he be allowed to keep all those millions of dollars that he conned from the American public?

I don't see him killing himself because he is ashamed, do you? He probably see himself as a victim.
    He's always been a pretty weird dude. I used to hear stories about him from people who knew him as a kid in Miami. Interesting article about him in today's NYTimes. Apparently he was never the same after his old man vanished when Rodriguez was 10 years old. That'll fuck you up some.

Well,

Is Alex Rodriquez an American hero, or what? Should he be allowed to keep all those millions of dollars that he conned from the American public?

I don't see him killing himself because he is ashamed, do you? He probably see himself as a victim.

Righto,

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Yeah, he just ran out of steam at the end. Epic match.

Shame. Would have liked to have seen an Arg v Brit final. ;-)
    They could have play for the Falklands, too.

I really believed that had Del Potro serve just a little better, he would have won. Which he was capable but did not.
    Yeah, he just ran out of steam at the end. Epic match.

Shame. Would have liked to have seen an Arg v Brit final. ;-)

Touche

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    Are you sure he is an Argentine?

Tres3.

Ouch!

I really believed that had Del Potro serve just a little better, he would have won. Which he was capable but did not.

Del Porto

... he is so beloved by tennis fans & players because he is humble and a true gentleman.
    Are you sure he is an Argentine?

Tres3.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Last man standing, Del Potro vs Djokovic.

The match lived up to it's billing. A heavyweight match, the two combatants went into the final fifth set, staggering at times from exhaustion. Del Potro obviously more tired, had to rescue himself from being knock-out several times. Somebody had to lose. And Djokovic showed why he is #1.

It was match for the ages, the quality and shot-making were magnificent. Both men gave everything they had, and more. Del Potro can stand tall, he showed that he has the ability & heart to stand with the best. His body will not allow him to be #1 but Argentina has a very special tennis player. But more so than his tennis ability, he is so beloved by tennis fans & players because he is humble and a true gentleman.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rev BS For This Post:

+ Submit Report
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations