Thread: Sports

+ Submit Report
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
This blog is moderated by WorldTravel69

SB Party

Thanks everybody who came out, good times.

God Damn them vittles was good!

What are we going to do on Sundays now? Nascar?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    The way those guys hit they really do need a week between games so the series could potentially take two months to play. The whole regular season is only 16 games, if they went all 7 plus the playoffs that would extend their season by over 50.

Don't get me wrong, I would enjoy seeing it if the Steelers were playing, I just think they would all be near dead by the end.
    But corporate America would be orgasmic. A few more injuries, maybe even some deaths, but hey, sometimes that's the price that must be paid to keep our country safe, prosperous and adequately entertained.

But to diverge a bit, this time of year never fails to remind me of the quote from Cowboy's running back Duane Thomas before the 1972 Super Bowl. Thomas was his usual laid back, nonchalant self, and was reminded by a journalist that the Super Bowl was the "ultimate game". Thomas rejoined, "If its the ultimate game, how come there's another one next year?"

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

I don't think anybody would be able to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Shirt  [View Original Post]
    Well, is that time of the year. No, I am not talking about taxes.

Given that the World Series is now playing in late October, if not November. And NBA into May / almost June, I was thinking why the Superbowl cannot be made into a best of 7 series. With the added intrigue of 2 opposing brother coaches, east coast vs west coast, etc, the money to be made is mindbloggering.

I think there is definitely a decline in American corporate ingenuity. I wish I was just a little younger (sigh).
    The way those guys hit they really do need a week between games so the series could potentially take two months to play. The whole regular season is only 16 games, if they went all 7 plus the playoffs that would extend their season by over 50%.

Don't get me wrong, I would enjoy seeing it if the Steelers were playing, I just think they would all be near dead by the end.

Superbowl, Best of 7

Well, is that time of the year. No, I am not talking about taxes.

Given that the World Series is now playing in late October, if not November. And NBA into May / almost June, I was thinking why the Superbowl cannot be made into a best of 7 series. With the added intrigue of 2 opposing brother coaches, east coast vs west coast, etc, the money to be made is mindbloggering.

I think there is definitely a decline in American corporate ingenuity. I wish I was just a little younger (sigh).

Ryder cup

DRIVE FOR SHOW, PUTT FOR DOUGH!

I know all of you had your faces buried in pussies, so had no time to watch the final day. Well, it was "High Noon" as the gunslingers went hole to hole. Mikkelson was at his best, but that was still not good enough, as the new fastest gun in the west, Justin Rose was cool & calm and he buried Mikkelson at the 18th hole. The Europeans, inspired, never look back even though the win was by the narrowest of margins.

They play best of 7, Americans win.

Maybe, the Spanish will not riot for a few days. I know the Greeks don't give a shit.

There is still hope for us!

Diego Maradona will be a father, officially for the 5th time. Drugs, weight loss, alchohol, self abuse, he still can get it up. I will give it a try next week.

The master monger

Sven-goran Ericksson, most famous as the former England manager in the 90s, signed a contract as technical director of Thai football club BEC Tero Sasana. Not as successful as most of his employers had hoped for, he nevertherless was able to continously take top jobs with Mexico, Manchester City and other clubs. However, his reptutation as a ladies' man with a love for the good life was never threaten. Cool, charming, suave, and debonair, he could have been James Bond but you could never imagine him packing a gun or having a killer instinct. There was report that claim him say many years ago, that he would like to live in Thailand with 2 beautiful women at the end of his career. For me, I am stuck with ogling the women going to work in the morning while sipping my 30 cents coffee at the roadside coffee joint.

Less you snicker, he has always been able to get paid very well despite his mediocre results. The money in football all over the world have risen to giant proportions, Thai football is no exception. Thailand's previous national coaches, Peter Reid and Bryan Robson were paid half a million pounds plus perks yearly. Even if I live to be 100, there would be money left over from just 1 year's pay. How many orbits are there flying around the planet?

It was destiny as Japan somehow contrived a goal out of nowhere to tied the game in extra time. The US stunned, or did not practice penalty kicks, could not deliver and watch Japan take the cup.

Then Brazil was sent packing home by Paraguay. What a night of football.
    Fuck the Brazilians!

Great game although Brazil was on the offensive the entire game!

Paraguayan golie was awesome!

What this means :

"Hey, were ALL going to get laid!" (from Caddy Shack)

The Paraguayan Chicas are going to be FREE for the next few days!

TL

Women's world cup final

It was destiny as Japan somehow contrived a goal out of nowhere to tied the game in extra time. The US stunned, or did not practice penalty kicks, could not deliver and watch Japan take the cup.

Then Brazil was sent packing home by Paraguay. What a night of football.

Enjoyable game to watch. Looked like the Argentinian goalie was shell shocked after the first goal. Messi and Forlan seemed to be top notch players playing at a higher level. Wonder if this improves business at the privados or worsens it? D calls it again. Spot on

Don't cry for me, Argentina

Argentina, with an array of the world's most potent firepower, Messi, Pastore, Tevez, Higuain, Aguero, Di Maria could only muster 1 goal in 120 minutes. And against 10 men Uruguay for most of the match. Alot of men in Argentina is going to be impotent for awhile. You guys who are there better take advantage of the situation.

Well, now that Argentina have their usual slow start and just make through the next round, they should gon on and win the toournament. Unfortunately, waiting for them is their hated neighbor and rival, Uruguay, who has a really good team. Get ready for a great game.
    I wouldn't bet the ranch on Argentina winning the Copa. Their relatively new coach, Sergio Batista, is arguably worse than Maradona, and their two starting central defenders are poor (Burdisso and the awful Gabriel Milito). In addition, Batista has stubbornly refused to add the most creative midfielder he has, Javier Pastore, to the starting lineup. The result is that Lionel Messi is expected to do damn near everything for the attack. Stop Messi and you stop Argentina. The only match Argentina has won so far was against a Costa Rica squad consisting of under 23 years of age players.

So, be careful about betting on Argentina.

Copa America

Well, now that Argentina have their usual slow start and just make through the next round, they should gon on and win the toournament. Unfortunately, waiting for them is their hated neighbor and rival, Uruguay, who has a really good team. Get ready for a great game.

How is that going to work now that River has been relegated out of the primera?

I went to a Boca game with a tour company at La Bombanenra, it was a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefeu  [View Original Post]
    Somehow, when I visited the stadium last time, our host implied that Boca Junior's games are always sold out.You are saying that there are tickets available a couple of days before the game.That's great! I just hope they don't sell me a seat in the middle of the visiting fans.
    The major football tour company's buy season tickets. One guy told me the Boca v river match paid for the season ticket all the other matches where profit.

If you want to see Boca play one of the lesser teams it is possible to buy a ticket from the stadium a week or so prior to the match. They have a seating map just buy a seat on sideline. They won't sell you a ticket for the away supporters as these are only sold by the visiting club

Posting Limitations