View Poll Results: What should be done with the 'Global Warming' thread?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete it now.

46 83.64%
  • Delete it in a couple of months.

2 3.64%
  • Preserve it as an archive.

7 12.73%
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Badboy13
    I think Jackson is aware of the fact that we are different people, And I am sure he has the data to prove it.

I would not consider it a flame, this TROLL made numerous derogatory remarks about another forum members family members. He was allowed to continue for an entire day, I would ban people for that type of behavior, but that's just me. I have never once seen this forums standards degraded to that level, I was actually amazed this loon went as far as he did.

I think the topic itself is a hard sell, the majority of punters on this website aren't trained scientists and therefore either have to fall back along political party lines and rhetoric or they have to use scientific studies from REAL scientists. I mean it is real easy to say Global Warming is bullshit, but it is alot harder to prove. The problem arises when some members adopt a theory as if it were their own and then once that theory is challanged and the punter isn't actually knowledgable about the actual topic he descends into elementary school tantrums.

It is very hard to have a discussion based on scientific fact and data on this forum, not impossible but once you equate trolls into the mix, you have problems. I don't think the thread would ever lead to any conclusion since no one is going to convince someone else to change their opinion as ONE member tried.

Bad
    I just find it amazing that the worst offender in all this is actually trying to take the moral high ground

Anyone crazy enough to actually read all his blue collar vitriol is not going to buy that.

I say delete the thread, that way Jackson will be spared cleaning up this [Deleted by Admin]. Alternatively we could cut the flame posts out of it.

It now contains some striking evidence that man made global warming theory is not a scientific fact.

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was edited in accordance with the Forum's Zero Tolerance policy regarding reports containing any personal attacks or derogatory comments directed towards another Forum Member or the Forum Membership in general.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob 7
    You guys deserve each other. Jackson please delete me as a member.
    As you wish.

Jackson

I'm done here

You guys deserve each other. Jackson please delete me as a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Punter 127
    I'm not going to respond to Big Bobs post, I'm going to try and move on. Below are instructions for the Ignore list, I found them on the ISG. I assume it also works here, if not I'm sure Jackson can make it work. If I understand it right Big Bob or anybody else can put me or whoever they want on his "Ignore List" and he will never see our post again. Wouldn't this solve a lot of the problem? I'm just looking for something we can all live with.

Hi Punter 127,

Another effect of placing somebody on your Ignore List is that they also can't send you PMs.

Thanks,

Jackson
    OK, guys here you have it from the Big Guy, it works. You don't have flame anymore. If you don't like a guys post just Ignore him. That's like our own banning tool. I know who's #1 on my list. LOL

I guess my point is this

Hunt "taking it up the ass" - Daddy Rulz.
    Kiss my ass Bob, your rants go on for days, my taunting of Hunt which I enjoy so much, is usually a line or two. I'm sorry if the 4 or 5 seconds it would take you to scan it cause you trauma.

Bads right, "No offense Bob, but you do know this last post of yours is contradictory, considering it was posted in the "what should be done with the Global Warming thread" thread." with the understanding that my intention is to offend you.

I never got any handjobs from any of the guys in the inner circle. Flexible Horn, another sick fuck, offered once but He's not my type. Perhaps this is a new idea your hoping for rather than something that's happening. Don't be afraid to express your true self Bob, there is no need to hide your desires behind accusations that others are doing it. We celebrate differences here. Like W we are unificators not dividaficators.

As far as the new guys getting smacked for not reading the forum I'm of two minds. I have met and helped out a lot of newbies here. Sometimes it was fun but most times I didn't get on with them.

One mind;

I meet up with a guy, school him on how to treat working girls here, show him a few choice picks, as often as not translate his deal for him getting him a better price and longer service than he could have possibly gotten for himself and then paid for my own fucking coffee? So then there is a guy who says I'm to lazy to read the forum and those of us that have spent the time and money making mistakes are supposed to be glad to take him by the hand?

Other mind;

Member #3314 does his research but still wants to hang with one of the inner handjob circle. Listens, learns applies lessons, picks up the 20 peso cost of a bottle of water in a club I wouldn't be at except I'm showing him around. He's a class act and I'm glad to help.

In closing, as nice as I know how to say it, kiss my ass dickwad.

The Thread

I do not think it is needed, because we can not do shit about it. It is up to the Politicians.

It would be nice if Buenos Aires was Smog free. Cars and cigarettes.

Lightbulb Peace offering

I'm not going to respond to Big Bobs post, I'm going to try and move on. Below are instructions for the Ignore list, I found them on the ISG. I assume it also works here, if not I'm sure Jackson can make it work. If I understand it right Big Bob or anybody else can put me or whoever they want on his "Ignore List" and he will never see our post again. Wouldn't this solve a lot of the problem? I'm just looking for something we can all live with.

Using Ignore Lists (02-08-06)

I just finished responding to more than 100 reported posts, a task that in itself will give anyone a headache, but this particular batch struck me has having an unusually high number of complaints that essentially amounted to one member not liking another member's writing style or report content, which leads me to offer this general suggestion:

If you don't like another Forum Member's reports, then simply add them to your "Ignore List" and you'll never see their reports again.

You can access your personal "Ignore List" under your User CP. Just login, select "User CP" from the top menu bar, then select "Buddy / Ignore Lists" from the left side column.
    Hi Punter 127,

Another effect of placing somebody on your Ignore List is that they also can't send you PMs.

Thanks,

Jackson

Lightbulb Let's be honest, We all do it

I personally (and maybe I am the only one) am tired of reading a thread that starts out being of substance and ends up being a bunch of inside jokes that have nothing to do with the topic or even worse becomes a continuation of some other bullshit that you guys were discussing at another time or on another thread. I have a problem with this because IT IS FUCKING BORING.
    No offense Bob, but you do know this last post of yours is contradictory, considering it was posted in the " what should be done with the Global Warming thread" thread.

The purpose of this poll was to give your opinion about the topic and move on. The problem isn't senior or junior members, the problem is with childish ego trips. I am not an exception. I can and have fallen into that category a few times myself. I think if we all make an effort to stay on topic then things would run more smoothly, but we ALL feel we have the right to express ourselves and our sometimes off topic opinions on just about any thread. You did it here Hunt Myself and others have done it on other threads. Who told you a forum needs to be perfect? It doesn't, have you visited other forums? They are anything but, do I think Jackson should probably cut guys off as soon as they start going overboard? Yes. Will it happen? I don't think so.

Maybe what we should do is try to respect thread topics as much as we can. I have tryed my best and have also tryed my best to contribute as much as I can. Maybe if we ALL contributed as much as possible whenever possible, the forum would get even better. So Bob, maybe it's time we get some of your outstanding hardcore reviews again.

Thanks.

Bad.

PS, excuse the fact that this post was completely offtopic, but hey we all have egos to express

Big Bob,

C'Mon. This is much ado about nothing. Alot of semi nasty things are being written by people who don't even know one another. Do you actually think some mongers are going to stop their bantering just because you don't like it? They are having some fun. I can't see where they are harming anybody or anything. Lighten up for crying out loud. Put on some Dexter Gordon.

Wow - Punter. This is some labor of love that you have created. When I get ready to compile my memoirs you will definately be the first person on my list. The only remembrance that you have yet to include is the thread where a new poster asks for info and I completely shut him down to the point that he says, "Oh, this must not be the right place for my question".

What I am bitching and moaning about is not some bullshit plee for incusion into your "club". I personally (and maybe I am the only one) am tired of reading a thread that starts out being of substance and ends up being a bunch of inside jokes that have nothing to do with the topic or even worse becomes a continuation of some other bullshit that you guys were discussing at another time or on another thread. I have a problem with this because IT IS FUCKING BORING. Not because I have a problem with you guys being friends. That is why I suggested that you have your own section of the forum where you can talk about Hunt "taking it up the ass" - Daddy Rulz. Sid "liking morenas and being a loser in the Dominican Republic" or Bad Boy being left wing / right wing or whatever the fuck you think his political beliefs are at the moment. I don't hang out with you guys and I don't read the chit chat forum yet I know these comments from MEMORY. That is the problem that I have with you guys. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR OFF-TOPIC LOCKERROOM BANTER and neither do the rest of the guys accesing this forum who don't know you and don't want to know you. It's not charming an interesting. It's fucking boring and it is killing the forum and it is getting worse and worse every day and showing up in places where it really doesn't belong. That is my point.

Could it be that Big Bob 7 is still pissed over the private photo section thing? I can't find were he ever posted any photos, but he had this to say about it.

I think that over time this private gallery approach is going to really water down the forum and make it less usefull to mongers based elsewhere. And also (of course this is just my meaningless two cents because, although I live in BA and post on both forums, I'm not a part of your bullshit doublesecret-handshaking. Or handjobbing. Innercircle) I think that it is really lame to be moving photos which were already posted in other parts of the forum before the private section even existed to the private section.
    But now he wants to push the ""inner circle", "The Excedra / Madahos gang"," assholes" "these same 10 guys" to a 'secret password" section.

I think I know how felt when he posted this.

I feel like my brother didn't do something that mommy told us to do and now all of us kids are gonna be punished.
    I think I've said all I'm going say about this, so flame away.

I think Big Bob must have failed to pay his portion of a group bar tab, and was uninvited to further meetings of the Argentina Mongers Association. It's the only thing I can think of to explain his recent belly-aching about other posters' getting along with eachother.

I think that the "inner circle" here is starting to get really fucking annoying and it's has really reached the point now where in a lot of cases there is no information being offered to the poster at all. They are getting comfortable and starting to flame members who politely suggest that they offer something of substance. I really don't want to start to see members banned or censored but something has to be done to keep these same 10 guys from monopolizing the ENTIRE forum with their nonsense. I suggest that they have there own "insiders" section of the forum with a password where they can talk about all of this stuff that is happening at Excedra and the Alamo and where it can be expressed concisely "IN ONE LOCATION" rather than in every thread of the forum.
    This from the same guy that posted this.

And in keeping with my new philosophy I will post whatever the fuck I want wherever the fuck I want so.

Private chit chat forum

I think that the "inner circle" here is starting to get really fucking annoying and it's has really reached the point now where in a lot of cases there is no information being offered to the poster at all. They are getting comfortable and starting to flame members who politely suggest that they offer something of substance. I really don't want to start to see members banned or censored but something has to be done to keep these same 10 guys from monopolizing the ENTIRE forum with their nonsense. I suggest that they have there own "insiders" section of the forum with a password where they can talk about all of this stuff that is happening at Excedra and the Alamo and where it can be expressed concisely "IN ONE LOCATION" rather than in every thread of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    . I've come to learn as a practical matter that these sort of sidebar conversations are going to surface anyway, and that it's better to give them a place to vent as a way of channeling these discussions away from the main subjects of the forum.
    I agree with you 100%.

I say keep it. No one is being forced to read it or participate in it. You have put the Chit Chat forums at the bottom of the board, and the only people who post there are the ones who really want to post there. It's not like a supermarket, where people have to walk by the crap in order to find what they want.

SL

Posting Limitations