View Poll Results: What should be done with the 'Global Warming' thread?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete it now.

46 83.64%
  • Delete it in a couple of months.

2 3.64%
  • Preserve it as an archive.

7 12.73%
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Administrator

Venues: 398
    Hi Hunt,

I'd like to be able to do that, but I've come to learn as a practical matter that these sort of sidebar conversations are going to surface anyway, and that it's better to give them a place to vent as a way of channeling these discussions away from the main subjects of the forum.

Thanks,

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt99
    I'd like to repeat my previous suggestion that threads about political and religious issues not be allowed on the site. Nobody is going to convince anybody of their correctness of their views, there are plenty of places on the internet where discussions of these things can take place, and the chances for personal insults and hatefests are quintupled on those threads.

I do not think this topic should be deleted. I do think it should be moderated and moderators should delete replys or parts of replys that are not necessary like calling names, That is just wrong, and every time I see stuff like that I just dislike the person saying the harsh stuff more, and I am left wondering WHY things are not moderated

I'd like to repeat my previous suggestion that threads about political and religious issues not be allowed on the site. Nobody is going to convince anybody of their correctness of their views, there are plenty of places on the internet where discussions of these things can take place, and the chances for personal insults and hatefests are quintupled on those threads.

Erase everything not related to the climate change discussion

I think Jackson is aware of the fact that we are different people, And I am sure he has the data to prove it.

I would not consider it a flame, this TROLL made numerous derogatory remarks about another forum members family members. He was allowed to continue for an entire day, I would ban people for that type of behavior, but that's just me. I have never once seen this forums standards degraded to that level, I was actually amazed this loon went as far as he did.

I think the topic itself is a hard sell, the majority of punters on this website aren't trained scientists and therefore either have to fall back along political party lines and rhetoric or they have to use scientific studies from REAL scientists. I mean it is real easy to say Global Warming is bullshit, but it is alot harder to prove. The problem arises when some members adopt a theory as if it were their own and then once that theory is challanged and the punter isn't actually knowledgable about the actual topic he descends into elementary school tantrums.

It is very hard to have a discussion based on scientific fact and data on this forum, not impossible but once you equate trolls into the mix, you have problems. I don't think the thread would ever lead to any conclusion since no one is going to convince someone else to change their opinion as ONE member tried.

Bad

Seems to me that deleting threads should be a last resort. Maybe the public poll will put an end to the bickering. Not that I think Nemesis is Goblin, but he does remind me of Goblin.

Are you sure BB and Nemesis are two different people, Jackson?

I'll also note that Nemesis has gone from left-wing name calling to right-wing name calling, probably just for trolling purposes.

Delete it.

I know my friend Alan did not want a thread that would become a personal FLAME war between BB and Nemy. It has rolled away from what he wanted and grown into a name calling Flame between a couple guys that need to send PMs back and forth to each other instead of their personal flaming for everyone to read.

Coach

Administrator

Venues: 398

What should be done with the "Global Warming" thread?

Greetings Everyone,

There's been a lot of bickering in the "Global Warming: Fact, fad or just a lot of hot air?" thread in the past few days which leads me to post this question to the Membership:

"Should the "Global Warming: Fact, fad or just a lot of hot air?" be deleted in it's entirety, or preserved for posterity?"

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...ead.php?t=3680

As always, I look forward to hearing your comments.

Thanks,

Jackson

Posting Limitations