Thread: Ana Luna Airport Taxi services

+ Submit Report
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Jackson

Remis to and from Airport

In the past five years I have used the remis services described by Aqualung below from the airport perhaps 15 times. (From the desk at the airport, not the elaborate service he is offering.) It is more expensive than the taxis, but I usually have a lot of baggage and the drivers have been very good about helping me get my stuff into the apartment building. I have used the remis service on Callao (roughly at Arenales) another 15 times to go out to the airport and it has worked fine as well. On occasion, I have used taxis and the Manuel Leon bus service and they were ok, too.
    Last edited by Stormy; 03-02-08 at 21:47. Reason: clarify

Cool

The safest thing is to contract my services for transfers but I am a lot more expensive than the rest!

For the regular guy, the safest thing is to go to one of the (remis) desks on the sides just before you come through the doors to the main hall. You pay there, you get a receipt and someone walks you to the car (which are all quite new and good quality) Never take a car from those guys offering cabs at the meeting point or outside the main hall.

The cabs are generally quite safe (the white ones with blue roofs) but now and then a bad one filters through. A great friend of mine is a major of the Airport Police (his sister is the one who found the suitcase and is now a playboy bunny) tells me that they get about two or three complaints a month from travellers either robbed or given funny money as change from cab drivers. This is an extremely low figure if you consider the amount of people going through the airport but there is no need to take even such a small risk.

Many of the better hotels also offer transfer services when you make the reservations. Usually this is perfectly safe and they use extremely good cars or limos but there is always a chance of your transfer reservation getting lost somewhere and there is no one there to meet you.

I have often seen people at the airport looking for the hotel car and no one there. You'll always see the hotel drivers in a group of five or six wearing suits or coats and ties to your left as you come out at the meeting point and usually you will find one of them willing to be helpful and call the hotel to get a driver to come and pick you up but that means you have been wandering around the airport for an hour or two hanging on to your luggage.

So back to the original suggestion - get a car at the remis desk! Safe, quick and not too expensive! Or hire me and I'll set you up with a limo, a couple of motorbikes and a Chase car or two but that's going to cost you some $$$ But think of the impression you'll make on the chicas!!!!!!
    Last edited by Aqualung; 03-02-08 at 18:11. Reason: Adding

Budget Transportation

Remember, the first line of thieves you have to go through are the customs officials!

This is true, you need to be careful at airports, especially ones you don't know.

I just wanted to chime in and agree, there are plenty of remise services right there at the airport.

The budget option, in case any of you low rollers are interested, is the Manuel Tienda León bus service. The bus takes you to Retiro, where you transfer into a van which takes you right to your hotel or apartment.

The price is 35 pesos one way.

http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/home/home.asp

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmann
    Ana Luna's Taxi service may or may not be a reliable service; however, I think using a recommended and highly reliable car service from the airport is smart and safe.
    Hi Helpman,

I agree, except that Ana Luna IS NOT a "car service from the airport". She is simply a person who owns a car and who runs an unregistered, unlicensed service with no connection to the legitimate airport car services. The fact is that few, if any, of us know her full legal name, her DNI, her address or even her vehicle's tag number. In contrast, the airport authorities along with the airport taxi companies and remis services have all this info on every person driving their cars.

I also agree that we are all especially vulnerable when departing an airport, especially given the cash and other valuables we are usually carrying as travel necessities, which is why I believe that the safest course of action is to hire a remis service at random from a pool of known entities, as opposed to telegraphing your arrival plans to a relative stranger.

Thanks,

Jackson

EZE taxi

I've used EZE taxi several times and worked perfectly for me every time. No waiting around either and good quality cars with OK drivers. Standard price has gone up yet again though. When you arrive at your place the driver will give you his card and if you use him when you leave its cheaper (60 peso from Recoleta - much the same as a normal cab would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmann
    I think using a recommended and highly reliable car service from the airport is smart and safe.
    Who has been ripped off by using the EZE taxi?

I Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Why do people continue to struggle with this?

There is a fleet of taxis waiting at the airport 24 hours a day just waiting to take you to any destination in the Buenos Aires area with no advanced reservation required.
    Ana Luna's Taxi service may or may not be a reliable service; however, I think using a recommended and highly reliable car service from the airport is smart and safe.

The most vulnerable anyone of us will be is when we exit the airport with all our traveling cash and possessions, going to a destination we're not familiar with, in a country we're not familiar with, and speaking a language we are not very familiar with. Thieves know this and this is why there will always be a disproportionate amount of them at the airports looking to rob, rape (women) and / or murder.

I urge anyone traveling in an unfamiliar country and landing at a major Latin American airport to spend the extra $20-$30 to hire a reliable car service to get to your hotel or apartment.

-Helpmann

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine
    Booked her rcently. Useless, didn't turn up, when phoned she was still in bed asleep. Bloke on the plane had also booked her and she didn't turn up for him either or bother to tell him she wouldn't.
    Why do people continue to struggle with this?

There is a fleet of taxis waiting at the airport 24 hours a day just waiting to take you to any destination in the Buenos Aires area with no advanced reservation required.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...052#post369052

Thanks,

Jackson

Ana

I emailed her 2/18 no reply yet.

Used her 3-4 times before, guess she is no longer working. To bad, great girl!

Luna tic

Booked her rcently. Useless, didn't turn up, when phoned she was still in bed asleep. Bloke on the plane had also booked her and she didn't turn up for him either or bother to tell him she wouldn't.

I couldn't honestly recommend her to anyone since she seems to be sporadic in her work schedule. She doesn't answer many people, seems to go out of town a lot, and lots of other problems. If you know her, and she works for you, that's one thing, but I know when I've flown for 15 hours, the last thing I want to do is wait around and see if Ana shows up. Been there, done that, don't like it.

Ana Luna had picked me up from the airport after my flight was delayed by many hours. She is a nice person and speaks good english.

I recommend her defintely for the newbies in town.

Her rates are reasonable. You are better of being in safe hands as you arrive.

In another country than a cab driver who takes a little lesser fare.

She picked me up the other day. No problem even though my flight arrived 3 hours late and my bag was the last one off the plane.

I know she was out of town for the weekend and most likely didn't have e-mail access.

Her phone number is posted on her site.

http://www.ana-luna.com/info/contact.html

Let me know when you hear from her. She ignores me now.

Ana

Is Ana Luna still working? Tried to email her, no word!

Posting Limitations