Thread: Ana Luna Airport Taxi services

+ Submit Report
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
This blog is moderated by Jackson

Similar issue

I had a problem with Ana also. She was great on the way in, bad on the way out.

I ended up looking on frommers and went with a place called annie millet I think, they speak english, or at least have someone who speaks broken english. They did a confirmation call the morning before I left, I had a chica talk to them to make sure I told the guy the right time.

The guy had a 2 year old BMW 5 series, wearing a nice suit. It was a class act. It was around 70 pesos, I think I gave the guy 100p he was a good driver for argentina, and I tip heavy.

Face it, the girl is nice to look at. You are probably not going to fuck her (I heard some have), so go for the reliable service.

My next trip I will probably just grab a guy at the airport there are many.

I can handle a little flakeyness on the way in, but don't mess with missing my plane out, thats a deal breaker and just bad business.

Airport Pick-Up

Now I really need to know, besides Ana can someone recommend a driver for me?

Forget the Moon

Anna does seem to have reliability issues. I gave her one shot a couple of years ago, but hanging out at the airport after a long flight is not my idea of fun. It seems that her "pimps" will hear no bad words said about her, though. Too bad she can't seem to defend herself other that posting "Jackson is dissing me on another site" type.

Retired Member

If You haven't used her services then your really not qualified to post on the subject are You?

Exon

5. 04-17-07 22:17

I was happy to see her smiling face when I walked out of customs today. It was a very pleasant way to start my stay in Buenos Aires.

If you want a 100% predictable experience, use the taxi booth at the airport. It's the rational choice.

If you want an excellent chance of being met by a lovely lady with a beautiful smile, use Ana. I use her every trip and, if for some reason she wasn't there and I couldn't reach her on her cell, I'd just walk over to the booth and get a taxi. No harm done other than a few minutes lost.

Strad,

I moved your question about airport taxi fares to the thread for Airport Taxis.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...ead.php?t=3727

Thanks,

Jackson

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Greetings Everyone,

I'm posting this on behalf of my guest who checked into my apartment on Wednesday. He was reluctant to post this himself out of concerns that he might get flamed. Imagine that?

Anyway, he made an advanced reservation to have Anna pick him up at EZE on Wednesday night at 11:30 pm. Unfortunately, she failed to show up, so after waiting and wandering around the terminal for 45 minutes, he took one of the regular airport remis services for 60 pesos.

My guest did comment that the remis driver had an "engaging personality" and "was fantastic in dropping me off to the apartment", for whatever that's worth.

Maybe there was a miscommunication about the reservation? Maybe she doesn't do night pickups? Maybe she had another customer? Maybe she had car problems? I don't know.

Thanks,

Jackson

Ana Luna Airport Taxi services

Hi all,

Landed in Bs As on Sunday at 1530 Hrs. The good thing is that I had booked online with Ana Luna. She was promptly waiting for me with her car and was fantastic in dropping me off to the apartment that I had booked through her. She charged me 24 USD which was quite alright and she is a good English speaker an keeps chatting to you while she drives! Her personal website is www.ana-luna.com and I recommend her highly to all people who come to Bs As.

This is my first post from Bs As. Cheers. I am stying at Austria 2284 till 29th April. Anyone wants to get in touch with me please feel free to do so. Cheers. Buenos Dias!

Another truth

My own experience with Ana Luna is about 180 degrees out from Hunt's.

I have been using Ana Luna personally for about a year for every one of my own trips to and from the airport. Never a single problem.

I have also used Ana Luna to pick up and drop off friends, family, and business associates. Again, never a single problem.

All told, I would guess that in the past year I have used her somewhere around 18 or 20 times. Never a problem with being on time...never a problem with failing to show...never a problem period.

Maybe it's because I always e-mail her the day before to confirm (and if it's for a friend or something, I text her about an hour out to make sure she's on the way there). Maybe it's because I insist on getting to the airport 3 1/2 hours early. Whatever. But my own experience has been that in the past year, this woman has been the very soul of dependability and reliability.

SL

Truth

OK, I have had enough of this thread. I'm going to post the truth as I know it personally.

I have used Anna Luna's services. I know her, and think she is a nice person.

I have found her to be less-than-reliable as a remis service driver. Sometimes everything worked out, but on one occasion I nearly missed a plane back the USA a couple years ago because she didn't pick me up from my hotel on time. I waited, and waited, and waited, and while she did telephone me to say "I'm on my way," she never appeared. I had to scrounge a taxi to the airport. That was the last time I tried to utilize her services.

I have also spoken to other mongers who have repeated to me less-than-favorable experiences with punctuality. In general they have been like me - not desiring to say anything bad, and not wanting to get flamed by people for whom Anna is the best remis driver in Buenos Aires. Yes, Captain9025, everybody has a bad day. Anna Luna seems to have a lot of bad days.

This all said - would I ever schedule a pickup from Anna Luna from EZE? Hell no. Too many potential problems, a lack of reliability, and a price which is higher than normal. A whole fleet of English-speaking remis kiosks is available outside customs at EZE.

Would I engage her to do remis work within BsAs? Maybe. I would just want to make sure there aren't any deadlines which are too important to keep. She is attractive, and if having an attractive driver is important to you, she's one of the best choices. I prefer getting from Point A to Point B on time and with a minimum of difficulty and cost.

What I don't like about this thread is Anna's attitude toward Jackson, whose forbearance allows her to get a lot of business on this forum. I don't like ingrates. She knows full well that the Jackson of this forum is not the same "Jackson Buenos Aires" in another forum who said something bad about her. But nevertheless she blames our Jackson. For me, this is not acceptable. I will not use Anna Luna's services again, and will not advise anybody to use them either, for the reasons I have explained.

Anna Luna is a breath of fresh air!

C9026,

Jackson knows as most of us on this forum, Anna Luna is a breath of fresh air for all of us when we arrive at the airport to have her bring us in town to begin our "NEXT ADVENTURE" as Exon calls our visits. It is always nice to see Anna at the airport! Thanks Anna for the many, many times you have picked me and my wingman up at the airport and delivered us safely to begin our trips home. Keep up the GREAT work!

Coach

Administrator

Venues: 398

Ana Luna Airport Taxi services

Thread Starter.

Posting Limitations