View Poll Results: What percentage of taxi drivers have tried to rip you off?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

10 10.75%
  • Less than 1/10 of 1%

19 20.43%
  • Less than 1%

31 33.33%
  • Less than 5%

20 21.51%
  • Approximately 10%

9 9.68%
  • Approximately 50%

3 3.23%
  • Almost 100%

1 1.08%

Thread: Taxi Ripoffs

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    Ok whatever, but that was one time. I've also had a lot of good taxi drivers and some who have helped me out. I think most of the time when these things happen, it's because they don't know where they are going, not because they are trying to rip you off. If I was so worried about the guy getting an extra peso or two, I wouldn't get my blood pressure up like you do; I would take the fucking bus! Hell your BP goes up just talking about it.

"You are an expert with a unique expertise." Not for much longer, I'm going to pull the plug and go live in the DR. I can fuck hotties all night and fuck with you all day!

Wink Easy Sid, don't get your panties in a bunch.

If you are finished adding to your post, which you've done about 3 times now, I will reply.

I was just jerking you around when I suggested we talk about taxis, and it looks like I hit a nerve. Dang I hate that! lol. Man you can dish it out, but you sure can't take it.

Just a little FYI, I normally I go to BsAs for 3 week at a time and I've made 14 trips, so I think you should at least call me a 3 week "Tourista".

Quizás your vast amount of longevity (what 24 months?) In BsAs explains your fluent Spanish and your excellent ability to communicate with the taxi drivers. My hats off to you!

One thing I do know is you have had '100x' more problems with taxis than I have, and for that matter any other "long time resident in BA " that I know. And I believe if you get in a taxi with a condescending, or a this guy is going to rip me off attitude, well you are probably going to be treated in the same manner.

As for comparing our taxi experiences to you telling how to "manage the plant", well that's like comparing the DR to BsAs, It’s not even in the same league!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    It is getting worse and worse!

I give them specific directions, 2 streets at a time. For example, Cordoba / Callao. Then Callao / Las Heras. Then Las Heras / Junin. It is not that they are all crooked, mostly just stupid. Works for me!
    I was hoping you would tell us how you and other non Spanish speaking guys can do this. Tell us about your friendly and elegant manner of dealing with taxi drivers. I'm sure they all miss you. Lol

Administrator

Venues: 398

Taxi Ripoffs

In your entire time in Buenos Aires, what percentage of taxi drivers do you believe deliberately took a long route or otherwise tried to rip you off in some form?

Posting Limitations