This blog is moderated by MCSE
    Interestingly, the two locals I know best here, both voted for Macri. This, despite the fact that both of them are definitely left of center in their politics. The reasoning was that Filmus, despite his liberal background, would be another whoare for Kirchner, and that Macri, despite his conservative background, might actually get some things done. Both of them conceded that Macri would probably steal some money, but chalked that up to the cost of having an able administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by MCSE
    What does means Mauricio Macri is the brand new City of Buenos Aires Major?

Mauricio Macri (born 1959-02-08) divorced 3 children was born in Tandil, in the province of Buenos Aires, and studied at the Universidad Católica Argentina (UCA) where he received a Bachelor in Civil Engineering. He also attended Columbia Business School, Wharton Business School and Universidad del CEMA.

He is the son of Franco Macri, a corrupt and successful southern italian businessman who arrived to Argentina in 1949.

He (Franco) is related to the "Children of god" sect and Macri practically own a big percentage of Argentina, among other anecdotes, he bought 62 acres in the west side of Manhattan in 1970, then he sold those lands to Donald Trump. His company built catalinas towers and the crysler tower, icons of BA.

Mauricio gained recognition as president of one of the most popular soccer clubs of Argentina, Boca Juniors. He was elected in 1995 and reelected in 1999 and 2003.

Now Mauricio Macri is the new major of the city of BA, and some changes in the city are expected. People who supports Macri is mainly the right wing and they are tired of the trash digglers and they promote an argentinean version of the tolerance zero plan applied in NY by Giulliani, (well something similar) so safety in the city is supposed to be increased and who knows, may be the city will look more clean. One of the big concerns of the people who is against Macri is the fact of the corruption will attack massively in the Buenos Aires city government.

In addition, too much control will be probably not accepted by the portenos.

One important thing to keep in mind is the fact that a Villa Miseria, or Missery Village (Villa 31) remains located in one of the most valuated parts of Buenos Aires, it's in the middle of Puerto Madero, Retiro and Recoleta. If Macri can remove those people from there, two things may happen: a) a decrease in the value of the property on the sorrounding areas, especially retiro and recoleta, due the supply of a 18% or a initial lower sq meter rate in the new area.
    These argentine are more concern about the dumb ass Boca jr. Team than they are about there economy and better living. The average Argentine is not the smartest guy in the room.

Who is the girl in the picture? I sure would love to bang her brain out.

Macri is center-right. Opposes street blockage by pickets, wants better transport and a city police department (currently the PFA is controlled by feds)

I think he has matured over the last few years. The villa mentioned below was discussd in several articles a few months ago. It is prime riverfront property which will be developed similar to P. Madero.

Good for my apartment!

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    Who's the Chica in the picture.

Exon
    Mauricio Macri's wife is the girl in the picture, she was a model.

Macri's father could be named the monger's guru of Argentina, the guy has only hot models, he is in his 70's and the girls on her 20's he keep the girls for a couple of years and then release them, I have strong reasons to believe he pays a little more than 150 pesos per hour, but if I was his negotiator I'm sure he could saved some bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    MCSE,

Will Macri be able to embezzle enough money, quickly enough, to keep Riquelme? Say it is so.
    Boca fans critized this, but I think Macri already have money enough to keep Riquelme and any other player, and will not be neccesary to became a major to make money for the Macri Family. Each fucking peso per minute you spend on your movistar pre-paid cards goes to Macri, they sold and made in Argentina Fiat, Peugeot and other cars. They kept manufacturing the peugeot 504 until the 90's, when in france they discontinued it in the 70's.

They owned the Argentinean postal service (correo argentino) among several other big companies, and the dictatorship required a loan from the IMF to pay Clarin, Perez Companc and Macri's bankrupcy, which eventually was later the cause for the default of 2001 some people say. Many says that Macri wants to be elected President in the future and this is they way to get there.

I know so many people who voted for the guy just because he was president of Boca. I would ask " who you voting for?" their response " Macri ". My reply " why ?", their answer " He was president of Boca and I love Boca and what he did with the team, so maybe he can do that with the city " My next question, " what does he stand for, what are his proposed policies?", their answer " I don't know ". Hehe.

Let's see what this guy does, corruption won't change that much, the only thing that might change with that is the cost of corruption might go up. But I hope whatever this guy does, he makes things better for the average argentine.

Bad

I want to bet that Boca Juniors has a new stadium in 2, 3 years time.

Somewhere in Capital where the groundprice is cheap and where there is plenty of room for development.

Retired Member

Who's the Chica in the picture.

Exon

MCSE,

Will Macri be able to embezzle enough money, quickly enough, to keep Riquelme? Say it is so.

Mauricio Macri. New Major of Buenos Aires City

What does means Mauricio Macri is the brand new City of Buenos Aires Major?

Mauricio Macri (born 1959-02-08) divorced 3 children was born in Tandil, in the province of Buenos Aires, and studied at the Universidad Católica Argentina (UCA) where he received a Bachelor in Civil Engineering. He also attended Columbia Business School, Wharton Business School and Universidad del CEMA.

He is the son of Franco Macri, a corrupt and successful southern italian businessman who arrived to Argentina in 1949.

He (Franco) is related to the "Children of god" sect and Macri practically own a big percentage of Argentina, among other anecdotes, he bought 62 acres in the west side of Manhattan in 1970, then he sold those lands to Donald Trump. His company built catalinas towers and the crysler tower, icons of BA.

Mauricio gained recognition as president of one of the most popular soccer clubs of Argentina, Boca Juniors. He was elected in 1995 and reelected in 1999 and 2003.

Now Mauricio Macri is the new major of the city of BA, and some changes in the city are expected. People who supports Macri is mainly the right wing and they are tired of the trash digglers and they promote an argentinean version of the tolerance zero plan applied in NY by Giulliani, (well something similar) so safety in the city is supposed to be increased and who knows, may be the city will look more clean. One of the big concerns of the people who is against Macri is the fact of the corruption will attack massively in the Buenos Aires city government.

In addition, too much control will be probably not accepted by the portenos.

One important thing to keep in mind is the fact that a Villa Miseria, or Missery Village (Villa 31) remains located in one of the most valuated parts of Buenos Aires, it's in the middle of Puerto Madero, Retiro and Recoleta. If Macri can remove those people from there, two things may happen: a) a decrease in the value of the property on the sorrounding areas, especially retiro and recoleta, due the supply of a 18% or a initial lower sq meter rate in the new area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails macri_and_wife.jpg‎  

Posting Limitations