Thread: Corruption in Argentina

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

All politicians are corrupt. That is why they become politicians. Does anybody really think these millionaires and billionaires choose public office for altrustic reasons? Doesn't anybody wonder why elections cost hundreds of millions and even billions? Because people want a job that pays 100 K a year?

Really?

Corporations and the banks that own them " donate billions of dollars to politicians every year and nobody ever wondered why? You honestly think they don't want anything in return?

Corruption is a stick to beat your opponents with in the media. Because once they're out. Then you can take their place. It's a circular argument that never goes anywhere since they are all corrupt. And if you don't want corruption end campaign financing outside of what the State provides and do away with career politicians. Better yet, neuter the government and put them in charge of defending borders and maintaining national parks and such. Then take away the power of the money changers to print money and call them federal notes for their own personal gain. Until then. You will never do away with corruption.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BadMan For This Post:

You seem so sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedropolar  [View Original Post]
    Yes, they do. 9/11, Boston marathon, Breivik in Norway, Charlie Hebdo shootings. The list is growing. Unfortunately the majority believes the most incredible BS without asking who is benefiting.
    Is someone co-ordinating all these events? Even the oil prices right now. Somebody stands to gain from it, but was there a plan from them to do so?

Menem?

Now, I have not gone to research anything yet. Somehow a name from the past, Menem, flamboyant ex-president comes up. Could he be a key figure in all this. Just one look at him, and you can see corruption dripping out of his pores.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedropolar  [View Original Post]
    Yes, they do. 9/11, Boston marathon, Breivik in Norway, Charlie Hebdo shootings. The list is growing. Unfortunately the majority believes the most incredible BS without asking who is benefiting.
    Humans unfortunately have a herd mentality. They aren't by nature, thinkers. They are followers. They are believers. They believe and follow whomever is leading the herd. The average human being will turn on their TV and will, without any evidence presented what so ever, believe at face value whatever the talking head on the screen tells them to believe. Even though that talking head is paid and funded by corporate interests and is as biased as they come.

But if someone comes along and shows actual proof that the corporate narrative is wrong, the preprogrammed humans will start saying things like " conspiracy theory " or the like. Not ever once thinking for themselves. Not even once seeing the irony of choosing to believe one corporately pimped " conspiracy theory " narrative over anything else.

But then again that is why we as a human race are headed in the direction we are headed.

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan  [View Original Post]
    Do those in power really expect us to be that stupid? I think that is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ound-dead.html

Alberto Nisman, 51, found dead hours before he was to testified in Parliament on Monday. He had spend the last decade investigating the 1994 bombings of a Buenos Aires Jewish Center that killed 84 people.

Question for me, why was he alone or was he?
    Kirchner didn't have anything to gain from his death. Especially after he said " I could end up dead " a couple days before he did so. She might not be the smartest politician in the world but even the idea is insulting. On the other hand the Israelis had alot to gain publicly from his death. Another false flag to blame Iran. Israel goes around murdering Iranian nuclear physicists and doesn't even bat an eye lash. The idea that it couldn't be them is preposterous. Iran also had less than nothing to gain. As soon as sanctions are lifted on Iran, the countries economy is going to boom and it will become THE middle east power. Anybody really think they cared at all about this Argentinian Nisman fellow? Nisman injected himself into the argument, at the behest of whom? For what? To stop Israel from getting blamed?

Again. Cui Bono? If this murder deflects from the investigation of Israels part in the bombings then I guess we have our answer. If the people who control the media hence the narrative, are all pushing to blame Iran and Kirchner, then I guess we have our answer.

Loud mouth Nisman wasn't a threat to either. He was running a media circus to try and stop the investigation into Israels part in the bombings and if he couldn't he really wasn't of much use to the Israelis. But his death was. Since. They could blame it on Iran and Kirchner by default while their media lackeys parrot Israels narrative on demand.

If this murder is used to again demonize Iran and the Kirchners then we know Cui Bono. If it is used to obstruct the investigation of Israels involvement in the bombings then we know Cui Bono. Everything else is a media circus and disinformation campaign. Why is Israel so scared of being investigated? What are they hiding? An honest person with nothing to hide isn't afraid of being investigated. When people start turning up dead, you have to ask yourself who really profits more. Why is the corporate Israeli controlled media trying to blame one side of the argument without any proof whatsoever?

Is Kirchner or Iran benefiting at all from this murder? Didn't they know they would immediately be blamed? Is the average person really supposed to believe this unbelievable narrative because TV and the MSM tell them to believe it.

Do those in power really expect us to be that stupid?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Lippmann

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Carey

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extra...ness_of_Crowds

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufacturing_Consent

Of course they do.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BadMan For This Post:

Iran and Argentina, oil and bomings?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ound-dead.html

Alberto Nisman, 51, found dead hours before he was to testified in Parliament on Monday. He had spend the last decade investigating the 1994 bombings of a Buenos Aires Jewish Center that killed 84 people.

Question for me, why was he alone or was he?

The "Artist " AKA "Picasso"

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Well, quite a lot of it did ring untrue. He was talking about the fake bills he'd been given as change by a taxi driver and was rifling through a bunch of 100's.he must have paid with a 1000 peso note! And the pick-pocketing piece that was filmed was so obviously staged that I began to wonder how much of the whole programme was staged. He also, allegedly, infiltrated the counterfeiting organization so as to get that 'interview' with the armed gang within 4 days of arriving in Buenos Aires and then got to meet "The Artist" within 6 days of arriving. Which really doesn't sound very realistic.

I particularly felt sorry for the taxi drivers, who were totally savaged, leaving viewers with the impression that they're all scum-bag thieves! I've been robbed in Argentina more times than I care to mention on this forum (for danger of being attacked) but in 6 years of regular taxi use I've never had any problems whatsoever. In fact, I've been over-changed and had discounted trips when I've found myself with insufficient funds!
    Finding the Artist is easy! He will give anybody an interview, does it all the time. Very well known.

The guys with the masks would have robbed him and killed him for his mega-buck camera gear and questions.

Nobody would have ever admitted to the wallet theft! Try to find the same person twice in Boca on a Sunday? Especially if you did not really see his face. They would have not admitted anything.

It was a Wanker Production but Life IS like that down here! NO BS!

TL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo  [View Original Post]
    Who knows, maybe the show itself is a scam!
    Well, quite a lot of it did ring untrue. He was talking about the fake bills he'd been given as change by a taxi driver and was rifling through a bunch of 100's.he must have paid with a 1000 peso note! And the pick-pocketing piece that was filmed was so obviously staged that I began to wonder how much of the whole programme was staged. He also, allegedly, infiltrated the counterfeiting organization so as to get that 'interview' with the armed gang within 4 days of arriving in Buenos Aires and then got to meet "The Artist" within 6 days of arriving. Which really doesn't sound very realistic.

I particularly felt sorry for the taxi drivers, who were totally savaged, leaving viewers with the impression that they're all scum-bag thieves! I've been robbed in Argentina more times than I care to mention on this forum (for danger of being attacked) but in 6 years of regular taxi use I've never had any problems whatsoever. In fact, I've been over-changed and had discounted trips when I've found myself with insufficient funds!

Scam City

Last Monday I watched the program "Scam City" on the Science (hd) Channel. It's a show about various scams that happen in cities around the world and this episode was on the scams of BA. It focused mostly on the rampant counterfeit black market in BA, mostly against tourists, and displayed many neighborhoods in the city.

The scams started with pungas / pickpockets on the streets (especially Boca) and in the subways. It also highlighted a "black widow", a woman who seduces men and then puts "Burundaga" in their drink and rips them off. The host then worked his way into catching corrupt taxi drivers doing a switcheroo with counterfit bills, meeting with a counterfeit middleman on Florida St., a gang who produces money, then finally meeting "The Artist" the guy who does the best counterfeit work in the country. He was saying that counterfeiting is not seen as a shameful crime, but a matter of craftiness, an unusual turnaround of ethics. In any case, according to the program, after the interviews were done, "The Artist" and a whole ring of counterfeiters were caught and are awaiting trial. But is seems that the consciousness of counterfeiting in BA, and in Argentina in general, is embedded into fabric of society, including the banks and the police.

It makes me wonder if the pesos I exchanged in a cueva were real. The work of the Artist is apparently top-notch and undetectable by the untrained. In any case, no one said anything of the bills I had. But the program is worth a look; somehow a lot of the caught criminals talked on camera. Who knows, maybe the show itself is a scam!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2207986/

Quote Originally Posted by Caricoso  [View Original Post]
    ...bribes with retributions...
    Also known as "carrot and stick.

However, if you have any connection to the US (I.e. Citizen or corporation) you are bound by the Corrupt Foreign Practices Act the variety or carrots and sticks available for you to utilize (legally) are limited. Interestingly, another bunch of regulations that do not apply to members of the US ruling class.

I do not understand this thread. There is no corruption in Argentina. There is nothing to see here! Move along!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wild Walleye For This Post:

Still Paying For Those "Blank" Passports

Quote Originally Posted by Caricoso  [View Original Post]
    Now is "Batman" who came to save our lives! Mr. Honest! You confuse bribes with retributions!

By the way, what is the definition of a "lobby?
    I'm NOT saying that I'm Batman, I'm just saying that we have NEVER been seen in the same place at the same time.

TL.

Here we go again!

Quote Originally Posted by Damman  [View Original Post]
    Thought paying bribes to do business in Argentina was a given. How foolish of me to think otherwise. Argentina, pilar of virtues.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7BC18J20111213
    Now is "Batman" who came to save our lives! Mr. Honest! You confuse bribes with retributions!

By the way, what is the definition of a "lobby?

Thought paying bribes to do business in Argentina was a given. How foolish of me to think otherwise. Argentina, pilar of virtues.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7BC18J20111213

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damman For This Post:

Posting Limitations