Thread: Corruption in Argentina

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Expats living on pesos are doing better? Its true the dollar is trading at thirty percent above the official rate, but what good does that do you when prices are 2 to 3 times more expensive here then in the US of A? For example, here a pair of levis sell for 600 pesos and up. In Walmart. Com with tax and shipped to your house its around 20 dollars? Thats five times more expensive here. Not to mention they are probably selling you "levis" "Hecho en China!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevins  [View Original Post]
    Ex pats living on pesos cant wait for her to go
    I should have qualified that better. I feel your pain brother.

Ex pats living on foriegn currency you mean;. (

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    NOOOOOOOOO I hope they keep her forever! Christina=terrible for Argentinians, FREAKEN AWESOME* for ex-pats

*except for electronics and getting money
    Ex pats living on pesos cant wait for her to go

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney  [View Original Post]
    It is as simple as that!
    NOOOOOOOOO I hope they keep her forever! Christina=terrible for Argentinians, FREAKEN AWESOME* for ex-pats

*except for electronics and getting money

Hello, Sid!

The anti Christinas were well represented as many signs now spell corruption with a capital K. Speaking of devided electorates, you might be surprised at the signs reading Viva la Reina. After the Malvinas, it would be a stretch to suggest they were talking about QEII.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordoba Dan  [View Original Post]
    Could I get a local's take on tonights demonstration. There seems to be a hot mess of a mix of issues lathering everyone up. Some signs concern the fear of Christina extending her term ala Chavez. Some are calling for a stop to the killing. Is that a reference to general insecurity among the public (Agualung's take on that would be great) How often do they coordinate these across the country? Can' t remember seeing that before. A little backround on who are 8N would be great. Thanks
    can't really tell you the issues but I was out in it a little. The vibe was pretty cool, aided in no small part to all the weed I could smell burning. Pretty calm, with a real mix of demographics.

Major Manifestacion

Could I get a local's take on tonights demonstration. There seems to be a hot mess of a mix of issues lathering everyone up. Some signs concern the fear of Christina extending her term ala Chavez. Some are calling for a stop to the killing. Is that a reference to general insecurity among the public (Agualung's take on that would be great) How often do they coordinate these across the country? Can' t remember seeing that before. A little backround on who are 8N would be great. Thanks

There's always a silver lining.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre
    I explained that a lot of my girlfriends happen to be working girls and that I do not allow drug dealers to operate within the restaurant.
    Unfortunately, I doubt that makes you exempt from payment.:-)

The flip side of the corruption here is that it can work in your favor. I was able to renew my work visa, something that officially takes six weeks, in two days. You just have to know somebody who "knows" somebody.

Very Corrupt!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
    Corruption in Buenos Aires? Say it ain't so!
    A few weeks after I re-opened Lαlliance and 1 day after SIMONE, the crazy Brazilian attacked me in the restaurant I had a visit by an undercover sergeant that controls the entire district and he explained that If I was going to have working girls and or drug dealers at my establishment then I would have to pay him off or he would close me down!

Plain and simple!

I explained that a lot of my girlfriends happen to be working girls and that I do not allow drug dealers to operate within the restaurant.

It is a family restaurant where you can order a huge T-Bone, a bottle of fine wine and a hooker for desert!

The CRAZY Brazilian is the one that made up the story about the drug dealers to make it more interesting!

Then a dark car with totally blacked out windows came by and hung-out in front of my place for about 5 minutes at 4 in the morning!

Never a dull moment!

Stay Tuned !

This deal is just starting to get good !

TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye
    Clearly, he must have pissed off the wrong guy. Either that or someone further up the criminal food chain needed to throw the authorities a decent bone. These guys don't get busted due to dogged detective work. They are protected.
    Think this guy is a big fish. They found $800k stashed in his house. EZE customs are at the top of my shit list. They busted my balls for 100 pesos to get my three zip-lock bags of cashews through customs. All the shit brought through customs at EZE and I get hassled over cashews. No justice.

http://momento24.com/en/2010/03/12/e...muggling-case/

He didn't think that he needed to pay the judge

Quote Originally Posted by Damman
    Never ceases to amaze me the depth of corruption here. EZE Customs boss busted.

http://translate.google.com/translat...tm&sl=es&tl=en
    Clearly, he must have pissed off the wrong guy. Either that or someone further up the criminal food chain needed to throw the authorities a decent bone. These guys don't get busted due to dogged detective work. They are protected.

Corruption in Buenos Aires? Say it ain't so!

Arrest of the director of the customs of Ezeiza busted

Never ceases to amaze me the depth of corruption here. EZE Customs boss busted.

http://translate.google.com/translat...tm&sl=es&tl=en

Brit report is a fake

Although I think it interesting the brit report is a fake.

See this link.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/congress.asp

What About this one?

- Every week you'll find part of the staff at Black as a reward.

- The Female Manager fucked the Maid.

- The Maid, was banged by 30+ clients.

- The clients fucked the chicas at Madaho.

- The taxi driver got a BJ from the chica the client paid for a free ride.

- The assistant was found masturbating on a chair at the office.

- The Maid was found masturbating herself with the vacuum machine.

- The CEO fucked the client's assistant.

- The staff had vacation on a nude resort as a reward for improving sales.

- The clients were drunk in a party with the staff.

- No employee has a driver license, they are all drunk all the time.

Which organization is this?

The leading company in Apartments Rentals: BARTS www.barts.com.ar

Quote Originally Posted by Hotman 666
    Don't think that you guys have cornered the market in corruption!

Can you imagine working for a Company that has a little more than 600 employees and has the following employee statistics?

• 29 have been accused of spouse abuse.

• 7 have been arrested for fraud.

• 9 have been accused of writing bad cheque's.

• 17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses.

• 3 have done time for assault.

• 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit.

• 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges.

• 8 have been arrested for shoplifting.

• 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits.

• 84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year.

Which organization is this?

It's the 635 members of the UK House of Commons, the same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us Brits inline.

What a bunch of be*****ds we have running our country - it says it all.

And just to top all that they probably have the best 'corporate' pension scheme in the country!

Hotman.

Posting Limitations