Thread: Penalty for overstaying 90 day visa

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeOilSales  [View Original Post]
    The idea that I am the reincarnation of MoveOn or any other previous poster is simply ridiculous. Ask Jackson to check the IP address that I post from. I've lived in Argentina for many, many years and know this place inside and out to a degree that some overly aggressive uptight chimp (who likely speaks little Spanish) could not even begin to approach. Clearly your feathers are ruffled as a result of my participation in the 2012 election thread as prior to my participation the thread was nothing except an Obama hate fest with no hard criticism of Romney (who is clearly a very flawed candidate). Politics is a two way street and both sides of an issue can be argued coherently.
    Both sides can in fact be argued, as can your coherency.

Jackson, please delete this post in a few days after confirming I am not MoveOn as this post does not belong in this thread except as a response to Toymann's accusations.
    Don't bother trying to get Jax to authenticate you. Go nail some fine local tail (female, please) and tell us all about it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wild Walleye For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Toymann  [View Original Post]
    51 posts on the board and NOT a single chica post! In fact they are all either political or peripheral posts like your last one here on this thread. As WW says, welcome back MoveOn. I wouldn't put the slightest credibility in anything you say dude. I doubt, in fact, you have ever even been to Argentina. So much for all those passport stamps. IALOFLMAO. Happy Mongering All. Toymann
    The idea that I am the reincarnation of MoveOn or any other previous poster is simply ridiculous. Ask Jackson to check the IP address that I post from. I've lived in Argentina for many, many years and know this place inside and out to a degree that some overly aggressive uptight chimp (who likely speaks little Spanish) could not even begin to approach. Clearly your feathers are ruffled as a result of my participation in the 2012 election thread as prior to my participation the thread was nothing except an Obama hate fest with no hard criticism of Romney (who is clearly a very flawed candidate). Politics is a two way street and both sides of an issue can be argued coherently.

Jackson, please delete this post in a few days after confirming I am not MoveOn as this post does not belong in this thread except as a response to Toymann's accusations.

RIGHt!

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeOilSales  [View Original Post]
    I can concur that the immigration officials are taking a HARD look at the number of entry / exit stamps at the Buquebus terminal these days. Several months ago I was hassled by the Argentine immigration official before boarding the boat and was told to get my residency papers in order. Last week, before boarding the boat in Uruguay the immigration official took a hard and look at the many stamps but did not issue any warnings. No such hassles at EZE or AEP.
    51 posts on the board and NOT a single chica post! In fact they are all either political or peripheral posts like your last one here on this thread. As WW says, welcome back MoveOn. I wouldn't put the slightest credibility in anything you say dude. I doubt, in fact, you have ever even been to Argentina. So much for all those passport stamps. IALOFLMAO. Happy Mongering All. Toymann

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Toymann For This Post:

I can concur that the immigration officials are taking a HARD look at the number of entry / exit stamps at the Buquebus terminal these days. Several months ago I was hassled by the Argentine immigration official before boarding the boat and was told to get my residency papers in order. Last week, before boarding the boat in Uruguay the immigration official took a hard and look at the many stamps but did not issue any warnings. No such hassles at EZE or AEP.

Different up north

I think that's part of what I see (IMHO) as part of the increased anti-N Americano attitudes in and around BsAs. At both Posadas and Formosa they didn't look past the last page to make sure I have a valid exit stamp. They didn't even look at the rest of the pages. I suspect, but can't prove that this is a Colonia / MV thingy. I wonder if it is happening in Tigre on the Carmelo run. Which for the value monger is a much better deal, cheaper by far and less time on the boat. You got to get up early as shit though to catch the tigre train though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Daddy-FYI, most of the expats I know that are here for awhile have decided to avoid the three month visa runs. The visa runs have become a bit of a crapshoot, with immigration checks increasingly unpredictable. More scrutiny for those with lots of ins and outs. You increasingly run the risk of getting the dreaded "ultima prorroga" as I did a few years ago. To each his own, but I stopped the visa runs long ago and just pay the $300p charge on the way out. No fuss and no muss.

When I came back from Uruguay the other day, they argentine woman t bought my passport was not right cause I had so many Argentina stamps. Most have dates spread out months apart over years, but it was the sheer amount of pst AMPs that caught her eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    After living in Corrientes and crossing at Posadas twice I have a little different view. Seems about every single paraguayan that comes to Argentina overstays. I crossed twice at Posadas and both times the line of Paraguayans paying the fine was about a kilometer long. For the reasons listed by Jackson and rock harders, in addition to having a non mercourser (sp) passport I don't think I will change and will continue to make visa runs but I think it's fairly common to overstay.
    Daddy-FYI, most of the expats I know that are here for awhile have decided to avoid the three month visa runs. The visa runs have become a bit of a crapshoot, with immigration checks increasingly unpredictable. More scrutiny for those with lots of ins and outs. You increasingly run the risk of getting the dreaded "ultima prorroga" as I did a few years ago. To each his own, but I stopped the visa runs long ago and just pay the $300p charge on the way out. No fuss and no muss.

New insight

After living in Corrientes and crossing at Posadas twice I have a little different view. Seems about every single paraguayan that comes to Argentina overstays. I crossed twice at Posadas and both times the line of Paraguayans paying the fine was about a kilometer long. For the reasons listed by Jackson and rock harders, in addition to having a non mercourser (sp) passport I don't think I will change and will continue to make visa runs but I think it's fairly common to overstay.

Penalty for overstaying 90 day visa: Lunch with Damman?

Maybe you should do the time.

Later

You live a charmed life Sid. Glad you have returned to the scene of the crime. Hope we can have that lunch. Returning next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    On entry, I was jailed for 3 days, striped and cavity searched, attempted rape, fined $5000, $5000 more was stolen from me, was given only 1 day to finish my business, and permanently banned from AR! I am on the loose and evading them now! Scared Sid

And their two week vacation rentals at resorts are for 15 days.

They splitr the month.

Another important consideration

Being Argentina not all immigration officers use the same stamp upon arrival. Some use a "90" day stamp and others use a "tres meses" stamp, look in your passport you will see what I mean. Once at Tigre while making the visa run to Carmello I tried asking about this.

The conversation went something like this:

Me: I've noticed that some of my stamps are different, could you please tell me if a tourist visa is good for 90 days or 3 months.

Idiotic Argentine Imigration Official (IAIO): Yes.

Me: But 3 months and 90 days are not the same thing, 3 months could be 91 or 92 days.

IAIO: Yes.

Me: So is a tourist visa is good for 3 months?

IAIO: Yes 90 days.

(This particular stamp was good for 3 months from 20 Nov. So it should have been good until 20 Jan. I went a couple days early at 89 days)

Me: So I could have stayed until 20 Feb.

IAIO: No that would be more than 90 days.

Me: But my visa says three months.

IAIO: Si noventa dias.

Me: Gracias che, buen dia, chau chau. (I got on the fucking boat)

Plus

A quick visit to a nearby foreign port of call gives you all more mongering ops to report upon so that us less well traveled, less worldly folks can make an objective decision about other interesting places to visit and sample local fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Harders
    Mongers,

I completely agree with Jackson on this issue. In my opinion, overstaying the tourist visa for reasons of laziness or convenience is just plain stupid. Although there are seemingly little or no consequences now, if things go wrong the shit could hit the fan. For example, if you are arrested for some reason, you will be in the country illegally and will not have the same rights as someone holding a valid tourist or other visa. You could be detained for an extended period of time awaiting a hearing in a very unpleasant Argentine jail conditions. Or, as Jackson suggests, you could be denied a residence visa at some future time for violating Argentina's immigration laws.

Suerte,

Rock Harders
    I agree 100% on this one with Mr Jackson & RH

Mongers,

I completely agree with Jackson on this issue. In my opinion, overstaying the tourist visa for reasons of laziness or convenience is just plain stupid. Although there are seemingly little or no consequences now, if things go wrong the shit could hit the fan. For example, if you are arrested for some reason, you will be in the country illegally and will not have the same rights as someone holding a valid tourist or other visa. You could be detained for an extended period of time awaiting a hearing in a very unpleasant Argentine jail conditions. Or, as Jackson suggests, you could be denied a residence visa at some future time for violating Argentina's immigration laws.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Posting Limitations