Thread: Requests for items from the USA

+ Submit Report
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Correction, the 350MB HP is 599$ and the Sony VIVO is 1299$ and there is no tax in my state.

Special Requests

All the machines at Costo range between 500 to 600$. What is it your wanting to spend on a used one. I'm very lery to bring more than one per person. What do think the markup is on electronicks due to AR. Import tax. Great story, sounds a little similar to some of the fucked up things me and my travel partner have done to each other over a piece of ass. Will be back in B.A. Next week. Thanks, Rioboy

Retired Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rioboy1
    Your absolutely right Exon, I don't think the site should be used by anyone to sell any contraband, personally speaking. However myself and two fellow mongers will be in arriving in be. A. With 3 brand new laptops and cameras. I arranged a sale with a friend before I left. I have to give him 1 laptop for cost for the sale. Hope to maybe meet up with you guys at the club on this one.
    Rioboy1,

Some things I've learned since I wrote that piece last year that might be of help to you.

I have a friend who's a Cheap MotherFucking CockSucker by the name of Moe whom lives in Buenos Aires. Moe is such a piece of shit that Jackson has banded him from the board and even banded his address so he can't even read the forum.

The reason, Moe the dumb Fuck, offered money to "El Jefe", Jackson's girl friend to Fuck Her, result Jackson went ape shit, and won't be in the same room with Moe. There is no democracy on the forum.

Anyway, Moe, the Cheap Fuck, wanted a lap top computer and finally after much arm twisting I aggreed to get him one.

Well being the Cheap CockSucker Moe is I went to Craigs List in my home town and bought him a used machine that two years ago retailed for $1,800 US dollars. I paid just $240 for an almost brand new Lap Top in perfect condition.

Then put the computer in my carry on and smuggled it through Argentine custom's with the thought in the back of my mind that if I was discovered I'd tell them I need two computers and one was for business and being used there should be no problem.

Well Moe now has a michine that I know that with just a little posting on the Argentine websites he could sell for a $1,000 US dollars or more. The CockSucker, Moe, paid me with a check on an unheard of Bank I had to wait 3 weeks to cash apon my return when I could have used the cash for Mongering durning the trip.

In fact I have a Favorita whom's young daugher is computer literate and would die to have her own machine, (I like MILF's) Its my plan to do the samething, buy another cheap computer on Craigs List and trade it to her for her pussy, mulitiple sessions of course. Everybody win's on this type of deal.

Exon

Your absolutely right Exon, I don't think the site should be used by anyone to sell any contraband, personally speaking. However myself and two fellow mongers will be in arriving in BA with 3 brand new laptops and cameras. I arranged a sale with a friend before I left. I have to give him 1 laptop for cost for the sale. Hope to maybe meet up with you guys at the club on this one.

You mentioned digital cameras

So all of you are saying that I could bring down my nice 18 month old G6 camera to BA. I could possibly use for the week and then if the timing is right sell it to? For a large enough profit to at least pay for some chicas and also when I get back into the US buy a the newer updated model and come out even?

Rustyjones

Be careful with computers and customs.

I've brought in "extra" PC related equipment before, including laptops, but realize if they sniff it out you'll more than likely lose any profit margin or more via taxes, etc. in Customs. Realize, that is, if they catch you with more than one when coming in.

They've given me shit before but IT is my profession and I come there to work at our offices so I can say one is private, one is professional use, etc. Show my business creds and move on.

Retired Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ampfofu
    I suggest buying a lap top or 2 right now. Especially with the great deals the big retailers are having. Then before you even leave for BSAS I would set up a account with Mercardo Libre and post your lap tops on the web. Mercardo Libre is a part of EBAY but if you have a account in the US you will need to get a new one in BSAS. Post your laptops and by the time you get to BSAS you can set up with the winner to meet up and make the transaction. That I think is your best option. By the time your first week is over in BSAS you will have made your money and will not have to worry about selling. You can just have fun.
    Excellent idea Ampfofu.

But since I don't read Spanish well, to prove your point, I went to Craigs List in Buenos Aires rather than Mercardo Libre which you suggested, probably a much better market place than Craigs List.

http://buenosaires.en.craigslist.org/sys/

And "Bingo", theres obviously "Smugglers" useing Craigs List in Buenos Aires and here's an example or two.

1. http://buenosaires.en.craigslist.org/sys/478256837.html

The guy writes at the bottom he's selling a $6000 peso computer, 2 thousand US for $1,500 USD

I'd be happy to provide more specific details, and show you the laptop in person. Price is $1500 US dollars or 4680 pesos. Look on the Hp website for a comparison http://h30107.www3.hp.com/hogar/prod...notebooks.html For a laptop without Intel Core Duo and otherwise inferior in every way, the price is 6000 pesos.

Serious and local inquiries only. I will not ship the laptop to any location.

Thanks!

He's making more than $500 USD on the deal

2. This next guy is probably "Miami Bob", just kidding Bob

http://buenosaires.en.craigslist.org/sys/455703666.html

This guy's taking orders to go, he wants it sold before he buy's it.

Theres something too this idea Mongers and it could be done with most any product the Argentine Government has put high import tax's on Camera's, Lap Top Computers, Video Camera's and so on.

Moreover, I think an enterpriseing young Monger could pretty much earn a living if he found the right nich with the right product mix. I also think that buying used off E-Bay in Sex Prison is the way to go, why should we pay sales tax's. If were going to Fuck one government out of its tax's, why not Fuck another Government out its. Since price is the real issue in Argentina, if the idem is in good condition, then its all about price, its the Argentine mentality were working with here.

Now we've opened up a whole new form of enterprise here on the forum, "Smuggleing", one day it will probably have its own thread. Someone gets something sold and they post for a corrier, the possibilities are endless.

Exon

Quote Originally Posted by Booka
    Is there anything I can bring legally that I would be able to sell there for a profit big enough to make it worthwhile?

They have a lot of sales going on right now after Thanksgiving on electronics.

Also I will be doing a lot of work on internet and chasing tail on my off hours, I have stayed in Palermo but am wondering if Recoleta may be the place I should look to stay this time.

Any feed back would be great.

Thanks,

Booka
    I suggest buying a lap top or 2 right now. Especially with the great deals the big retailers are having. Then before you even leave for BSAS I would set up a account with Mercardo Libre and post your lap tops on the web. Mercardo Libre is a part of EBAY but if you have a account in the US you will need to get a new one in BSAS. Post your laptops and by the time you get to BSAS you can set up with the winner to meet up and make the transaction. That I think is your best option. By the time your first week is over in BSAS you will have made your money and will not have to worry about selling. You can just have fun.

Retired Member

BundaLover,

The camera I bought, a Nikon 5800 for $250, was a discontuned model that sold retail in the US the year before for over $900 dollars, it was in perfect condition.

The Lap Top, I know nothing about computers, was personally picked out on the internet by the young girl I wrote of that works for Microsoft. As you know the prices of Lap Tops are all over the map.

She picked out, a Dell, because it had "Extra Special Shit" on it she wanted. In fact I bought two, one for myself on her recommendation. It was a reconditioned machine but came to my house in a sealed Dell box, I couldn't tell it from new. I had to unpack it for transport knowing that if I tried to bring it threw customs in the box I'd be hit for the tax's.

Any profits in this business are really "Scaming" the Argentine government out of the import tax's. As you wrote below anywhere on Florida street camera's are "About double, maybe a little more". And thats your margine, "Double", a $1,000 dollar camera is gona run about $2000

Now here's the problem as it was explained to me by the Argie. You've got to keep a low profile because the "Dealers" you speak of on Florida Street are constantly reading the Clarin looking for their competitors under cuting their prices and turning them to the authorites. The other problem I'm told is finding a customer with "All Cash"

I'm quite sure your right that some retail Florida street vendors are selling some smuggled goods but not on any large scale. They've got to be checked by the Argentine Government. Moreover, they have a "suggested retail price" for this type of thing and "Thats the Price"

Finally, running an Ad in the Clarin doesn't take anytime and all your really doing is identifying your customer. On that basis you could special order for the customer anything he wanted discount it a bit and still make a bundle.

Exon

Exon,

The concept of what you state is true. However one can buy all the Japanese digital cameras you want on Florida Street. I recall they were about twice) perhaps a bit more) as expensive as the US for Canon and Nikon models that I priced. That is a far cry from the mark-up you are stating. I don't care what your dentist friend says she is WRONG.

Also buying used goods is not the way to go. Who the hell wants a used digital camera with outdated features when the new ones are always cheaper and with more useless features?

The laptop idea is something that makes sense but then you have deal with locals there. The owners of the stores will buy. They have smuggling to a science. But the margin is low. Its a good idea for someone that has time to sell the laptop.

Retired Member

Booka,

At last an intelligent question and from a "Newbie", maybe the best I've read.

Theres a very good market for Lap Top's and Digital Camers and frankly someone could earn a decient living smuggling them into the counrty. But you'd need an Argentine accomplish for marketing & distribution and you'd have to be careful not to get too greedy. What your really doing is beating the "Argentine Tax Man"

As some example's, I bought a used digital camera on E-Bay for $250 dollars as a favior to my dentist. She told me she could resell it for $2,000 US, easly.

I also bought a used reconditioned Dell lap top on E-Bay for another friend of mine who is a programer for Microsoft. She picked it off the internet herself and really knows computers and what she was buying for $750 dollars. When we met to make the excange I asked her, "Whats it worth $2,000?", "Oh No" she answered back "Much more, we make very good business"

I know of one "Smuggleing Ring" involving an Airline pilot that's going on right now. The Argentine run's an Ad in the Clarin newspaper soliciting customers, cash customers. If they don't have the idem in stock the pilot buys it and fly's in down on his next trip and they split the profits.

And frankly I don't understand why these American "Wanta Be" Ex Pats aren't doing this.

Exon

Coming 30 Nov.-30Dec and

Is there anything I can bring legally that I would be able to sell there for a profit big enough to make it worthwhile?

They have a lot of sales going on right now after Thanksgiving on electronics.

Also I will be doing a lot of work on internet and chasing tail on my off hours, I have stayed in Palermo but am wondering if Recoleta may be the place I should look to stay this time.

Any feed back would be great.

Thanks,

Booka

Retired Member

Daddy,

I try and buy my "smokes" at the duty fee store in Atlanta, Dallas or Miami, their American and taste better than the same brand made in Argentina.

Coming home I always load up in Argentina and suffer with them since there about 80 % cheaper than at home.

Exon

Smokes

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    I don't understand the allure of shopping at the duty free shops. I've never seen a good deal at one.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Smokes are 33% more expensive at duty free than downtown, though they do come in a good carrier.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by DosLuna
    The 60 Gig classic Ipod now sells for $239 US at Costco, or $249 US everywhere else in the U. S. The duty free zone at Panama airport had them priced at $399 US.
    I don't understand the allure of shopping at the duty free shops. I've never seen a good deal at one.

Thanks,

Jackson

Posting Limitations