Thread: Requests for items from the USA

+ Submit Report
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Just Got 12 Pounds!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Getting a little low on peanut butter if somebody wants to grab a couple jars of 16 oz Jiff creamy.

Not many people can point you to as many 500-600 peso good indy's as I can.

Just saying,

DR
    I just received 12 POUNDS of PB!

More on the way!

The ONLY thing that I ate for 5. 5 months the last time I was in Texas was PB.

A jar every 2 days. Tiny jars! A tease!

It was the only thing that the commissary sold that was a low carb, high protein meal.

When I was in preschool I would trade my empanadas and lomo sandwhiches for PB&J!

Secretly! My mother was convinced that it caused zits!

It's not the zits that are a problem!

If you are allergic to Peanuts you are a Dead Motherfucker!

Killed one of my best friends! Fucking Chinese Delivery did not tell him that their food was cooked in Peanut oil!

Rich, good looking Kid!

TL.

I could use some lower end leads, never hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Getting a little low on peanut butter if somebody wants to grab a couple jars of 16 oz Jiff creamy.

Will bring some next trip.Can I pay them with candy?

Peanut butter

Just saying,

DR

Baby medicine?

Hi Gysell,

Did someone bring you the Baby Medicine?

OK, please let me know.

Thanks,

Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhot  [View Original Post]
    Thank you very much for help me guys!

Thank you very much for help me guys!

Regarding Jackson's tax info, perhaps a numerical example would be instructive.

A US company produces a finished product such as an electronic component. Its manufacturing costs (materials, labor, and overhead) are $100. The retail price is determined by market forces and the net margin for electronics could be about 20% (Apple's net margin is in the very low 20's). So let's say non-manufacturing costs are $25. They sell it for $150 and make $25 or 20% net profit.

An Argie company imports this same product. The full cost is $100 + $25 = $125 and the tariff is also $125 so you have the item sitting in inventory on the books at $250. The MSRP will often be 200% of this, based on some Argie somewhere sometime heard something about "keystone," which means 100% markup or 50% margin. This can be achieved in a few select industries like high end furniture and jewelry, but the Argie was sick that day. So now the Argie company sticks blindly and intransigiently to its retail price of $500 + IVA = $605 or over four times the US price. And, since very few Argies have $605 to spend on something they can use for free at McDonald's or steal while riding by on a motorcycle, and since Argies won't cut price, ever, for any reason, the electronics will become obsolete before they ever get purchased.

That's assuming they didn't get stolen at the port of entry in the first place.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

I need a little stuff from USA

Hi guys, if you come to BA soon I need a little favor.

My daughter have a problem in the skin and need some product from USA.

I appreciate so much if anybody bring this stuff for me.

Don't worry I pay in dollars but is very cheaper.

http://www.drugstore.com/aveeno-baby...6?catid=182480

Thanks.

GY.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    It's simple:

First, Argentina has a 100% import tariff on imported electronic goods that effectively doubles the wholesale cost of every item, this tariff being justified as necessary to protect Argentina's domestic electronic manufacturing industry, which in fact doesn't exist.

Second, Argentine law permits manufacturers and distributors to set and enforce the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price), which is why every store has the same price for the same electronic item, and which is why "promotions" are very rare. This stifles price competition between retailers and keeps prices higher.

Third, Argentina collects a 21% IVA tax (which Americans would think of as a sales tax) on retail sales, which of course add 21% to the retail price.

Thanks,

Jax
    Great information. Looks like I need more friends for my next trip to BA.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesPW  [View Original Post]
    Yes that's really great advice, I understand.

I'm constantly amazed at how much electronics are in the US and how much they are in Argentina. It looks like values triple once it comes into the country. A 32 GB iPad mini in the US retails for about $400-$500. Looks like that same iPad might be worth 1200 - 1500 US in Argentina.

Why is there such a disparity in US versus Argentina sold products?

Thoughts, comments?
    It's simple:

First, Argentina has a 100% import tariff on imported electronic goods that effectively doubles the wholesale cost of every item, this tariff being justified as necessary to protect Argentina's domestic electronic manufacturing industry, which in fact doesn't exist.

Second, Argentine law permits manufacturers and distributors to set and enforce the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price), which is why every store has the same price for the same electronic item, and which is why "promotions" are very rare. This stifles price competition between retailers and keeps prices higher.

Third, Argentina collects a 21% IVA tax (which Americans would think of as a sales tax) on retail sales, which of course add 21% to the retail price.

Thanks,

Jax

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    It's hard to sell an Argentine anything!

If it's worthless in the States it's worthless here.

At least they will tell you that.

What are you going to try to do?

Argentine Ebay? Joke!

It would take forever, you might get robbed and they will offer you all kinds of SHIT as a trade!

Cell phones, playstation 1 !

These guys are a joke when it comes to selling something!

I had a power cable, some RCA cables and a remote control on Mercadolibre for $30,000. 00 and I received all sorts of ridiculous offers. And that was a deal!

Craig's List? Worse!

You should be able to trade it for sex and the girl is still going to ask you for cab fare!

Good Luck!

TL.
    TL,

Thanks for the lead on Debbie, I really enjoyed her company but when I was ready to go to round three she wanted to go to the club and so we did. Celeste can you through for rounds 3, 4 and five. I do love AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276  [View Original Post]
    Exactly! You, as a tourist will never sell it. Maybe someone on AP will buy it at USA used price.
    Yes that's really great advice, I understand.

I'm constantly amazed at how much electronics are in the US and how much they are in Argentina. It looks like values triple once it comes into the country. A 32 GB iPad mini in the US retails for about $400-$500. Looks like that same iPad might be worth 1200 - 1500 US in Argentina.

Why is there such a disparity in US versus Argentina sold products?

Thoughts, comments?

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]

Argentine Ebay? Joke!

It would take forever, you might get robbed and they will offer you all kinds of SHIT as a trade!

I had a power cable, some RCA cables and a remote control on Mercadolibre for $30,000. 00 and I received all sorts of ridiculous offers. And that was a deal!

Craig's List? Worse!

You should be able to trade it for sex and the girl is still going to ask you for cab fare!

Good Luck!

TL.
    Exactly! You, as a tourist will never sell it. Maybe someone on AP will buy it at USA used price.

No Problem in Getting it in.

Yes I have one that I'm ready to get rid of and upgrade.

When I come to Argentina there's a customs document that wants to itemize my cell phones. So I wasn't too sure if I could sell my iPad when I'm in country. Are there laws around this activity?

Argentine Ebay? Joke!

Craig's List? Worse!

Good Luck!

TL.

When I come to Argentina there's a customs document that wants to itemize my cell phones. So I wasn't too sure if I could sell my iPad when I'm in country. Are there laws around this activity?
    Just put down what you have just in case they look. When you leave they do not ask you what you are leaving with. And if they do ask when you leave why you have one or two items less, just say one of "Cristinas kids" stole it. Any one would believe that!

Probably

But that would assume when you leave whoever would look at that would divert their attention from the ass of the chick standing next to you long enough to notice what was on the paper.

Most of that kind of stuff, while theoretically working in both directions is for locals here that take stuff like that back to the real world so they don't have to pay the duty on it when they return.

Just put some general "electronics" on the form, call them "personal use. " I would be surprised if anybody even looks, though I haven't cleared customs in a very long time. Don't try and hide it, if anybody says anything play stupid like you didn't understand the form.

+ Submit Report
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations