Thread: Good bars

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Redondo

Bar Congo

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Duke
    Just back from a 2 week trip, first time in BA, first time posting, and all I have to contribute is this place (I was with a *very* straight crowd, shared studio appartment, family friends present etc etc)

Bar itself is fine, nice patio section out the back. Drink prices seem on the high side (10-20 pesos) Didn't try the food, expect similarly elevated prices. I was there on a Thursday and it got very busy by around 12.30, worth arriving a little earlier.

Best thing about the place was the vibe, many women there clearly on the pick-up (all non-pros as far as I could tell) seemed popular with a slightly older crowd (think 25-40, not 18-25) but a high percentage were "up for it", tons of eye contact, tons of flirting, very easy to get chatting and I even got an interesting offer (not what I expected from what I'd read about the women in BA) Wasn't able to follow through (damn) but I'd rate it a worthwhile punt for a non-pro experience. Women were 5-8, if you like MILFS, this might be what you're looking for. No idea if it's the same on other nights of the week.

Suerte!
    Was there yesterday around midnight. After 10 sec! At the moment I ordered my drink two very nice girls started to talk to me and introduced me to there friends. All very hot. Non-pro. People with good jobs, around 30 years old. After the we went to a disco, bu later decided to go to another disco (Nicento) and danced the night away.

Hey Aussie,

Are you still in BA and if you are how long are you there for?

Bar Congo, Honduras 5329

Quote Originally Posted by BundaLover
    There have to be some good bars in Palermo where the beautiful people hang out.

Guys, what's good there?
    Just back from a 2 week trip, first time in BA, first time posting, and all I have to contribute is this place (I was with a *very* straight crowd, shared studio appartment, family friends present etc etc)

Bar itself is fine, nice patio section out the back. Drink prices seem on the high side (10-20 pesos) Didn't try the food, expect similarly elevated prices. I was there on a Thursday and it got very busy by around 12.30, worth arriving a little earlier.

Best thing about the place was the vibe, many women there clearly on the pick-up (all non-pros as far as I could tell) seemed popular with a slightly older crowd (think 25-40, not 18-25) but a high percentage were "up for it", tons of eye contact, tons of flirting, very easy to get chatting and I even got an interesting offer (not what I expected from what I'd read about the women in BA) Wasn't able to follow through (damn) but I'd rate it a worthwhile punt for a non-pro experience. Women were 5-8, if you like MILFS, this might be what you're looking for. No idea if it's the same on other nights of the week.

Suerte!

Solution: Buy a plane ticket for Mendoza.
    Chose Brazil instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Marc
    Quoted for truth. After five days here, this is clear to me now. Perhaps I should have dug a bit deepr into the forum before planning my trip.
    Solution: Buy a plane ticket for Mendoza.

Finally I will add that there is a certain stand-off nish of the local girls with respect to being approached by a stranger in any place in BA. They simply are not of the mindset to respond to stranger. Even if you arent as cute as I am or as charming as I am or as blah blah blah. If always pays to be nice to the locals because once you start going out with them your circle of introductions will increase. This has been talked about by Jackson and other board members that live here. However for the guy that just drops in once in awhile BA is not going to welcome you with open arms. It not as bad as New York but we tourists arent big deals to the locals.
    Quoted for truth. After five days here, this is clear to me now. Perhaps I should have dug a bit deepr into the forum before planning my trip.

BA is really near a crash and then everything will be real cool again

Quote Originally Posted by Tigre
    What is so special about the first Wednesday of every month?
    The Dutch (and people who are related to Holland) in BA are having a beer.

Usually there are about 50 to 100 people and some girls who are looking to get laid by a foreigner

Quote Originally Posted by Redondo
    It's nice the first Wednesday of the month.

Lot's of Argie girls looking to get laid by a foreigner
    What is so special about the first Wednesday of every month?

Quote Originally Posted by MCSE
    Van Koning the day holland had a game for the worldcup, one year ago.
    It's nice the first Wednesday of the month.

Lot's of Argie girls looking to get laid by a foreigner.

Quote Originally Posted by Moore
    There is a good old style "Dutch" bar called Van Konig right across the street from Jackie O.
    Van Koning the day holland had a game for the worldcup, one year ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 248.jpg‎  

Quote Originally Posted by Moore
    There is a good old style "Dutch" bar called Van Konig right across the street from Jackie O.
    It's a nice place to hang out and have a beer in the midst of a pretty upscale neighborhood. A nice selection of suds as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Very popular for very young Argies. Neither my son nor I cared much for it. Extremely ''clicky''. The Argies were afraid to play pool against us--not that we we so good, they all were very poor!
    It's ok to have dinner, not really to go out.

There have to be some good bars in Palermo where the beautiful people hang out.

Guys, what's good there?

Posting Limitations