Thread: Apartment Rental Recommendations

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Looking for (2) 1 bedroom apt

I am looking for (2) 1 bedroom apt for 1 to 2 weeks in early April 2008. I prefer they were in the same or adjacent buildings. I have budgeted $300/ week with that price including high speed internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben There
    Ok. So I am back for a visit and I am using BYT for apt and I am focusing on Recoleta for my work and my play, but I have no clue as to the location that I am looking at. I can check out the places, but I don't know if it is a good location or not. Big thanks here if anyone can offer their advice.

Gracias big time.

Here are my choices.

Paraguay why Talcahuano:

Av. Pueyrredon and Guido I:

Ayacucho and Pacheco de Melo V:

Larrea and Juncal:

Billinghurst and Las Heras II:

Montevideo and Av. Cordoba II:

Sanchez de Bustamante and Juncal:
    I settled on Billinghurst and Las Heras. Because of space, avail and what I needed in a place. Thanks for all the input. BYT is really good to work with so far. Anyone know this area well enough to point me in the right directions?

3 weeks and counting.

Well, If I had to rent an apartment I would rent from www.rentaltravelservices.com

Just for personal reasons.

All these locations are pretty good although my personal preference is to stay on the Recoleta side of Santa Fe.

http://www.animap.com.ar/default.asp is a good site for checking locations.

As far as noise goes, the biggest difference tends to be between apartments that face the front vs those that face the back. I would not rent a front facing apartment on Las Heras or Pueyrredon unless I knew it had been soundproofed as they are busy streets with lots of buses.

I like the area around Larrea / Juncal and Ayacucho / Pacheco de Melo.

Positive Experience

I have used myplacerealestate.com. They gave me a helpful orientation and were flexible with times of transactions. They offer long term (six months) rates on many apts. They were easily accessible when any issue arose. They returned my same bills (deposit) in a sealed envelope. They helped make my trip a pleasant experience. Nice people.
    Last edited by Phu Bai; 10-31-07 at 18:43. Reason: grandma(grammar)

Av. Pueyrredon and Guido.

This is 2 blocks from Madaho's. 4 from Newport.

The Hard Rock Cafe is a block or 2 away if your into that and the cemetery is there also.

There are a ton of buses on Pueyrredon. I don't know if a quiet apartment is a problem for you. May want to ask.

I have never used these guys.

Geographically challenged

Ok. So I am back for a visit and I am using BYT for apt and I am focusing on Recoleta for my work and my play, but I have no clue as to the location that I am looking at. I can check out the places, but I don't know if it is a good location or not. Big thanks here if anyone can offer thier advice.

Gracias big time.

Here are my choices.

Paraguay why Talcahuano:

Av. Pueyrredon and Guido I:

Ayacucho and Pacheco de Melo V:

Larrea and Juncal:

Billinghurst and Las Heras II:

Montevideo and Av. Cordoba II:

Sanchez de Bustamante and Juncal:

Look at Bytargentina. They have tons of small apartments all over the place and a studio or small one bedroom in a central location should be easily available at that price. There are plenty of other companies as well, but I am most familiar with them.

Apartment info?

Hi guys,

I'm coming over to BA in January and will be staying for a round six months and wanted to get some recomendations on accomidation. Ideally I'm looking for a 1 man apartment somewhere fairly central or at least with good transport links. However, I am not sure about the prices and could probably only afford $150 a week having just left uni and was wondering if realisticly anything is available for around this price or if I would be better of finding someone to share with or staying in hostels. Not looking for anything specific right now but rather an idea of what I will be looking for when I get to BA.

Thanks

I can also recomend ByTargentina

When you follow-up, telephone and ask for Jorgelina. She lived in the usa; speaks fluent north american english; and provides close to north american style service.

These folks are basically honest.

Bob

Never had a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ben There
    Should I assume that most of the apartment rentals are chica friendly as its private entrance not with doorman or front desk? I am looking at BytArgentina for the apt. Thoughts? Thanks!
    I have rented 3 apartments from BytArgentina this year and haven't had a problem yet.

SM

Timba8,

In my experience, the apartments were not occupied the day of check in, so early check in have not been a problem with no additional fee. I usually pay half day to reserve the apartment for late check out.

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timba8
    To me, the problem is that most of the flights from the U. S. Arrive early in the morning and depart in the evenings.

Most rental agencies have a 2 p. M. Check-in and 10 a. M. Check-out. When you ask them what to do with your stuff in the time gaps, they say "oh, just reserve the night before and and the night after."

Anyone have experience on the best way to deal with this?
    Leave your stuff at the rental agency's office until plane time.

Exon

Quote Originally Posted by Timba8
    To me, the problem is that most of the flights from the U. S. Arrive early in the morning and depart in the evenings.

Most rental agencies have a 2 pm. Check-in and 10 am. Check-out. When you ask them what to do with your stuff in the time gaps, they say "oh, just reserve the night before and and the night after."

Anyone have experience on the best way to deal with this?
    I've never had this problem with four rentals through Reynolds. Roxana has also been flexible with me when it's been possible.

Chica friendly

Apartment security people are there to open the door, collect garbage, do general housekeeping and have a general overview about who enters and leaves the building. They might build their private opinion concerning the taste in women of people living / staying in the building, but it is certainly not their job to make any moral comments - and they won't.

So, don't be afraid if there is a front desk in your building, rather appreciate it. And, nobody has to check in / out there!

Posting Limitations