Thread: Hotel Reservation for Visa

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Member #3320
    BTW,

Aqualung, I would PM you for details.

Sportsman, Thank you. I have also used Hotel. De to book my hotel in Germany last year. Its a excellent site. Highly recommended for European Hotels.

Thank you very very much guys.

Sorry for my late response to all your messages on this thread, which was initiated by me.

May I know from the experienced people here, is the reimbursement of money guaranteed on Travelocity & Expedia, if you cancel within the time frame.

Does the money come automatically in your account?

Many Thanks

Most hotels in Argentina will ask for credit cards to confirm reservations.

They will also ask you for the security number (a 3 or 4 digit number on the back of the card) before they take your reservations. I recommend NEVER give the full correct number as I have seen the way the numbers are stored. It's just asking for any hacker to take them and have a party!

Invert some digits somewhere (Example - if you have a 536 somewhere in your card number send it as 563) No hotel employee is really going to check the number and IF someone does and gets back to you, the "mistake" is understandable. And that's only if you really need a reservation at that hotel!

Then, finally, whatever hotel you make reservations at, you can cancel them 72 hours prior to the date without any charge.

I have made reservations on this website on my travels to Europe:

http://www.hotel.de/homepage.aspx?lng=EN

Though I have made reservation for hotel in Burenos Aires but it is available. It never asked for credit card to gurantee the reservation. Of course the responsible thing to do is to cancel the reservation once the visa is approved if not earlier than that.

Make a reservation online with expedia or travelocity with fully refundable deposit if asked for a certain number of days. Print out copy. Get visa. Keep or cancel reservation. DONE

Hi.

I can make a reservation for you at a hotel and mail it to you. You can then cancel the reservation whenever you want and this will not cost you anything.

PM me for more details

Hotel Reservation for Visa

Hi,

Can anyone, please advise, if I can get a letter for hotel reservation from the hotel after booking for the first day only?

I am saying this, because, the passport I hold needs a hotel booking at time of visa application. However, that is not the problem. The problem is to plan so much in advance, when you are still applying for the visa!

Can anyone here:

Aa) Guide me, on how to go about it?

B) Tell me if any hotel would issue me a 30 day reservation letter without actually paying for it. Lets call it, adhoc reservation?

C) Do you think, the apartment rentals would be able to do this for me? That is, I pay for the first day and am able to get the letter for one month reservation?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank You

Posting Limitations