This blog is moderated by Miami Bob

Wow @ all the hate on this thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tarded.jpg‎  

Again Redondo, what's a shitload.

Quote Originally Posted by Redondo
    I for one can understand that anybody who has investments with an annual pay-out of about 15 to 30k and about 100k in dollars in cash to buy an appartment in BA.

With 100 to 150 peso a day you can still have a pretty good life in BA and quality of life is pretty high.

You could offcourse also buy an appartment in the first world for about 300 to 800k but in the first case you could spend 8000 dollar a year and in the second case about 28.000 dollar if you base it on a ROI of 4%. With a ROI of 6% annual it's 12k and 42k.

You offcourse can get a mortage, but that also means that you have to mortage your future and if you own in BA you are more independent and from the money you spend on your mortage you can still have a pretty good life.

I think that if inflation is so high that you can't have a decent life for about 2000 to 3000 dollar a month most foreigners will leave
    Stick to the fuckin' point you frustrating piece of God's knows what. You make unsubstanciated posts, get shot down in flames, never stay on the subject and now it appears, your skin is so thick, you don't just get the point. Your economics for the past 2 years hasn't improved. My guess is your source of money is a family in Holland who willing gives you the money to live here so they don't have to put up with your drivel. Pity us!

Argento

I for one can understand that anybody who has investments with an annual pay-out of about 15 to 30k and about 100k in dollars in cash to buy an appartment in BA.

With 100 to 150 peso a day you can still have a pretty good life in BA and quality of life is pretty high.

You could offcourse also buy an appartment in the first world for about 300 to 800k but in the first case you could spend 8000 dollar a year and in the second case about 28.000 dollar if you base it on a ROI of 4%. With a ROI of 6% annual it's 12k and 42k.

You offcourse can get a mortage, but that also means that you have to mortage your future and if you own in BA you are more independent and from the money you spend on your mortage you can still have a pretty good life.

I think that if inflation is so high that you can't have a decent life for about 2000 to 3000 dollar a month most foreigners will leave

[QUOTE=Argento]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung
    And hope to God if you take the bus option, there is a seat, sin chorros, be aware there is no airconditioning and no stereo or radio of your choosing. And hope that your ultimate destination is Cordoba & 9 de Julio, which will be highly unlikely.

Argento
    I don't about that bus but there is nothing wrong with Plaza or Chevallier to La Plata.

'. A shitload.'

Anyone who bought in 2002 untill 2005 and sold in 2007 or 2008 made shitload of money.
    In percentage terms, what's a shitload? In Palermo for example? In percentage terms, in U$ and in Euros. I figure my house has appreciated 100% in U$ dollar terms, but I have spent U$50k and still going for sub-standard work, much needing repeating. In U$ cross rates with Euros, I have made a loss and in $Australia, my base currency, I guess I am treading water.

So what is a shitload?

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    Why would anyone want to invest in a country with 20 to 25 precent inflation, especialy if the terms are all cash in US dollars.

The next "Crisis" or revolution will more than likely be over the uncontrolable inflation in Argentina. A country in which 25 % of the people live below the poverty level.

There's big trouble brewing in Argentina and its not more than two or three years away.

Real Estate is like politics, its all local, location, location as they say in real estate. So why invest in a third world economy with 20 percent unemployment when you rent the property cheaper that you can own in.

Real Estate in Argentina is a form of cash, they can't trust their banks or the government so the Argentine's put their money in property and hope to rent it.

As an example each day Craigs List has Ad's http://buenosaires.en.craigslist.org/apa/ plus all the rental agencys.

Exon
    Anyone who bought in 2002 untill 2005 and sold in 2007 or 2008 made shitload of money.

You have people that don't want to rent, you have people that have family in Argentina, have kids in Argentina, etc.

Either way you always need to have homes for people and the population is still pretty young if you compare it to most first world country, so there will always be people that want to rent or buy.

Argentina real estate is also a refuge for putting money in the bank and this will not change with an economic crisis

My point exactly.

[QUOTE=Aqualung]
    Quote Originally Posted by Argento
    From where I live (Hudson - 35Km from BA) it takes me about 30 minutes (door to door) by car to Cordoba and 9 de Julio - by bus that goes along autopista (exactly the same route as I take with my car) I have to calculate (with the wait) about one and a quarter hours. During rush hour add 40 minutes to both car and bus!
    And hope to God if you take the bus option, there is a seat, sin chorros, be aware there is no air conditioning and no stereo or radio of your choosing. And hope that your ultimate destination is Cordoba & 9 de Julio, which will be highly unlikely.

Argento

[QUOTE=Argento]
    Pleased you recognised the facts. Thanks.

And on public transport, you must include the time getting to the collection point, waiting for the train or bus as well as getting to your ultimate destination from the distribution point. Not quite the same as starting up the car and going there.
    From where I live (Hudson - 35Km from BA) it takes me about 30 minutes (door to door) by car to Cordoba and 9 de Julio - by bus that goes along autopista (exactly the same route as I take with my car) I have to calculate (with the wait) about one and a quarter hours. During rush hour add 40 minutes to both car and bus!

Retired Member

Why would anyone want to invest in a country with 20 to 25 precent inflation, especialy if the terms are all cash in US dollars.

The next "Crisis" or revolution will more than likely be over the uncontrolable inflation in Argentina. A country in which 25 % of the people live below the poverty level.

There's big trouble brewing in Argentina and its not more than two or three years away.

Real Estate is like politics, its all local, location, location as they say in real estate. So why invest in a third world economy with 20 percent unemployment when you rent the property cheaper that you can own in.

Real Estate in Argentina is a form of cash, they can't trust their banks or the government so the Argentine's put their money in property and hope to rent it.

As an example each day Craigs List has Ad's http://buenosaires.en.craigslist.org/apa/ plus all the rental agencys.

Exon

[QUOTE=Argento]

And on public transport, you must include the time getting to the collection point, waiting for the train or bus as well as getting to your ultimate destination from the distribution point. Not quite the same as starting up the car and going there.
    I included that in my point. It's about 45-50 minutes door to door and a bit less for locations in Nunez, Palermo or Recoleta.

It can easily beat many locations in Capital especially the ones that are not close to the subte, and there is no need to go with the sucky collectivos.

I would probally not go a lot with a car to Capital but mainly use the car to get around in Zona norte (that is a need, especially if you have kids) and interior.

It's sucks to go with a car to capital and if you do you should go outside rush hours, but it sucks as well to have a car in Capital, so not a lot difference there

Thanks for that!

[QUOTE=Redondo]
    Quote Originally Posted by Argento
    You are right with your 800 dollar a m2

Retiro - Beccar is about 35 minutes, 10 minutes walking, waiting makes about 45 to 50 minutes.

As I don't depend on a job in Argentina (Carne probally neither) I can travel to Capital when I want and if you avoid rush hours it's about 45 minutes. But either way it would make more sense to take the Mitre because you can get off in every good part of town (Nunez, Belgrano, Palermo, Recoleta, Microcentre)

Thank you all, guys

To all fellows,

I am realy greatful for the infos, be sure I do not take the first apartment I see.

I recieved one offer which is allready in my interest, but I will look arround first because I nail something.

If its done I will officialy anounce it and if you guys don't mind I will cook something european and invite you for a "move in" party. I pay the drinks, you all pay the chicks - hehehehe, just kidding.

Anywayy, we will have some nice BBQ and than we see what will happen later.

BUT. No shagging in my future shower!;-)

Have a great weekend, yours C.

[QUOTE=Argento]
    Beccar is San Isidro, one of the best Municipalities in the whole of gran BA and about 35 to 40 minutes from Micro Centro by public transport and about 45 minutes by car. It takes longer to go Microcentro in many parts of Capital.

The going rate for 1 m2 in Belgrano or Palermo is not 800 dollar, but a lot closer to twice that amount[/ QUOTE]I beg to differ. When was the last time you looked at PH's in Palermo? Or better still, when was the last time you stopped off and spent some time there? There are any amount of 80m2 to 100m2 PHs available around here. If you got off the train and looked in at the lists on display at the ten million real estate shopfronts, the prices rarely exceed U$80k. Oh, and I forgot, you must think that you are the only person who has travelled from Beccar to the Microcentre. Sure you can do it in 45 minutes but not in normal hours. And as you probably have your cock in your paw as you are driving, you probably run a few red lights in the excitement, saving even more time.

Argento.
    You are right with your 800 dollar a m2

Retiro - Beccar is about 35 minutes, 10 minutes walking, waiting makes about 45 to 50 minutes.

As I don't depend on a job in Argentina (Carne probally neither) I can travel to Capital when I want and if you avoid rush hours it's about 45 minutes. But either way it would make more sense to take the Mitre because you can get off in every good part of town (Nunez, Belgrano, Palermo, Recoleta, Microcentre)

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan
    Well I got to hand it to you Redondo, you actually are posting some interesting information (although it has nothing to do with women)

I would say prices vary depending on the location, the building category, age, prestige and the actual floor the apartment is on, building height etc. I will list new building prices below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

New building prices*

Palermo Nuevo (the neighborhood I am currently purchasing in) and Palermo Chico are some of the priciest neighborhoods in Palermo (anywhere from $ 2000-$ 3500 a sq meter) Las Canitas is around $ 1800-2200 And Palermo Hollywood is around $1600-2000. Then Palermo SoHo and Palermo Viejo are around $ 1500-$ 1900 (I actually disagree with the newbie poster below, I think these prices are what make SoHo and Viejo some of the most attractive real estate investments in the whole city)

I stay completely away from Recoleta for many different reasons, but prices there are easily $ 2000-3000 a sq meter. And I stay completely away from anything in the center (it's like living in downtown LA) San Telmo is a place where you can still get big apartments at extremely low prices.

I think there are always good deals if you are lucky and bide your time. But if you are looking for a good cheap deal, stay away from brand new buildings in the nicer neighborhoods. Try finding a nice fixer upper in an older building. Prices for brand new apartments in brand new buildings in Palermo are at least $ 1500-1800 a sq meter.

Regards,

BM.
    You are wrong, going rate for Palermo is 800 dollars a m2. Just ask Argento

Someone

Well I got to hand it to you Redondo, you actually are posting some interesting information (although it has nothing to do with women)

I would say prices vary depending on the location, the building category, age, prestige and the actual floor the apartment is on, building height etc. I will list new building prices below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

New building prices*

Palermo Nuevo (the neighborhood I am currently purchasing in) and Palermo Chico are some of the priciest neighborhoods in Palermo (anywhere from $ 2000-$ 3500 a sq meter) Las Canitas is around $ 1800-2200 And Palermo Hollywood is around $1600-2000. Then Palermo SoHo and Palermo Viejo are around $ 1500-$ 1900 (I actually disagree with the newbie poster below, I think these prices are what make SoHo and Viejo some of the most attractive real estate investments in the whole city)

I stay completely away from Recoleta for many different reasons, but prices there are easily $ 2000-3000 a sq meter. And I stay completely away from anything in the center (it's like living in downtown LA) San Telmo is a place where you can still get big apartments at extremely low prices.

I think there are always good deals if you are lucky and bide your time. But if you are looking for a good cheap deal, stay away from brand new buildings in the nicer neighborhoods. Try finding a nice fixer upper in an older building. Prices for brand new apartments in brand new buildings in Palermo are at least $ 1500-1800 a sq meter.

Regards,

BM.

Posting Limitations