Thread: The perils of our hobby

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
This blog is moderated by El Aleman

So what should I tell this 911 operator in my broken castillano? That I am a middle aged man who is with a 24 year old girl who works at a club who has 3 tabs of ecstasy on her, who got paranoid after getting stoned after blowing me after dinner in a residential building in Palermo at 2:30 on a Sunday night? I think OJ's story in Las Vegas was a little stronger at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Smuler
    o.

Is there a 911 number in BA?

Smuler
    There is and it is also 911.

Agent

The agent that I have used the past few trips has been a guardian angel to me when I have worked with her. Her company http://www.buenosaireshousing.com.ar/, Beatriz got me a magnificent apartment in Las Canitas last January. The apartment was impecable.

This time when I arrived on a Sunday morning 8:00 the apartment in Las Canitas was a tad shabby, owned by an argie. I knew my two week stay would be gloomy here and I said to her privately that I was not happy with the unit.

She said she would go home and make some calls about some other units in Palermo and we would speak later. The owner surprisingly also said that if I was not going to be happy here then he of course wanted me to find a place where I woudl be better off. Not once mention of " Oh you reserved the unit and you are responsible " I wonder how many renting companies would say that! After a two hour nap, she called and we met and saw two other units, one which was much better.

During the stay I was going a little nuts with the elevator noise being near my unit and she took the time to show me another unit to see I liked it better. While I agree most realtors are questionable at best, I can recommend this women to rent or manage your property as she is truly trustworthy. I am a licensed realtor as well, although that is not my profession and I have seen the usual mo. Beatriz is a find. If I ever get a chance to reside in BA I would partner up with her in a heartbeat.

Your point is well made though as a general rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Master J
    I choose to have the rental agent hold the spare
    This implies the average rental agent in BA is more honest than the average hooker in BA. My experience has been the opposite. But that's just me.

[QUOTE=Exon123 Therefore, the only way you can leave is find the key's and un-lock your own door.[/QUOTE]My guess would be you've never been in a house fire. I've been in two and would never willingly lock myself in. I'd rather get shot to death by a robber than burn to death. But that's just me.

You should not access your safe with anybody in the apartment.

I usually hide some cash in a really fucked up place as a reserve from opening the safe, on the other hand if your getting mugged you can give them the hidden cash and say thats all you have, keeping the safe out of it.

If I have to access in apartment cash reserves or maybe the safe I will do it with the chica in the shower.

One time I made a chica stand in the bathroom and I told her why, she was cool with it. This was a chica I had been with a few times before and is to stupid to steal.

I go one step further.

I need a key to lock the inside deadbolt.

I then take the keys, and lock them in the safe in my apartment.

The girl (if she is a thief, etc) cannot leave the apartment without me unlocking the door, and walking her downstairs, and let her out the front door.

I do not show the girl that I do this. I usually sit her in the living room. Get her wine, soda, etc.

I then " exit stage left " and ditch the keys, lock them in the safe, and am back in 45 seconds.

A side note- if I do experience a situation where I do encounter a sticky situation..what should I do

Is there a 911 number in BA ?

Best Regards.

Smuler

Quote Originally Posted by Master J
    Thank you for your comment. I always get a spare at time of rental but I guess I choose to have the rental agent hold the spare should I ever get locked out of the unit. In this case I was paranoid myself that she would return with her boyfriend and clean out the electronic, my bags, etc. It was a bit off a mess but I earned it.
    Master,

Thanks for sharing the experience. Something to learn for all mongers staying in short term rentals.

Thanks, dude

Retired Member

Here's a habit I've formed over the years to avoid just this situation.

Each and everytime you enter your apartment, be it alone or with a Chica make a habit of locking the dead-bolt when you enter your apartment. Sometimes I'll leave the key's in the lock, sometimes I'll put them in my pocket if I have a Chica with me. But lock the bolt when you enter.

The point is you've locked your self inside your own apartment and the key's are locked inside with you. Therefore, the only way you can leave is find the key's and un-lock your own door.

When you un-lock your door the key's are in your hand and the easyest thing to do with those key's is put them in your pocket.

I've had nightmares about locking myself in or out and "Knock on Wood" I've never done it.

Exon

Thank you for your comment. I always get a spare at time of rental but I guess I choose to have the rental agent hold the spare should I ever get locked out of the unit. In this case I was paranoid myself that she would return with her boyfriend and clean out the electronic, my bags, etc. It was a bit off a mess but I earned it.

May be a good idea to immediately have a copy of the apt key made so there is a backup available for emergencies while staying at short term apts.

Caveat

Having preferred to post this after I safely left the country I had a particularly interesting experience on my last night in BA. After spending 2 weeks doing just about everything I had cum for, and thoroughly enjoying meeting and spending time socializing with the local members, I had now had a dinner date with someone I had met in a club. The dinner went well enjoying company with this attractive neuben and she requested we go back to the apartment for the rest of the night. Personally after spending 200ars for most of the plays, I thought 600ars for the whole night plus dinner was a reasonable play.

After seeing her near perfect body and cute young face lying in my bed I was pleased with my decision. Sex was a little on the mechanical side, but she was eager to please and was quiet in her functioning. I orchestrated a couple of changes and she was accommodating in all that I was looking for. We chatted for awhile and it looked like she was planning to spend the night so I enjoyed having someone in my bed and feeling the warmth of a pleasant person with no clock running.

We then decided instead of trying to go to sleep, since we both had slept most of the day, to enhance the moment with some herbal tea. After some time she seemed to get a little paranoid and was feeling uncomfortable. She kept saying that some of the men she was with would drink too much or some would want to f**k for two hours straight so there are some shortcoming of their trade as well. Well seeing that she was uncomfortable, I said she could stay if she wanted or leave if she would like.

She then got dressed quickly and I said fine I would see her out of the building. Next thing I know she went downstairs, duplex, and as I am putting on my pants, I hear the door close and the elevator door close. Now I am F**KED because the keys that I had left in the door also let me out of my apartment!

I gain my composure and go to my balcony to call out to her to please come back with the keys because I cannot get out. She says she left them inside the building. So I am stuck. It is now 4:am and I sleep for a little bit until 7:am when I hear someone on my floor leaving for work. I now have to say through the door that my keys were taken and could they please send someone up to open my apartment. The very nice man said don't worry and within ½ hour I arranged now for the top lock to be changed 240ars, but now I feel like I should wait in the apartment to make sure that no one returned perhaps with the keys, or her boyfriend and clean out the apartment.

Summary statement: I always am cautious who I bring back. It is always hard to be with the person all the time, especially in a duplex. I did speak later to her and she apologized for the keys and she said on a late night message that she really wanted to change her work because she was afraid. So I killed the last day that I was going to spend time buying gifts. Had to pay for the change of the lock and was lucky to get someone to send someone up to the apartment. I guess the biggest fear was what if she came back with the police and said that I acted inappropriately with her. Has anyone seen Locked up Abroad? Can that happen where a girl can say things and who would they believe? Anyway dodged the bullet and I wonder if there is anything meaningful to learn from this one, just I guess anything can happen here.

If I could do it over again I would just go for the sex marathon and try anything and everything that I had fantasized for months before my trip instead of cuddling and conversing. She would have done all as she was basically nice and understood the arrangement. Please no lectures of how stupid I might have been, I have been around the block. Just took a bad turn.

I look forward to seeing her when I come back in January. HA!

Perils

Folks,

There are a lot of things I did not say, deliberately not, in my post. Everything that has to do with the state of my personal relations is not for this board. I might discuss this in person with people I consider my friends, but certainly won't make it public here. For that reason, advices given here may or may not help, because the one giving them lacks a lot of background.

What I wanted - and I think have achieved - is starting a discussion, and give those who are in a similar situation as myself something to think about.

See you,

El Alemán

Redondo's point is a good one.

Aleman:

What you do not say in all of this is whether you love your woman and want to be with her. Maybe that is too personal for the board, I know that it would be for me. If you would rather be with her than alone back at home, and if that is more important than BA, I would ask myself if the situation is now totally hopeless. If not, will coming here now further damage things?

In the US, lots of divorce actions end in reconciliation. I'll buy drinks and dinner if when you come, but I think it may be a big decision to come. Unless its hopeless or (as RB implies) this was all waiting to happen.

HF

I got caught by an ex girlfriend in a very similar way.

She found a rubber in my inside jacket pocket.

I told her that I was out at the bar with the guys and there was an AIDS awareness girl handing out free rubbers in the bar and I just put it in my pocket when it was handed to me. This happens in my city actually.

I did quick thinking on my feet and got lucky.

I hope things work out the best they can for you.

Posting Limitations