Thread: The economic future of Argentina

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Well.The dollar might be at a record high,but inflation and higher prices seem to eat up most if not all of your "profit".
    Thanks Gandolf.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sean EZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sean EZ  [View Original Post]
    Looking at this chart.

http://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=ARSUSD

It's better than ever; does this translate into this is the best time ever to visit?
    Well. The dollar might be at a record high, but inflation and higher prices seem to eat up most if not all of your "profit".

Good time to visit?

Looking at this chart.

http://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=ARSUSD

It's better than ever; does this translate into this is the best time ever to visit?

I have been waiting for the sh*t to hit the fan here for the last two years.But every time I leave the house it seems there are more cars on the road,the malls are full,and there is always a line at McD's.I remember in 2001 thru 2004 things were bad,the malls were empty and there was never any traffic.You could tell there was a major problem.Not like now.I am beginning to wonder if CFK is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat here?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Mighty White of Them!

Mighty White of Them!

The article talks about the ripple effects of the Argentine economy on tourism, etc.

http://news.yahoo.com/argentine-curr...094922493.html

The Resto in Miami is allowing Argentines to pay in Pesos at the "official" exchange rate!

Gee Thanks!

TL.

Makes me want to run to Miami!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney  [View Original Post]
    Falklands again?
    Kristina is just trying another distraction from her and her late husband's failed policies. Unfortunately, it works.

Tres3
    The falklands have been an issue by every Argentine government since for ever. But this government is the one with the least possibility of doing anything about it even if they had Chave's help.

What amazes me is the way everyone (all the media included) forget to mention that twice the UK offered them to Argentina with a similar deal as they did with Hong Kong."Here, they are yours we will hand them over in 99 years"

The first time was in 1973 to the newly returned Peron but he died three days later and the British decided that his vicepresident / wife / stripper was not to be trusted with the deal.

The second times was in November 1981 to the military government. The idiots took this as proof that Britain was unable to protect the islands and decided to invade.

These facts are taken from the recently unclassified British documents on the Falklands.

Curiosities: There was never war declared between Britain and Argentina and a few years later (by a few I mean three or four) the need for visas for Argentines to visit the UK and vice versa was abolished.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aqualung For This Post:

Falklands

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney  [View Original Post]
    Falklands again?
    Kristina is just trying another distraction from her and her late husband's failed policies. Unfortunately, it works.

Tres3

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Lootings

Its now on the news. It seems very wide spread and very organized. The Gobermint is blaming Moyano and he is blaming them!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

The shit is hitting the fan!

Starting last night out here in the boondocks there has been a wave of robberies and looting. From what I have heard from friends from Pilar, Derqui, San Miguel, Moreno, Lujan, etc. People have been robbing small to medium sized kioskos, and super markets. The Carrefoure near me is now boarded up and closed. Merry Christmas all! Cristinas minions need more for Christmas then the "Plan National" allows!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Docs: Argentina's Numbers Game Dec 2012

The IMF is threatening to throw Argentina out of the Fund if it doesn't start reporting credible figures for inflation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/docarchive

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PickCherry12 For This Post:

Will Argentina Default? It Hangs On a Judge in New York City

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HappyGoLucky For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny12  [View Original Post]
    The marginal income tax rates on businesses in countries where I buy stocks are 25% or less.
    Unfortunately for you, that is completely irrelevant as I have patiently explained. But good luck anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    That is where economic tools can come in handy to smooth things out, and that is where the Reps and Libs get it wrong. We have a chance for a nice long expansion here, and yes I am putting my money where my mouth is on that. Reps, Libs, Dems, whoever is in charge, I hope they understand international economics or hire someone who does.
    The problem is that you can't smooth things out forever without paying for it and without going broke. Democrats and, to a lesser extent, Republicans keep growing government. In the short run that stimulates the economy, and perhaps it's a good idea during a recession. In the longer run it results in slower growth. I'm putting my money where my mouth is too, and it goes into equities in countries where government isn't crowding out the private sector. The USA and Argentina aren't among those.

The marginal income tax rates on businesses in countries where I buy stocks are 25% or less. In the USA it ranges from 35% to 45% on corporations, depending on the state. On unincorporated businesses, it will range from 42.5% to 55.8% after January 1, 2013, assuming Obama gets his way. Yes, there are special write offs and tax credits that will bring the effective rates in the USA down for some businesses. That's a problem though. We need tax reform to bring down rates and put all businesses on a level playing field. Tell that to Obama though. He's dead set on doing the opposite, either because he believes it will score brownie points for Democrats or because he's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    I think Reid is a bit of an outlier on this. You're still better off with Democrats when it comes to social freedoms; Republicans will always be stronger on religion and traditional family.
    I thought that was the silver lining when Obama and Congressional Democrats were elected in 2008. Boy did I turn out to be wrong. They've done nothing to improve civil liberties, and in certain areas, like enforcement of drug laws, made things worse.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny12 For This Post:

The guys who really run a lot of things in Nevada are the sheriffs and Reid is just sucking up to them. Remember, ten years ago or whatever it was, Nevada was like North Dakota is now. Any idiot could get a job. So there are too many bubbles and booms and busts in these economies that overheat and freeze up, like Nevada and North Dakota. That is where economic tools can come in handy to smooth things out, and that is where the Reps and Libs get it wrong. We have a chance for a nice long expansion here, and yes I am putting my money where my mouth is on that. Reps, Libs, Dems, whoever is in charge, I hope they understand international economics or hire someone who does. I'm bullish on America right now. Some of that is we are more innovative and the rest is a lot of countries are more stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    I think Reid is a bit of an outlier on this. You're still better off with Democrats when it comes to social freedoms; Republicans will always be stronger on religion and traditional family.
    Libertarians are better than Democrats on Social Freedoms and Libertarians are better than Republicans on pocketbook issues.

Harry Reid insn't the only Democrat with egg on his face, Former (D-NY) Governor Spitzer made the laws tougher on Johns in NY State, but was caught being a John himself.

Posting Limitations