Thread: General Questions about Living in Argentina

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Notary in Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276  [View Original Post]
    Thanks for the info.
    The US embassy will notarize things. You need to make a appointment on their website. Then they charge $50 for each stamp! If the document that pertains to your signature is more then one page, make sure to bring all the pages as they bind them all together.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276  [View Original Post]
    A question for any folks out there who are public notaries in their respective states. Can you notarize a USA doc for me while you are physically in BA ? I can provide witnesses from USA. Thanks.
    It is not legal to notarize a document outside of the state limits (the specific state for which you are a notary). If you are on a ship, you are supposed to confirm with the captain that you are within that state's water boarder.

That does not mean it does not happen or anyone would know if you kept it between you and the notary. But know you are asking them to do something outside the law.

Edit: You can get things notarize in a foreign country and it is generally accepted by US courts. Just visit one of the local notary places.
    Last edited by Vegas Vic; 06-07-15 at 20:13. Reason: Added more info.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vegas Vic For This Post:

USA Notaries

A question for any folks out there who are public notaries in their respective states. Can you notarize a USA doc for me while you are physically in BA ? I can provide witnesses from USA. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin  [View Original Post]
    On a more cynical note, image the electoral process with a teenage population on meth, paco, weed, and / or beer voting for the person who does not enforce any real law except when it is expedient to do so against the opposition parties or the media, or businesses that complain about the governmental draconian policies. For you younger guys and the older ones who have not lost all your brain cells by mongering down here, consider a re-read of "The Brave New World". It should be a must read every twenty years so you do not forget the possible. Soma by any other name is how a cynical government can manipulate a potentially hostile population by keeping them sedated. Just some food for thought. On that note-leave my weed alone- it is medicinal- right.
    And they are trying to drop the legal voting age to 16!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aqualung For This Post:

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin  [View Original Post]
    On a more cynical note, image the electoral process with a teenage population on meth, paco, weed, and / or beer voting for the person who does not enforce any real law
    My brother junkies don't vote. There is the odd exception or two but for the most part unless they change the sign from "vote here" to "free weed" one doesn't have to court the chemical set to get to 270.

On a more cynical note, image the electoral process with a teenage population on meth, paco, weed, and / or beer voting for the person who does not enforce any real law except when it is expedient to do so against the opposition parties or the media, or businesses that complain about the governmental draconian policies. For you younger guys and the older ones who have not lost all your brain cells by mongering down here, consider a re-read of "The Brave New World". It should be a must read every twenty years so you do not forget the possible. Soma by any other name is how a cynical government can manipulate a potentially hostile population by keeping them sedated. Just some food for thought. On that note-leave my weed alone- it is medicinal- right.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    Sorry bubba, by far the most popular drug in Argentina is weed. For what is known as Class A's in the UK coke is still way, way far ahead of crank here. I know you don't know me but trust me I know what I'm saying. Actually it's not even coke, it's Paco which is what's left from the process after the real coke is taken plus some turpentine and rat poison.

As far as the rest, given the corruption of everything down here I doubt cooks would need to start with sinus pills, they would just by bulk C10H15NO and jump start the process. Paying retail for something you only get a little out of doesn't make any sense except for a cottage setup.

I do agree with you that's its a psycho making substance though.
    Absolutely! The two most popular drugs here are weed and paco. Paco is an even cheaper version of crack. It's highly addictive and fucks up the brains of these kids really bad. Crystal meth is almost unknown. Pseudoephedrine is a big business here but for trafficking mostly to Mexico. Extasis is also widely used amongst middle or higher class kids.

Drug usage, especially paco and glue sniffing is one of the reasons for the excessive violence in crimes plus a heap of social, political, educational and economic issues.

Naw

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    The most popular drug in Argentina is Crystal Meth. It is cheap to make, the ingredients are easy to come by and readily available, it is very addictive, and, unfortunately it will get you crazily high. I think that the craziness caused by Crystal Meth is one source of the sharp increase in violent crime in BA. A drug crazed criminal does not care what weapon his target may have. Until the government institutes a sharp crackdown on the sale of pseudoephedrine (a popular over the counter decongestant and the main ingredient in Crystal Meth) the use, and associated violent crime, of Crystal Meth will increase.

Tres3
    Sorry bubba, by far the most popular drug in Argentina is weed. For what is known as Class A's in the UK coke is still way, way far ahead of crank here. I know you don't know me but trust me I know what I'm saying. Actually it's not even coke, it's Paco which is what's left from the process after the real coke is taken plus some turpentine and rat poison.

As far as the rest, given the corruption of everything down here I doubt cooks would need to start with sinus pills, they would just by bulk C10H15NO and jump start the process. Paying retail for something you only get a little out of doesn't make any sense except for a cottage setup.

I do agree with you that's its a psycho making substance though.

Drug Use in Argentina

The most popular drug in Argentina is Crystal Meth. It is cheap to make, the ingredients are easy to come by and readily available, it is very addictive, and, unfortunately it will get you crazily high. I think that the craziness caused by Crystal Meth is one source of the sharp increase in violent crime in BA. A drug crazed criminal does not care what weapon his target may have. Until the government institutes a sharp crackdown on the sale of pseudoephedrine (a popular over the counter decongestant and the main ingredient in Crystal Meth) the use, and associated violent crime, of Crystal Meth will increase.

Tres3

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSkywalker  [View Original Post]
    In any country, people who cause injuries, with passion or not, have to pay for it with a sentence.

If a resident was stabbed repeatedly in front of his house then violent crimes in BA has crept up.

What are the statistics compared to other large cities?
    Real statistics are really hard to come by. As the government can't deny the insecurity questions they brought out some bullshit a few weeks ago that robberies had risen but murders had gone down. If this is correct it means crap because each and every robbery is a potential murder. All it means that people are more concious of that and offer less resistance.

Compared to other cities? Probably still safer than (or should I say less dangerous) than many other places. Others have commented on different cities in Latin America such as Bogotá, Rio, Lima or Mexico City. I don't have statistics from any of them to compare to the (incomplete) statistics I have from Buenos Aires but my impression is that they are worse.

Some cities in the US are also very dangerous. I have a fluid contact with law enforcement in the US and I know the problems they have with drug and gang wars in many places. The biggest difference I see is that they are confined to killing each other rather than ordinary citizens.

Violent crime has risen in Argentina to the same degree as drug usage. Especially by an increasingly younger age group. Extreme overcrowding in jails have lead to more and more suspended sentences giving the feeling of leniency. Most crooks that end up murdering have a long list of suspended sentences.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Aqualung For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSkywalker  [View Original Post]
    In any country, people who cause injuries, with passion or not, have to pay for it with a sentence. If a resident was stabbed repeatedly in front of his house then violent crimes in BA has crept up. What are the statistics compared to other large cities?
    You are a pedophile. We are not into screwing young girls here as you have twice posted about.

Your post from 9-28-12: 'I screw of lot of cute young girls'

Your post from 10-5-12: 'The pics show many good-looking young girls'

So go fuck yourself.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6
    Everyone has his little pet phrase but life hardly ever gives you such black or white options. I've seen cases where a simple fistfight ended up with a gun toting idiot overpowered and shot dead with his own gun by someone that had no intention of killing him at first. I've also seen cases where another gun toting idiot shot and killed and innocent bystander either by accident or by mistaking him for someone else. The 27 cops killed this year in Buenos Aires all carried guns. Most of them killed off duty. Some of them I know would have just surrendered their cars and wallets and walked home and still be breathing today if they hadn't been carrying guns.

These stupid little Clint Eastwood phrases really piss me off especially when used by little men who don't have the slightest clue what it's like in real life when you are in deep shit and have and have to pull out a gun.

Crime Statistics

In any country, people who cause injuries, with passion or not, have to pay for it with a sentence.

If a resident was stabbed repeatedly in front of his house then violent crimes in BA has crept up.

What are the statistics compared to other large cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    Obviously something is not quite right with your friend's story. First, the cops don't let you go. The court does. The judge must have considered the knifing as "lesiones" (injury) and from there on there are a pile of situations that can modify this such as injuries in a fight or a crime of passion and / or a pile of other situations. Also the fact he was let out doesn't mean he was let free. It means the judge didn't consider him a risk or that he was clearly the guilty party. It takes about two or three years to go to trial for something here. Once he's tried and found guilty he will get the real sentence. In the case of simple injuries the penalty is about three years imprisonment but as any sentence under three years (if it's the first time) doesn't require real jail time he won't go behind bars.

It is all a question of whether it's your time or not. I have carried a gun or even two for the last 35 years and I am highly trained in using one. The day I was attacked it was outside my house at midday while I was getting into the car to pick up my grandson from school and I didn't even have a nail clip on me.

Posting Limitations