This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    In BA latley they kill you for a pair of sneakers or a cell phone. It does not take much. Be safe! Don't flash. Dress down.
    Bad things happen to me all the time in this city but I have got used to it and love it as the way it is.

Be safe guys. Don't take it for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    I'm not sure I agree Santiago is safer although right now maybe it is. I definitely agree the mongering is shit. So I think about other mongering DESTINATIONS in SA and you have Asuncióand, Río de Janeiro, Lima, Medellíand, Cartagena, and Quito. I don't think any of those places is safer than BA, although I have not been to Cartagena. For that matter I have not been to Río either but SO many people I know have been robbed there that I would reject out of hand any notion it is safer than BA.

Also there is safe as in not getting robbed, and then there is safe as in not getting killed. BA you might get robbed, but probably not killed. Lima they would kill you as soon as look at you and same for Medellíand.

¡Mátenlos en caliente, ése!
    In BA latley they kill you for a pair of sneakers or a cell phone. It does not take much. Be safe! Don't flash. Dress down.

OK, so here is a geography lesson: México is not in South America. The Dominican Republic is not in South America. So where in South America is safer for mongering than BA?
    Love your comments! .

Always so strict but so true!

Enjoy reading them.

I'm not sure I agree Santiago is safer although right now maybe it is. I definitely agree the mongering is shit. So I think about other mongering DESTINATIONS in SA and you have Asuncióand, Río de Janeiro, Lima, Medellíand, Cartagena, and Quito. I don't think any of those places is safer than BA, although I have not been to Cartagena. For that matter I have not been to Río either but SO many people I know have been robbed there that I would reject out of hand any notion it is safer than BA.

Also there is safe as in not getting robbed, and then there is safe as in not getting killed. BA you might get robbed, but probably not killed. Lima they would kill you as soon as look at you and same for Medellíand.

¡Mátenlos en caliente, ése!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

OK, so here is a geography lesson: México is not in South America. The Dominican Republic is not in South America. So where in South America is safer for mongering than BA?
    Santiago, Chile is probably safer, but the mongering is absolute shit.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Member #2041 For This Post:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

What places in SA do you perceive to be safer for mongering? Because I can't think of a single one. Mendoza maybe is marginally safer but I don't think anyone would go there to monger. Any place else I can think of is MORE dangerous than BA.
    Since I live in México I can tell you, virtually any place north of Guadalajara, Aguascalientes or San Luis Potosí in México, the northern part of the country is like the wild west and especially avoid the border cities like Juárez, State of Tamaulipas and just in case Monterrey. In my state a couple years ago they closed all the lap dance bars because of shootings, beheadings, blackmail, etc. So no más mongering here. No offense guys but I remember walking at night in Microcentro in BsAs in 2004-2005 and I felt like a king, even if today it is more dangerous than then believe me you ain't seen nothing yet!

México City is fine as long as you stay in tourist places not just for mongering but also for going to theathers, dining, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSkywalker  [View Original Post]
    I heard from a few bros, The Pole Dance Party is pretty boring.

Anyway someone can record the event and send some videos to Youtube to dispel the ugly rumor?

POLE DANCE PARTY this FRIDAY!

I am hosting a Pole Dancing Party at the AP House in Recoleta this Friday evening.

We've got a professional stage, pole, lighting, special effects, mirrors and sound system!

Full Nudity Warning: These parties tend to get naked and wild.

Friday Night from 10 pm to 12 midnight.

Reservations are necessary to keep things under control.

There is a $300 pesos cover charge to pay the strippers who (big surprise) will not shake their ass for free.

Because we need a room full of guys to complete the scene and motivate the strippers, I have decided to make.

Any contributions to cover the expenses entirely VOLUNTARY and I will cover the difference personally.

Please RSVP via Private Message or call me at 15-4048-2827. Thanks, Jax.

(There is a $300 pesos contribution to cover expenses.)
    This Friday will be my first one. I have read about some good ones, and I have read about a boring one as well but I think it depends on who is supplying the chicas and what he can get them to do.

This party is free and you can "pay what you think it was worth", so why not go, meet a few people and see with your own eyes."What is boring to one may not be to you."

The Pole Dance Party

I heard from a few bros, The Pole Dance Party is pretty boring.

Anyway someone can record the event and send some videos to Youtube to dispel the ugly rumor?

POLE DANCE PARTY this FRIDAY!

I am hosting a Pole Dancing Party at the AP House in Recoleta this Friday evening.

We've got a professional stage, pole, lighting, special effects, mirrors and sound system!

Full Nudity Warning: These parties tend to get naked and wild.

Friday Night from 10 pm to 12 midnight.

Reservations are necessary to keep things under control.

There is a $300 pesos cover charge to pay the strippers who (big surprise) will not shake their ass for free.

Because we need a room full of guys to complete the scene and motivate the strippers, I have decided to make.

Any contributions to cover the expenses entirely VOLUNTARY and I will cover the difference personally.

Please RSVP via Private Message or call me at 15-4048-2827. Thanks, Jax.

(There is a $300 pesos contribution to cover expenses.)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LukeSkywalker For This Post:

Venues: 8
    Crime is on the rise here, but it's always been somewhat unsafe anyway.

She got hit by motochorros, a not uncommon event here.

I saw one go down at Uruguay and Paraguay (a place some on the board know about) once, about a year ago. It's a safe part of town. An old woman was walking on the sidewalk, near the street, and two guys rode by on a motorcycle and grabbed her purse, which was on her shoulder toward the street. The force of the grab spun the woman around and knocked her to the ground, where she hit her head and cut herself real good. Blood all over the place. The motochorros didn't even slow down.

A guy I know who used to come down here was walking down Callao around Vicente Lopez and two guys came up on a motorcycle, slowed down, one jumped off and hit him in the back of the head and ripped his watch off his wrist, got back on and they sped away. That was about a year and a half ago.

Both of these took place in broad daylight on a weekday.

It is said that home invasions are up, robberies are up, but it's all "perceived." I. E, the official numbers don't show it (which doesn't mean anything. The government doesn't even try to make its lies believable here). This is all anecdotal evidence, but it's a fact the economy is faltering and people here are a bit insecure. Amongst many locals there is a feeling of impending crisis.

However, I have never been robbed in the 6 years I've lived here. All of my family members have, but I don't know too many expats who have been. Not sure why that is, except maybe the areas they frequent (aside from my wife and sister-in-law who live with me, the rest of the family is poor and don't live all that well). Although, a recent article in one of the local papers mentioned a rise in reported home invasions in Recoleta, which s very close to one of the largest slums in the city.

Personally, I don't feel BA is particularly unsafe, but I also don't go out on the street flashing my cellphone or jewelry, dressed to the nines, and walking around without paying attention to what's going around me. BA is not a bad place to visit in relation to crime, in my opinion. Certainly there are many other places worse.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Queso For This Post:

What places in SA do you perceive to be safer for mongering? Because I can't think of a single one. Mendoza maybe is marginally safer but I don't think anyone would go there to monger. Any place else I can think of is MORE dangerous than BA.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Incidentally my 23 year old cook got robbed today morning!

While I was eating my breakfast I noticed she was shedding bucket of tears in the kitchen.

So I walked to her and asked her as to what happened and the reason behind her tears.

She started crying at top of her voice and told me her story.

It seemed while she was talking on the phone on the road, two men crept up on her on a motor cycle, un-noticed by her as she was on the phone.

It seemed that they first punched her in the solar-plexus a few times, before whisking off with the phone. ( By the way, it was very cheap phone costing 100 pesos more or less)

It was quite a ghastly story, the kind which makes you cringe.

BA is clearly not for the faint hearted monger!

You need to be ready to prepare the worst if you are visiting here or living here.

Incidentally my cook is very fit girl. She tells me she does 300 squats every 3rd day. Despite the blows she received on her stomach, she still came to work and cooked my meals. A ordinary person may be lying on the road waiting to be transported home or to the hospital.

A newbie monger reading this board, may go back home unscathed but do not take your safety for granted in this city. Be forewarned. And if all you want to do is mongering in BA, their are safer choices in Sur America. Believe me!

Hope this story would be of some kind of guidance to the newbie mongers.

Cheers.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

Dress like a criminal

As a former criminal I can tell you low hanging fruit is the key. Appear to be too much trouble for value and few will chose to invest energy for meager return. I've never (knock on wood) been robber, accosted, molested (Jessica and Romina excepted) or other here but I pretty much always look like a bum unless I'm going some place.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Guy  [View Original Post]
    I've heard a lot about the level of crime in Buenos Aires. When I was in Argentina over the summer, I didn't get robbed. I felt safe most of the time, but perhaps I was just lucky and naive?

I'm worried about getting robbed on the street / in a private apartment on my next trip to BsAs. How likely am I to meet one of these fates? What can you do to reduce your risk of something like that happening? Or is it just random?
    I lived there for a total of six and a half years and I walked around drunk and fucked up a lot, and I never got robbed. I SAW several robberies, though. Also one time two guys started to chase me and I'm pretty sure they meant to rob me but I outran them. And a guy tried to pull my backpack out of my arm while I was sitting in Retiro, but also failed. I have heard of two privado robberies but they did not rob the customers.

I think you must be from Skokie or someplace like that and not Chicago. The dangerous areas in Buenos Aires are outside the centro. It is kind of the opposite of Chicago in that regard.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

How safe is Buenos Aires?

I've heard a lot about the level of crime in Buenos Aires. When I was in Argentina over the summer, I didn't get robbed. I felt safe most of the time, but perhaps I was just lucky and naive?

I'm worried about getting robbed on the street / in a private apartment on my next trip to BsAs. How likely am I to meet one of these fates? What can you do to reduce your risk of something like that happening? Or is it just random?

Posting Limitations