Thread: General Questions about Living in Argentina

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Sunday shopping

Was happily surprised to see Galeria Pacifico and other malls open last Sunday. Not sure when that shifted to US norms but couple years ago they mostly used to be closed Sundays.

Least I can now get shopping done on otherwise slow Sundays

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mpexy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Hell! If you have a electric or gas dryer here your living in the lap of lujo! I can't even find one out where I live. But to answer your question I have seen them in Jumbo. But with all the restrictions from the "Tres Chifilados" they might not be available now.
    Thank G50, there is a washer and dryer in the apartment building that I live in. 5 pesos per wash and 5 per dry. Hardest part is getting enough 1 pesos or 25 centavo coins as that is all the machines will accept.

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    Ok, is there anything for the dryer like anti-static sheets? I've looked in Disco and now Carrefour since arriving and haven't seen a thing. In Rio everything was hungup to dry.
    Hell! If you have a electric or gas dryer here your living in the lap of lujo! I can't even find one out where I live. But to answer your question I have seen them in Jumbo. But with all the restrictions from the "Tres Chifilados" they might not be available now.

Doing Laundry

Ok, is there anything for the dryer like anti-static sheets? I've looked in Disco and now Carrefour since arriving and haven't seen a thing. In Rio everything was hungup to dry.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Come on Guys,

It took me about 3 seconds to find this using the Forum's Search function to search for the word "Christmas".

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...ead.php?t=5199

Thanks,

Jackson

Venues: 8
    Many of the foreign workers will go home to see family over the holidays. Leave something like the middle of December and return the middle of January or later, depending on their situation.

On the actual night of Christmas (even Christmas Eve, if I remember) things will be pretty much shut down with the exception of eating places, where it seems like 1/2 the people in the city go to have dinner.

You are generally getting into the time of summer vacations. Many Argentinos will go find a house in the country somewhere for a month to three months, take off from work or commute in if they aren't too far and need to work some.

Times are slow at this point for working girls, except for the foreigners coming in. I think there will be fewer available, but there also won't be as many locals either.

So you might find it slower, but I doubt dead.

Christmas in Buenos Aires - to stay or go?

Although I've been here several times, I have never actually spent Christmas and New Year here. So I am wondering whether to stay here or plan to go somewhere else for the Christmas period. What's the chica scene like then? Do privados stay open? Do the triangle clubs operate as normal or does everything die? Does night life continue as normal?

Any advice?

Lysander

Best Condoms

What US condoms are the best, most sensitive for the man? I used AR ones last time I was down south, felt like a Michelin.

haha

We are all impatiently waiting.

:|

Regards,

BM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Queso
    I eyed that pool all day today while I was working - soon! Soon!

Thanks for the weather update.

If you're serous about learning some Spanish, I'd recommend you keep them separate. If you're thinking about fucking her during the language lesson, you'd be wasting the lesson. I had to change my teacher once, I couldn't concentrate.

Latuna,

Anina on Platynum speaks excellent English and is pretty much up for anything as long as you are paying. She'll show you around, take you shopping etc. Also.

I have found

Quote Originally Posted by Latuna
    Is there such a thing as a cute Spanish language teacher with benefits? I'll be in town for two weeks and need some good lessons. Really. If no one knows of one, someone might suggest it to one of their madam friends as a new twist. Good idea or not, what do you think?
    Several excellent instructors for Russian, French and Greek in Bs As, although 90% of them only speak Spanish.

Check the forum for member recommendations of English speaking chicas. They will be happy to try to speak Spanish with you. However, if you are looking for formal training, you may want to look at the threads on local instruction.

Spanish Lessons with Happy Endings

Is there such a thing as a cute Spanish language teacher with benefits? I'll be in town for two weeks and need some good lessons. Really. If no one knows of one, someone might suggest it to one of their madam friends as a new twist.

Good idea or not, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Judd
    Hola Dudes,

The weather services online seem fairly general with lows in the 40's and highs in the mid 70's. Is that about right?

Thanks,

Judd
    The weather in BA is worse than the poverty, crime or inflation!

Picture Houston, Texas in July without A / C!

Too hot to fuck!

Almost!

At least the Chicas do NOT wear clothing on the streets!

TL

Posting Limitations