Thread: General Questions about Living in Argentina

+ Submit Report
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    I heard Bush went to go see it but he couldn't tell the ash from the hole in the ground.

Retired Member

What are you hearing about the volcano in Buenos Aires?

Exon

Adrogué is relatively near Quilmes but it's about twice or three times as far to La Plata as it is to Buenos Aires. Not nearly as easy to get to as Quilmes from town as it's far from the highway. The train is dangerous any time of day and buses are dangerous at night. A cab would cost about 60 pesos and take about 40" to an hour depending on traffic.

It has a very nice residential area. Fine for a family with work and schools in the area.

Like all of Greater Buenos Aires (not only the South) it's not recommendable for foreigners alone wanting to play unless you know your way around and have a good command of the language.

El Bosque is quite a good discotheque and there are a few clubs for mongering in the vicinity much cheaper than in Buenos Aires but I wouldn't recommend them if you don't speak Spanish and don't wish to get into fistfights with the local versions of rednecks.

Quote Originally Posted by Master J
    I recently heard about a barrio called Adroque, which about 23 KM from downtown, I believe in the area or province of Almrante Brown. The images of the place look very nice, cobbled street, etc. Was wondering if anyone there had any information about what this area would be like ie safety, living, etc. Much thanks in advance.
    It's near Quilmes and La Plata.

Like everywhere in the south it depends a lot where you live, so it's hard to say about safety.

La Plata is close, BA not to far but you probally won't travel every night. If you have enough about going out 2,3 times a week, it could be your place.

I heard there is a nice disco in Quilmes, Bosque, that is nice on Sunday but I never go to the south for the night life because it's different and more dangerous then in Capital, especially for a foreigner

Location request

I recently heard about a barrio called Adroque, which about 23 KM from downtown, I believe in the area or province of Almrante Brown. The images of the place look very nice, cobbled street, etc. Was wondering if anyone there had any information about what this area would be like ie safety, living, etc. Much thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman 31
    I would like to see a break down of a retirees monthly cost to live in BA.
    1500-2000 dollar gets you a decent life.

Monthly Cost

I would like to see a break down of a retirees monthly cost to live in BA.

Any suggestions regarding moving to BA

To all memebers, can you please let me know if it is very complicted to live in BA for an American. I have been there numerous times on business and loved the lifestyle but am interested in knowing what is it like to be living there from a first hand perspective.

I have beeen living in Quito Ecuador for 4 years but because of the current economical and political situation here I have decided to move to another country, BA is my 1st choice.

Any suggestions as to possibility of getting a decent job there?

How much should I consider enough to be able to live decently, luxury not necessary?

I have read the postings regarding getting visas and need to know, can I decide to proceed with the processing of the visa if I spend the 1st 3 months getting to know the lay of the land before deciding.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all

Administrator

Venues: 398

General Questions about Living in Argentina

Thread Starter.

Posting Limitations