Thread: Looking for Apartment to Rent

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Agree with DR

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    This is the best idea in my opinion for first time dates. Why take somebody you don't know into your house?
    If you have anything valuable that will not fit in the safe (some short term rental apartments do not have safes), it is subject to being stolen by a "visiting" chica, or her accomplices. I prefer to go to their place. That way they do not know where you are staying, and do not have an opportunity to take a mental inventory of what you might have. I always travel with a laptop computer and a smartphone, among other things. I would hate to have either stolen for a piece of pussy.

Tres3.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Best idea

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    Another option are the love motels for about $25 for two hours, see my last travel report.
    This is the best idea in my opinion for first time dates. Why take somebody you don't know into your house?

Quote Originally Posted by TomJackin  [View Original Post]
    Are those apartments girl friendly?

3.5 years ago, I stayed in Jackson's apartment, the one with the dance pole on the second floor. I want to come out in June, sent some PMs, but no response.

Besides those, does Jackson have other apartments as well?

I've stay with Airbnb in Lima (3 times), Quito, and Barcelona with no problems.

A little help here please?
    I don't think "girl friendly" is even on the radar of the apartment rental agencies. I think it mainly depends on the portero. If there is no portero you are good - but still be discrete so not to get the attention of neighbors. If there is a portero, just hope he is OK with you bringing back (multiple) chicas. I always make friendly with the portero at the beginning, even find an excuse to tip him maybe. I have never had a problem. Although the last one was an AirBNB and I was a little hesitant to bring back multiple chicas, because you walk right past the portero and I was told I'd have to sign every guest in, and I didn't want the AirBNB host getting wind of it and putting it in my AirBNB review. So in the end I only took back one chica, and I didn't even have to sign her in after all. My other apartments were with BA Habitat and I had no problem there either (no chica sign-in). You can PM me for details if you want. Another option are the love motels for about $25 for two hours, see my last travel report.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Esten For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EasyGo  [View Original Post]

These days I almost always rent from http://www.apartmentsinba.com in BA. Mike has good prices and is easy to work with. They don't have a lot of units so it works best when you have are planning at least a few months in advance.
    Are those apartments girl friendly?

3.5 years ago, I stayed in Jackson's apartment, the one with the dance pole on the second floor. I want to come out in June, sent some PMs, but no response.

Besides those, does Jackson have other apartments as well?

I've stay with Airbnb in Lima (3 times), Quito, and Barcelona with no problems.

A little help here please?

Quote Originally Posted by CharmCityDav  [View Original Post]
    Gonna be in BA mid November for 12 nights. Think I'll try airbnb. Any suggestions for neighborhood would be appreciated. Once I get closer to my trip, will check back in for Chica referrals. I'm new to this forum but am a senior member on ISG and have contributed a lot. I've RTFF here, but not a lot and seems things change a lot. Thanks!
    In addition to what Dickhead said below...

I have always stayed in Reoletta (30+ visits to Bs As). Recoletta isn't as trendy as either Palermo or San Telmo. I have spent lots of time at restos and bars in both of those neighborhoods but, retreat back to Recoletta as bedtime approaches. Recoletta (from the cemetery to the Four Seasons, over to Plaza V. Lopez y Planes) is sort of the Beacon Hill, Society Hill, Georgetown of Bs As. I have walked "home" in the neighborhood well past my bedtime (like an hour before sunrise) and have never had a security issue (so, actually, safer than Georgetown, where I used to live). I'm fairly experienced at navigating cities in "emerging economies" but, Bs As is easier than Chicago or Detroit. I have walked from Palermo to San Telmo (during the day) and all those neighborhoods were fine. Palermo Viejo (pronounced "pa-lair-mo bee-ay-ho") is packed full of restos and bars. I definitely think that foot traffic on the streets, late at night, will be heavier in PV than ST. ST is definitely more cutting edge (used to spend a lot of time there working during the daylight hours).

Don't be shy about meeting up with AP'ers who live in Bs As (it took me a long time to do this, I wish I hadn't waited so long). They know the city, the p*ssy and everything else you need to know. They may look like the patrons of the Star Wars bar (that is intended as a light hearted jibe to you guys) but, I haven't met one that I didn't like and who wasn't warm and friendly to me (and I am a prickly SOB). If there is an event at the AP House, while you are in town, you'd be a fool not to attend.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...-BA-July-24-26

Quote Originally Posted by Serape  [View Original Post]
    Does anyone know anything about Mundinix?? Any first hand experiences??

A few of the girls are quite attractive .. Especially the ones with the bartender.

Saludos.

Apartment Rentals

I have used Reynolds Propertys for years with great success. Ask for Alec.

Gonna be in BA mid November for 12 nights. Think I'll try airbnb. Any suggestions for neighborhood would be appreciated. Once I get closer to my trip, will check back in for Chica referrals. I'm new to this forum but am a senior member on ISG and have contributed a lot. I've RTFF here, but not a lot and seems things change a lot. Thanks!
    My recommendation would be Palermo or San Telmo, as far as neighborhoods go. Palermo is sub-divided into Alto Palermo, Palermo Viejo, Palermo Chico, etc. But Palermo Viejo is the real Buenos Aires. San Telmo neighborhood is a bit funkier, a bit more dangerous quite frankly, but younger and hipper. Belgrano is not bad but is a bit far out.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

I've used airbnd in BA, you can find a 1 br apartment in centro area ranging from 30-60 $us a day.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sapblows For This Post:

Best neighborhood to airbnb?

I have a TEFL certificate and can assure you that you will not make enough money to live alone in Capital Federal. And, you'll spend half your day on the bus, train, or subway.

Looking for appartement to rent

Hello, I have come to Buenos Aires to do TEFL course and then look for a job in teaching porteňos some English with hope of making enough money to support myself and my life here. I am former University student so I am trying to save as much money as possible and therefore cannot live luxuriosly for now. I am looking for a flat/studio flat to rent for some time and I am planning to stay here if I can afford it. I would like my own flat but I can rent it with one/two other people if really necessary. I would love to have balcony in the flat or even better, access to roof terrace. Does anybody have/know someone who has flat available for rent, or knows best place where to look for rent appartements? I am of course currently looking through craigslist/airbnb and all kinds of stuff, just wondering if you guys can help me out too. My current rent is ending by August 20th.

Muchas Gracias.

Does anyone know anything about Mundinix?? Any first hand experiences??

A few of the girls are quite attractive .. Especially the ones with the bartender.

Saludos.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlsandrental  [View Original Post]
    Hi I let you know about Mundinix web site witch offers great lux apartments with girls optimal service. You can visit Mundinix Web Site to know about all the night life, see the different apartments and also the girls. Hope it would be helpful!

MundiNix Rentals

Hi I let you know about Mundinix web site witch offers great lux apartments with girls optimal service. You can visit Mundinix Web Site to know about all the night life, see the different apartments and also the girls. Hope it would be helpful!

I've used AirBNB a half dozen times or so in Europe and once in Buenos Aires. Great values to be had in Europe compared to hotels but the rental apartment market is so big in BA that, while I was happy with my rental in BA, it wasn't a bargain. Maybe 15-20% more than a regular agency after all the fees but was easier and I felt more confident that I was getting what I expected. The AirBNB selection was much thinner (mostly studios) than agencies like Reynolds or bytargentina (both of which I've used w / o any big issues).

These days I almost always rent from http://www.apartmentsinba.com in BA. Mike has good prices and is easy to work with. They don't have a lot of units so it works best when you have are planning at least a few months in advance.

Posting Limitations