Thread: Looking for Apartment to Rent

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Apartment rentals

Over the last 3-4 years I have used AIRBNB at least ten times always renting an apartment not a room. Never had a problem and I always got my deposit back.

For Riina and Airbnb

I have experience with Airbnb. Outside of Argentina and have communicated with owners of units inside Argentina. I am going to use Airbnb for my coming move. In my opinion (and I could care less about the opinions of others here), using Airbnb helps avoid contract obligations and helps avoid some misunderstandings that might occur when renting from a distance.

The number of listings on Airbnb in Cordoba is incredible. Perhaps out of proportion to those listed in BA. As the economy of Argentina has inflated and the value of the currency has deteriated, people have been starved for a safe place to park assets. One major place to park cash and seemingly protect the value of savings is to buy Condos. In Argentinian real estate listingsyou can sometimes find actual listings of brand new condos and apartments listed separately. I believe this is causing a wonderful supply of rentals for those of us interested in renting (me for sure). I have found listings that can be had at a 40% discount to listed price in Cordoba. I cannot swear it is the same in BA but tend to think the same forces are in play.

Hi guys,

Anybody have a comment on Airbnb in BA? Someone just posted an article on the peso and it mentioned a dramatic rise in listings in the past year. Seems it could be a real bargain compared to hotels and agencies.

Gandolf, the guy is a troll. Just ignore him or give him sarcastic responses. I tell him to use Google and he acts like it is a legit response. He offers nothing here, I wonder if he smokes a cigar?

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMorgan  [View Original Post]
    I have decided to submit anything I post on ISG to Gandolf before posting it here. He seems to have a lot of free timeand commenting here will not be a burden on him. Obviously he has to do something to fill his time in what must be a rather forlorn life.
    LOL! You must realize that most if not all of us are in the City of Buenos Aires or close to it. Most of us don't go to Cordoba as it is not a major tourist attraction. I pass through there on the way to a house I have in Casa Grande which is sort of like Bumfuck Idaho. Nothing there. But I like it. Reminds me of when I lived in Colorado. The truth is most Argentines when renting to a foreigner will try to rip you off in one way or another. I have found (as well as many others here) that it is cheaper, easier and faster to look on Google or Blidoo or one of the other search engines and to find a rental where you deal direct with the owners. Cordoba is a little better then Buenos Aires as far as I have seen in that they are not too blatant in their attempts to rip you off. Plus the people speak a "better" Spanish then in Buenos Aires. For me, they are easier to understand. Now if you don't care how much you spend and don't mind putting up a years security deposit (which you most likely won't see again) there are rentals from every real estate agent around, not to mention Craigs list etc. I apologise for trying to help you. Good luck in your search!

Gandolf and apartments

I have decided to submit anything I post on ISG to Gandolf before posting it here. He seems to have a lot of free timeand commenting here will not be a burden on him. Obviously he has to do something to fill his time in what must be a rather forlorn life.

With Google you will find owners, much cheaper and less hassle. Renting from a "real estate" office will cost much more and lots of problems. If you don't like what we are telling you don't keep asking the same question!

From Google

I didn't mean something like Google. I meant if anyone knew of a broker owner, something just a bit less common than found on a search vehicle. Maybe higher end.
    Higher end.

http://www.luxurycordoba.com/

Looking for apartment

I didn't mean something like Google. I meant if anyone knew of a broker owner, something just a bit less common than found on a search vehicle. Maybe higher end.

Are there any sources for apartments or condos in Cordoba (or maybe Mendoza) that are 'user friendly'. Or does anyone here own such rentals. I am looking for two bedroom furnished up to $900 USA Thanks. User friendly means easy terms and deposits.
    Yes - google.com.

Looking for Cordoba apartment

Are there any sources for apartments or condos in Cordoba (or maybe Mendoza) that are 'user friendly'. Or does anyone here own such rentals. I am looking for two bedroom furnished up to $900 USA Thanks. User friendly means easy terms and deposits.

Reynolds

I have used Reynolds several times oer the years and never had a problem.

Rental

Dear Jackson.

Me and a friend (two people are coming to BA on the 16th till 25th, and will be interested in renting one of your apartments. Please advise how to contact you or go to your apartment page directly.

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Hi WW,

The owner of BARTS a few months ago absconded with a member's reservation deposit and disappeared off the map, and thus he is no longer permitted to promote his rental apartments on AP.

The owner of rentingBA a few months ago advised me that he is no longer interested in renting to AP members and requested that I remove all posts related to his apartments from the website. As he advised me, he did not believe that his apartments or his customer service practices were being fairly reviewed by the forum members.

Thanks,

Jackson

For me these are the best wbsites to rent flats in BA.

4rentargentina/www.4rentargentina.com

BYT/www.bytargentina.com

Buenos Aires Travel Rent/www.buenosairestravelrent.com

Best areas: Palermo and Recoleta.

I would not recommend to stay out of these neighborhoods. You will find all the action in these areas, quite safe and close to main attractions in the city.

Re: Apartment from jan 3. Jan 9

Hi guys,

Anyone know of an apartment in the Recoleta area from Jan 3. Jan 9? Trying to extend my holiday here.

Thanks!

Luv Ass

Posting Limitations