Thread: Looking for Apartment to Rent

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Re" apartment needed dec 31. Jan 6

Does anyone know of an apartment to rent Dec 31. Jan 6 in the Recoleta / Palermo area? I know its last minute but any help would be appreciated.

I have used Reynolds

No prob with them. Complete pros.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gmx888  [View Original Post]
    Hello.

After reading some of these apt threads, I figure it'd be easier to get the input from the experienced here.

This is my 1st time in BA, I am travelling alone; though friends from Chile will be meeting up with me. It seems Recoleta and Palermo is where I'd want to stay. I'd like an apt of good value in the middle to upper mid-range range. I am looking at $350-$450+ish a week if that's realistic.

Important to me:

1. Good value. Reasonably priced.

2. Location. Close to restaurants, bars, cafes, civilian eye candy.

3. Reputation. I hate getting ripped off; I'd like to deal with reputable people.

I just booked my flight 2-days ago so I hope this isn't cutting it too close. Some research shows me that http://www.apartmentsinba.com And Reynolds might be a good place to start. Tim Ferriss (The 4-Hour Workweek) recommended http://www.ba4uapartments.com.ar/ As his favorite outfit, even though they are gay-friendly.

The 17th is coming up soon, and I need a cool apartment! Any advice or feedback provided would be appreciated. Thank you!
    In summer time you can find good deals (January February) since many two year lease renters go to vacations. Some might just try to refund the cost of the monthly rental. I was offred a 400 USD / month deal in Recoleta for those two month today (two rooms apartment).

Question Looking for 1-BR|studio apt in Recoleta / SE Palermo Nov 17 for 4 weeks

Hello.

After reading some of these apt threads, I figure it'd be easier to get the input from the experienced here.

This is my 1st time in BA, I am travelling alone; though friends from Chile will be meeting up with me. It seems Recoleta and Palermo is where I'd want to stay. I'd like an apt of good value in the middle to upper mid-range range. I am looking at $350-$450+ish a week if that's realistic.

Important to me:

1. Good value. Reasonably priced.

2. Location. Close to restaurants, bars, cafes, civilian eye candy.

3. Reputation. I hate getting ripped off; I'd like to deal with reputable people.

I just booked my flight 2-days ago so I hope this isn't cutting it too close. Some research shows me that http://www.apartmentsinba.com And Reynolds might be a good place to start. Tim Ferriss (The 4-Hour Workweek) recommended http://www.ba4uapartments.com.ar/ As his favorite outfit, even though they are gay-friendly.

The 17th is coming up soon, and I need a cool apartment! Any advice or feedback provided would be appreciated. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lothario  [View Original Post]
    BUMP. Any help with this please?
    I don't know a thing about the agency. I lived in San Telmo for years and liked it. A little off the beaten path but not that far. PM me if you have some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothario  [View Original Post]
    Anybody have any experience in renting apartments from these guys, or have heard anything about them?

Http: /www. Casasantelmo. Com. Ar

Looking for a pad for a week stay.

Is san telmo a good choice of location?
    BUMP. Any help with this please?

Casasantelmo

Anybody have any experience in renting apartments from these guys, or have heard anything about them?

Http: /www. Casasantelmo. Com. Ar

Looking for a pad for a week stay.

Is san telmo a good choice of location?

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    not as easy to find a decent apartment for $500 as it used to be. With time and effort you will probably be able to. Note that with ac as "optional" it gets really hot and humid here in January and February.
    tell me about it!

A few years back I had a small place, monthly rent was app. What most people I met were paying for 2 nights in a hotel. Not bad if you could live without ac and tv. The sun hit the back wall at about 11 till 4, time to be elsewhere. I grew up in NYC back before ac became affordable and reliable, so I knew a few ways to deal with it. Matinees at the cinema were just a few pesos. Unfortunately not many movies I was willing to sit through, so I ended up seeing "master and commander" quite a few times; I liked that parts of the movie were supposed to be taking place right off the coast.

BTW, I found this place by walking around neighborhoods I liked and reading the cards in the realtors' windows. Time consuming yes, but it was great for learning my way around. I returned two years later and suddenly there was a wealth of online apt. Rental places.

I'm going to be in ba for a few days in nov, and will do the pavement pounding thing again, hoping to find something for my long stay beginning in jan.

A word of caution to those Perusing the rental sites: see the place up close and personal before making any agreement.

Bring ice cubes

Quote Originally Posted by desmond the  [View Original Post]
    I'm looking for a small apartment, starting in January, maybe even extending through March/April. I'd prefer west of callao and north of cordoba (or maybe corrientes). Relatively quiet area, and of course safe. Must have a kitchen. Ac may be optional. Must have a net connection: if there is none presently maybe we could work on setting that up.

Trying to keep the rent to us$500/month or less.

I'll intend to start enquiring with the rental services in December, but figured I'd p. S. Here first in case someone knows of a sublet opening up during the vacation season. Would consider a housesitting/pet-sitting situation (if such things exist in Argentina!

Thanks
    Not as easy to find a decent apartment for $500 as it used to be. With time and effort you will probably be able to. Note that with ac as "optional" it gets really hot and humid here in January and February.

Looking for 1 br or studio apt, Jan-Feb

I'm looking for a small apartment, starting in January, maybe even extending through March/April. I'd prefer west of callao and north of cordoba (or maybe corrientes). Relatively quiet area, and of course safe. Must have a kitchen. Ac may be optional. Must have a net connection: if there is none presently maybe we could work on setting that up.

Trying to keep the rent to us$500/month or less.

I'll intend to start enquiring with the rental services in December, but figured I'd post here first in case someone knows of a sublet opening up during the vacation season. Would consider a housesitting/pet-sitting situation (if such things exist in Argentina!

Thanks

Large 2 bedroom or 3 Bedroom townhome or apt. In or near Recoletta area - cost?

Hi all,

Any idea how much it would be to rent long-term a large 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom townhome or apt in or near Recolleta, per month?

More options

Google:

Reynolds imobileria this is owned by a candadian / argentine couple. Good customer service and a nice selection of apartments for less than $100 per day /$600 per week.

Bytargentinia-argentine owner, large and been around for many years. They have a section on their search for luxury apartments. You should find an outstanding apartment for less than us$550 to $600 per week. I have rented from them many times. Their upper end apartments are great. There have been reported problems generally with the lower end and owners not, byt.

The isla is the most elegant part of recoleta with the highest prices. Gorgeous, safe and the best location. A french balcony is a small balcony-sometimes in the USA it is referred to as a romeo and juliet balcony. The other location you mentioned is also excellent.

The market has dropped in price over the last few years. I was acustomed to paying $500 to 600 per week for a nice 1 bedroom 50 to 60 meters in a good part of recoletta. The last year I have rented at $400 and $375 per week without any problems nor complaints-but lacking a 24 hour doorman[which I don't really need, but it is nice]the changes in the market have negatively effected all but the strongest and most motivated players.

I know nothing about this habitat place-good nor bad. Either way, best of luck and enjoy ba. Feel free to pm me for more specific info.

Different listings for the same apartments?

I found that some of the same apartments I saw on "Recoletapartments.com" are listed through Craiglist under "Buenos Aires Habitat" website (or Agency? They give there phone numbers, etc. Looks very legitimate. But they were not mentioned in the "Recoletapartments.com" website. Have anybody dealt with "Habitat"? They have many very attractive listings, and the presentation is most professional. Is this normal, generally, to see the same apartment lited in different agencies (I assume they are different, because "Habitat" was not mentioned in the first one) Is this potentially a sign of deception?

I see A LOT of listings in Craiglist, in Recoleta alone.

Jax

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Hi WW,

The owner of BARTS a few months ago absconded with a member's reservation deposit and disappeared off the map, and thus he is no longer permitted to promote his rental apartments on AP.

The owner of rentingBA a few months ago advised me that he is no longer interested in renting to AP members and requested that I remove all posts related to his apartments from the website. As he advised me, he did not believe that his apartments or his customer service practices were being fairly reviewed by the forum members.

Thanks,

Jackson
    I should follow my own advice and RTFF. I do recall some posts about the deposit issue but did not see a resolution. As for rentingBA, I do recall some posting to the effect that AP members are lowlife scum with whom he doesn't want to do business. While it may true about me, most of the guys here are good dudes.
    Last edited by Wild Walleye; 07-16-10 at 23:59. Reason: syntax

More about apartment offers

Thank you for your reply, Jackson. Sorry to bore you with all these details, but since we are alreasy discussing it.:

Actually, I looked a bit more closely, and the apartments I like are from US$106/ day to US$128/ day if rented for 15 days (I will rent for 18, so I assume this will be my daily rate) So, it is just a bit more than what I said initially.

I see specifically two nice apartments in "www. Recoletapartments. Com":

1) One (#266) with what seems to be a very-very nice open view of Plaza del Lector (in La Isla part of Recoleta) with what they call a "French" balcony (I do not know what that "French" means) But you may be correct about maid's room: while the master bedroom has a king-size bed, the second bedroom has 2 twin beds (but not one, so it can not be too small) Photos taken in the apartment look nice. It has only one bath -- a negative thing, of course.

2) Another, # 10, is one block from Alvear, 1/2 block from Quintana Ave, 4 blocks from the Cemetery (this is nice location, no? Large balcony, nice view of an old classical-style building across the street, 1 full bathroom plus one toilet (better) and the second bedroom has "two twin-size beds or a king-size bed". This last statement is puzzling to me. I can only assume they imply that two twin-size beds can be pushed together? Again, photos are reasonably nice. And again, probably you are correct about maid's room. I do not know for sure. This one is actually $106/ day, cheaper than the first one.

Anyway, what do you think? Should I hold till I come there and look at actual apartments while in BA, or go ahead and reserve?

Again, sorry to involve you in all these details right here in the Forum (I actually have sent you a private message before I saw your reply to my post, with some other aspects which I do not mention here)

And if I reserve, is it safe to deal with this website (Company) what do you think?

Thanks!

Posting Limitations