Thread: Looking for Apartment to Rent

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Anyone have experience with Baires Apt.

Does anyone have any experience with the (GUC) apartment in Recoltea on J. M. Gutierrez Between Lapida & Aguero?

I have been told it's very nice.

Are the Baires people decent to deal with?

Beezer

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Greetings everyone,

I moved Bizzie's question about Recoleta vs Palermo to a new thread.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...ead.php?t=5302

Bizzie, the next time you want to start a new subject, first use the forum's search function to look for an existing thread on your proposed subject, and if not, then start a new thread.

Whatever you do, please don't change the subject of an existing thread.

Thanks,

Jackson

I must concur with my adolescent colleague rock farters.

This is true.

BM
    Quote Originally Posted by rock farters
    So if Jackson or Badbreath were renting this apartment for me, they would have to rent it for $1900 USD per month just to BREAK EVEN.

Syd Is Talking About A 50 Meter 1/1

ROCK--Sid has a point. Sid has lots of time to search out bargins. I have rented from Jackson and Bad. Possiblly for a 3 month rental they are not a bargin if you are walking in Sid's shoes. For Bob that are generally ok, especially if they run a promotion.

I have been in 3 of Jackson's 4 apartments. Top buildings--at least one full level above Rock's apartment in terms of finish, elegance and location. On a per meter price, for 50 meters--a typical 1/1-- your break even is under us$500 per month; therefore, us$750 per month would not be a crazy price to rent in your building for a 50 meter 1 bedroom/1 bath.

Bart's Castex apart looks like a dump compared to Jackson's and everyone one of Bad's apartments I've seen. Rock's place is like a palace compared to the fotos of Barts castex. Bart's also has beautiful apartments that are on the very top end of the market.

My sense of the market is that time, experience and your needs play a major role in the pricing. Sid has the time to look; doesn't care about the design of the lobby nor if the appartment is in the most elegant part of Recoleta with the highest prices.

I tend to rent for 1 to 2 weeks maybe 3 to 5 times per year. I don't want to be by Abasto--the only place that I have been robbed on the street in about 30+ trips to BA. When Jackson or Bad have a special, I am very happy with their pricing. If I lived in BA and was looking to rent for 3 months and had lot's of time to look, I'm sure I could do better in a less elegant neighborhood.

Reynolds has a very large range of pricing and is reliable. ByT has many apartments in the range that Sid is discussing--I personally might be a little worried to rent a bargin for 3 months with out seeing it first, especially with ByT. There are ads in Clarin that offer cheaper rentals, but you have to do your own investigation--sid can do that. This is not Jackson, Bad's nor Bart's market.

Congradualations Sid--you have found bargins. I can't look for the same type of bargins because I don't have time in BA to go bargin shopping. You stopped dealing with Mike Koh because you out grew him. I guess that you have outgrown some other agencies that are geared more to client's like me.

Sid--I'll be in BA for two weeks the end of April or the beginning of may, 2009:

Can you find me an apartment like yours for US$500 for two weeks?--I'll wire you a deposit today and pay you a commission. On top of the us$500. After you tell me to forget it, I'll see if Jackson, Bad or Barts has any specials becuase I trust them more than to go bargin hunting for a two week stay. If your landlord has any availability for my type of busniess, I'm ready to try your approach--if and only if --someone local will check out the apartment or sid I'll gladly accept your word if you know the place and the landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    3. MCSE / Barts. He gave the assignment to a chica. She demanded that I book before inspection! She would not relent! I appealed to MCSE. He agreed with me. But another 6-8 days have passed and she has shown me nothing or emailed, but she promised to show!
    Hi Sidney: You requested a visit to this apartment http://www.barts.com.ar/barts/lodgin...artment=castex which in fact monthly rental is USD 469 per month. BARTS rented the apartment for 6 months starting march 1st, but was available for your requested span of time. My staff clarified the apartment's bed (your main concern may be not as confortable as you wanted, which was your reason for visit the unit) so I was informed you were no longer interested in that particular apartment.

Mongers,

Just as a frame of reference, I will list my monthly expenses here or my roughly 200 square meter apartment located in Recoleta.

Building Expenses: $750 AR.

Directv: $215 AR.

Electricity: $250 AR.

LandLine: $100 AR.

Gas: $25 AR.

Internet: $120 AR.

Maid: $500 AR.

Vonage: $50 AR.

Water: $40 AR.

ABL: $130 AR.

So all that totals to about $2180 AR, or about $623 USD at the current exchange rate. Keep in mind this is for a premium apartment on a 2 year lease denominated in PESOS, with guarantor. Add on the rent, which next month will rise from $3700 AR to $4400 AR as per the 20% inflation clause for the second year of the contract. So the grand total for this apartment is $6580 AR per month, or $1880 USD at today's rate. So if Jackson or Badbreath were renting this apartment for me, they would have to rent it for $1900 USD per month just to BREAK EVEN.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kolos
    Yes, good you said apartmentS, probalby 750 USD / month for 10 of them?
    Hi Kolos,

$75 USD per month to pay for all of the expenses for a single rental apartment?

If you're fucking with me, stop now.

Jackson

The reality is.

Monthly Direct TV and internet bill combined are about $ 100 USD. Add in building expenses, cleaning costs, ABL taxes, doorman tip, phone bill, recently increased electric bill etc and you will quickly find yourself in the > $ 500 USD a month range. If you add in apartment maintenance and repair costs, you will quickly surpass that figure.

Regards,

BM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolos

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Cbecause my apartments cost me approximately $750 USD per month each just to pay the building expenses, the utilities, the cable TV and Internet service, the biweekly cleaning and laundry, and the portero's monthly tip.

Not bad

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276
    One room apartment in Villa 31 (the slum by Retiro trains along the river) article last week in Clarin: local self appointed landlords rent them out for 500 pesos monthly.
    Trenta uno would be a step up for me, I'm not sure I could deal with the opulance.

One room apartment in Villa 31 (the slum by Retiro trains along the river) article last week in Clarin: local self appointed landlords rent them out for 500 pesos monthly.

Daddy gets the mongie for cheap apartments

Reflect on this: If you multiply $25 X 30 days, it is = $750 per month (I pay $750 per month with Direct TV (Bloomberg, Fox) TV mounted high on the wall, DVD, King Bed, Wi-Fi, cellular, pool on roof, gym, sauna, laundry, security) There many nice apartments in that price range. I have paid that price range for years in Recoleta / Barrio Norte. BTW, a gfe and sister rent a nice 1-bdr apt on Junin, 1/2 block from your luxury apt for $515! I edited my original Post to include Jackson. -------- Not Impossible! Thanks, Savings Sid
    Queen bed, first floor, cable, little patio, wifi, broadband, TV, DVD, fully equiped (no pool) on an absolutly quiet street (at night it was like being out on the pampa, no collectivos) one block from the subway, 7 blocks from Abasto, everything you needed for daily life within one block. 325 US per month.

Administrator

Reflect on this: If you multiply $25 X 30 days, it is = $750 per month (I pay $750 per month with Direct TV (Bloomberg, Fox) TV mounted high on the wall, DVD, King Bed, Wi-Fi, cellular, pool on roof, gym, sauna, laundry, security) There many nice apartments in that price range. I have paid that price range for years in Recoleta / Barrio Norte. BTW, a gfe and sister rent a nice 1-bdr apt on Junin, 1/2 block from your luxury apt for $515! I edited my original Post to include Jackson. -------- Not Impossible! Thanks, Savings Sid
    Congratulations Sid, I applaud your success in finding an apartment that somebody apparently gave you for free, because my apartments cost me approximately $750 USD per month each just to pay the building expenses, the utilities, the cable TV and Internet service, the biweekly cleaning and laundry, and the portero's monthly tip.

My point is that the owner of the apartment you rented was apparently satisfied with having a tenant who would pay the bills.

Anyway, please keep us posted as to your future success in finding free apartments as it will serve as an indicator to the rest of us to get out of the apartment rental business.

Thanks,

Jackson

PS: For yout next trick, I challenge you to find a Cabana las Lilas quality restaurant with menu prices equalling the grocery store's prices.

Administrator

You are an expensive, ''rare'' plant! BTW, Roxanne had nothing.
    Hi Bennie,

I just wanted the record to reflect that...

1. You send me an email inquiring if I had any apartments available.

2. I responded within a few hours with links to two apartments.

3. You responded back that your budget was $25 USD per night.

This was an impossiblly low number that no one was able to meet.

Thanks,

Jackson

Administrator

1. Badman answered promptly but I declined because his very nice places were too expensive for my needs.

2. Reynolds finally showed me 1 dumpy apt, Friday. It was next to Checkers Pub. It was tempting because all of Exon's honey was so convenient! But, I couldn't be a buddy fucker!

3. MCSE / Barts. He gave the assignment to a chica. She demanded that I book before inspection! She would not relent! I appealed to MCSE. He agreed with me. But another 6-8 days have passed and she has shown me nothing or emailed, but she promised to show!

4. MyPlaceRealEstate. I have rented from them often in the past. Many promises but no showings!

--------------------

My search is over--I found a place through my current landlord. This has been a sad experience! The rental possibilities were 15-18 days now and for many months beginning March 16. And most didn't give a fuck!
    Hey Sidney,

What am I, a potted plant?

Did you check my apartments?

Thanks,

Jackson

Posting Limitations