Thread: Deposits on Rental Apartments

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by TJ Max
    Administrator

Venues: 398
    Bartonsky,

Of course, you could always rent one of my apartments, in which case you could pay for your rental charges and / or your rental security deposit by using your credit card.

www.apartmentsinba.com

Welcome to the 21st century.

Thanks,

Jackson

Very good advice Exon.

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    You figure out what your total rent is going to be, plus your deposit. Go to your local branch bank and get an equal amount of $100 dollar bills before you leave for Argentina.

Then you fold them up and put them in your pocket, no more, not less, and take the long plane ride. Once there you meet with your leasing agent, sign the paper work and give them the money.

Over the years I've found that, that is the most efficent way of handling this problem. There is an "Upside" to this problem, when you check out of your apartment. Normally you will recieve your rental deposit back in US dollars and in most case's it will be your original cash back.

This money you'll need for your return home, airport transfers, shuttle rides, buying food at the airports and the like. The deposit for your apartment act's as a forced saving plan in US Dollars which you'll need for your return home.

Exon
    BTW,

Damage deposits should always be returned in the same currency. Unless the client asks for a particular exchange. Clarify this during the check in so there is never any misunderstandings.

Regards,

BM.

My Landlord reported cash deposit will be placed in a sealed envelope that we both shall initial and will be returned when I depart in the original envelope. Wish there was an easier way around it, but it is what it is. I am in BA to enjoy and all I want is a hassle free trip. If I get that, will be a very happy and satisfied tenant. BA is still a bargain, my view.

Photocopy the bills that you are giving as guarantee or write down the serial numbers and make sure that they know you expect to receive the same ones back when you leave. This avoids risk of receiving the "cambiazo".

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bartonsky
    It seems like a lot of apt require the balance due in cash when you arrive. How do people pay this without hitting their ATM card limits? I was trying to avoid leaving the US with thousands in my pocket.

Thanks.

Bart
    You figure out what your total rent is going to be, plus your deposit. Go to your local branch bank and get an equal amount of $100 dollar bills before you leave for Argentina.

Then you fold them up and put them in your pocket, no more, not less, and take the long plane ride. Once there you meet with your leasing agent, sign the paper work and give them the money.

Over the years I've found that, that is the most efficent way of handling this problem. There is an "Upside" to this problem, when you check out of your apartment. Normally you will recieve your rental deposit back in US dollars and in most case's it will be your original cash back.

This money you'll need for your return home, airport transfers, shuttle rides, buying food at the airports and the like. The deposit for your apartment act's as a forced saving plan in US Dollars which you'll need for your return home.

Exon

It seems like a lot of apartments require the balance due in cash when you arrive. How do people pay this without hitting their ATM card limits? I was trying to avoid leaving the US with thousands in my pocket.

Thanks,

Bart

I have plans to be there this coming Friday. It appears as if there is a possibility that is not avoidable that my trip may have to be delayed until March.

The unit I rented last in Las Canitas was the most perfect aparment that I could every want to stay in, and as I plan for the transition to ease into BA hopefully in the next few years, I would love the stay in this unit.

My reservation deposited in September, and I know I will lose my 20% deposit, the question is perhaps the owner lost the oppotunity to rent it, and I would like to feel out what some might thing is the graceful way to stay in good favor with the owner and the broker.

I have owned property before, so I know it is part of the business, I am just trying the think long term. The unit is perfect for my needs. Thanking you in advance for any perspective regarding.

I have had good luck with BYT, and it works just as BT said.

http://www.bytargentina.com/

Deposit

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Max
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Great site. Do all the apt services require a 100% depost for 2 weeks or less?
    Byt Argentina took a $35 fee, and then cash at the door for the deposit and the rent. Most agencies will also go the paypal route.

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Max

Unfortunely yes they do, and like most of us I'm very reluctant to give my credit card information over the internet, especially to complete strangers in a foreign country.

All I can tell you is Reynolds is a very, very creditable company. They've been in business for years & years and a big part of their business is short term rentals. I've used them off and on for 6 years and never a problem.

Exon

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    Or try Reynolds Properties, they'll take good care of you.

http://www.realestate.com.ar/

Exon

Posting Limitations