Thread: Plaza Asturias

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This blog is moderated by El Perro
    Just took a look, it's 1 block from my apt. It's still closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    Normally if they are closed for violations they have the red "clausurado" tape on the door. Plaza Espaņa is not as good in my experience.
    I was told that its something they have to fix, for the municipality, there is not red tape, or any explanation on the door.

Normally if they are closed for violations they have the red "clausurado" tape on the door. Plaza Espaņa is not as good in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69
    My Spanish class is near there. I have never seen it closed.

I have eaten there a few times myself, and was planning to go tonight.
    It was closed last night, did not check today to see if it's closed. They where closed for 3 days during Easter, because of some repairs they had to make. Guess the repairs did not pass muster, so they had to close again. Was told by the guy at the small stand that outside of the restaurant, that the city has them closed, until they can fix some sort of violation.

Plaza Espaņa, one block away, has the same food. Same owner. 20% cheaper. Not as nice inside as Plaza Asturias. Problem is, when Plaza Asturias is closed, Plaza Espaņa, is too full.

Yes

My Spanish class is near there. I have never seen it closed.

I have eaten there a few times myself, and was planning to go tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
    Is it normally open at 7pm? I find many restaurants don't open until 8pm.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69
    I went by there on Friday at 7pm and it was closed also.
    Is it normally open at 7pm? I find many restaurants don't open until 8pm.

Friday Night

I went by there on Friday at 7pm and it was closed also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    It was closed last night (Saturday) for no apparent reason.

It was closed last night (Saturday) for no apparent reason.

I ate here the other night before heading across the street. 5 peso cubierto, which includes a plate with some sardine like fish, and some olives for an appetizer, along with pre and post dinner shots.

I ordered the 24p Bife de Chorizo. It was cooked well, in spite of being a thick cut. Quality wasn't as good as I expected, but since meat was in short supply, I'll give them some slack.

I also had a bowl of vegetable soup for 6p. Total with drink was 41p. Fairly good service, a pretty crowded place.

Plaza Asturias

Made my third visit to this old style spanish restaurant tonight. Corner of Ave de Mayo and Salta. Directly across the street from Cafe Iberia. I have always enjoyed this place and wish I had gone more often. Ate outside tonight with great weather and also enjoyed the late, relaxed Sunday evening street scene. A large menu with a good deal of seafood. Wait staff are pretty attentive. Pretty much soup to nuts. Moderately priced. This part of Congreso was very much spanish influenced in the day. A number of more traditional spanish restaurants about.

Had the pleasure of seeing a young, 25 or so chica, with her date, in mini skirt, that might have had the best pair of legs I have ever seen. She coulda been a Rockette.

Posting Limitations