Thread: Cafe Exedra has been sold!

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
This blog is moderated by TejanoLibre

Birthday Party Feb. 28th. (Saturday)

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69
    If Ramiro does not get his Shit together I would love to have my next Birthday Party at Exedra.

First: you should celebrate Ramiro's be. D. And it is at the of February.
    Thanks G - Man!

I am going to have a birthday party at my restaurant on Feb. 28th. Saturday night.

There will be MOSTLY non-pro chicas but I will make an effort to invite the usual suspects from X, Orleans, La Madelein and a few Privados.

It could be as much as 180 people. I never know but it's always fun and it's FREE to get in.

Probably no food.

Just drinks, music, videos and girls!

I would love it if you guys would stop on by if your in the neighborhood!

After 11 p.

Let me know.

Take Care,

Ramiro.

L'alliance.

Cordoba 945

P.S - Could be some very nice local girls .....25 and up .

Not like the brats you would be stuck with at the local bars .
    Last edited by TejanoLibre; 02-21-09 at 16:17. Reason: ?

Birthday Party

If Ramiro does not get his Shit together I would love to have my next Birthday Party at Exedra.

First: you should celebrate Ramiro's B.D. and it is at the of February.

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    There "CockSuckers" Aqualung, shutting down our club house then doing nothing for a year or so putting all those girls and employee's out of work.

Exon

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung
    I thought after all these years I had a grasp on Argentine commercial mentality but these guys have taught me that no matter how long you are here, there is still something you don't (or will never) understand.
    There "CockSuckers" Aqualung, shutting down our club house then doing nothing for a year or so putting all those girls and employee's out of work.

Exon

I thought after all these years I had a grasp on Argentine commercial mentality but these guys have taught me that no matter how long you are here, there is still something you don't (or will never) understand.

The Latest News.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    Took a look around inside the former Exedra space the other day. Outer walls gone and down to the cement floors inside. Not even a renovation. A completely different animal. No place to go but up from here.
    I poked my head inside the other night and I was told that the place will re-open on March 25th.

It WILL have a glassed-in smoking area where the bathrooms had been located previously. Like a fish-bowl.

All remnants of the old place have been eliminated!

Gone are the neon martinis on the signage. Bet you never noticed!

I should have grabbed them for posterity!

The latest word is that there WILL be girls.

Hand-picked.

Maybe?

TL

Progress?

Took a look around inside the former Exedra space the other day. Outer walls gone and down to the cement floors inside. Not even a renovation. A completely different animal. No place to go but up from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276
    Maybe someone is digging a tunnel to a nearby bank?
    No man they are digging a last resort escape tunnel for CFK so she can get away when the economy crumbles! Tunnel will go from Casa Rosada to Ezeiza.

I'm Still Standing!

I passed by on Friday and all the windows and doors have been taken out and replaced by plywood.

Somebody has always been working there since the place was closed. I have heard hammering and so on very often but whoever it is is taking his time.

It's hard to understand that after investing a few million in buying the place there seems to be no hurry in getting it running again! There is certainly more than meets the eye!
    I have been told that the temporary billboards have been erected to allow the workers to remove and replace the windows and original fascade.

The awful sidewalk will also be replaced by something a little nicer.

Maybe granite or marble but no doubt a damn slippery stone for shure!

Some of the old girls went in there the other day and they said that there are rooms that have been sectioned off inside the place.

Maybe a damn smoking section to be? I hope not.

The nice part of X was the fact that it was a corner with a wide and open view. A large room without walls.

A WOMB WITH A VIEW!

Sorry!

Now, as to my future plans:

Yes, it will be difficult but it will not be impossible. I hope.

I am trying to re-open and I am going to try to utilize my roof-top as an outdoor deck. Smoking section , patio daddy - oh !

With tables, chairs and maybe small bands. Jazz, etc.

It will be a nice place to hang-out and I WILL have chicas.

No real view other than the sky and the chicas but also no goddamn bus pollution and noise pollution !

Anybody want in!

Take Care,

Ramiro.

P. S - Who about my Cardinals? Exon my man!
    Last edited by TejanoLibre; 01-19-09 at 14:50. Reason: spelling

Maybe someone is digging a tunnel to a nearby bank?

Hmmm. Maybe Argentina is going to replace the Caymans as the new washing machine.
    The Argentine washing machine has been chugging along for decades at a very healthy rythm.

I don't see Exedra as being a big enough investment to be interesting for the laundry people. Hotel chains seem to be the favourite here. But who knows!

However, there still seems to be something strange behind it!

I passed by on Friday and all the windows and doors have been taken out and replaced by plywood.

Somebody has always been working there since the place was closed. I have heard hammering and so on very often but whoever it is is taking his time.

It's hard to understand that after investing a few million in buying the place there seems to be no hurry in getting it running again! There is certainly more than meets the eye!
    Hmmm. Maybe Argentina is going to replace the Caymans as the new washing machine.

Cigar Eric pointed out the other night that there has been a plywood type wall erected around Exedra, so that you can't see what is happening behind. Maybe some progress being made? Any rumors? Tejano Libre? Aqualung?

Something going on?

Cigar Eric pointed out the other night that there has been a plywood type wall erected around Exedra, so that you can't see what is happening behind. Maybe some progress being made? Any rumors? Tejano Libre? Aqualung?

Quote Originally Posted by El Alamo
    And it's not so easy from them to move on to other jobs in a country with such a high unemployment rate (quaote)

The reason the country has such a high unemployment rate is because of their unions and because of their labor laws.

The unions are parasites and the labor laws are the most counter productive in the world
    I wholly agree with you on this and I was merely stating it as it is. The local labour laws end up being the worker's worst enemy in the long run!

It's the old peronist mafia

which is going on. Politics and syndycalists the old / new "oligarchia de Argentina"

Labor-laws from the fifties and early seventies.

A bunch of "new" laws brought in by Hector Recalde (the advisor of fat Hugo Moyano and his fat son, the worst of all with his multi-million private income, stolen from the "obra social) will pass congress if CFK doesn't block them: impossibility to dismiss employees, impossibility to change way and place of a worker in his area. Any demand (even with a signed agreement in "mediacion") can be charged higher within 10 (TEN) years.

In doubt, in front of the judge, the worker ALWAYS is right (not important if you have witnesses / pruebas. Still there is no top on ART (security for accidents) they can charge you with any amount at any time.

Avoid employees here.

Let's hope that L'alliance could manage the business but it will be difficult. Good luck.

Posting Limitations