Thread: DNI - Documento Nacionál de Identidad

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Regardless of what these places advertise, you are going to do alot of leg work yourself. Read their page carefully, you have to get your Criminal history in the States, birth certificate and any financial docs (all with a Apostille stamp from the USA) You can arrange a meeting with Arg consulate in your area of USA.

Apparently they are going to provide you with a cab from the airport and translation services for the docs. (which can be done in USA as well. As well as act as a travel agency.

Intiate immigration process means going to the office and waiting in line to present your papers.

One thing I noticed all over the Immigration office my last time there were the notices posted telling people they do not need to pay anyone for the process!

Maybe I should go work for them because the system is pretty straight forward and apparently pretty easy if done in the USA through the consulate.

This is a good one, but expensive. Around $ 1000- $ 2000 US.

There is another one that is slightly cheaper. I forgot the name of it though.

http://www.argentinaresidency.com/

Regards,

BM.

Residency help

Well here is the place to ask for advice on the laziest fastest route to obtain a residency of any description in Argentina. Preferably I would just like to pay someone. Does anyone have any advice or responsible agency that would complete this process.

Born To Die / Dead Lazy

Hi,

Whats the minimum time someone with a resident visa in Argentina needs to spend in the country to not lose that status (with intention to obtain the permanent resident status after 2-3 years)

Different thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpot
    Great post and spot on.

But, what taxation consequences do you face. My worst fear is getting stopped when I exit Arg. And being asked for tax $. For mongers who do not work here, I would doubt there would be any problems. The problem is you open yourself up to the Arg. Beauracracy, and we DNI pursuers are aware of that morass.

Is it possible they will tax you on your world wide income and Soc. Security.

It worries me they will get too intrusive.

Thoughts.

Jackpot DNI holder.
    First as an international jewel thief I'm always thinking "under the radar." Ok I'm not an international jewel thief but I do think under the radar. I would pay the price of 5 trips per year to Uruguay but they have good poker there so no big deal.

Other side, I would wonder how they would cross reference your passport upon exiting with your CUIL. In the states with the unpatriotic act in force I could see it but we are talking about Argentina, where you're lucky if the guy in the immigration booth at the airport takes his eyes off the ass of the girl working in the next booth long enough to see if your face matches what's on your passport. That assumes that the guy that is supposed to link your CUIL to your passport number stopped watching the Boca/River classic long enough to punch the numbers in the computer. Which also assumes that the person who was supposed to buy the computer didn't take the mangos appropriated for the computer system and spend them on a mini estancia in Uruguay and a couple working girls from Black. Which further assumes that the taxes needed for the appropriation for the computer system where paid. See what I mean?

I know this post was useless but I didn't attack anybody and hope it is found amusing.

Best advise, talk to a lawyer, but then again that assumes that the guy you talk to is actually a lawyer and not some picatero that got tired of walking in the street, saw an empty office, and put up a sign calling himself a lawyer waiting for some dumb extranjero to walk in and hand him money for useless advise.

If I ever get back I think it will be Uruguay 5 times a year for me, they have nice poker of there you know. Not as loose as at Dirks house of course but the chairs are nicer.

Suerte,

Daddy, missing BsAs sooo fucking bad I can barely stand it.

What about tax consequences.

Great post and spot on.

But, what taxation consequences do you face. My worst fear is getting stopped when I exit Arg. And being asked for tax $. For mongers who do not work here, I would doubt there would be any problems. The problem is you open yourself up to the Arg. Beauracracy, and we DNI pursuers are aware of that morass.

Is it possible they will tax you on your world wide income and Soc. Security.

It worries me they will get too intrusive.

Thoughts.

Jackpot DNI holder.

Mongers-

Obtaining a DNI is absolutely NOT necessary as part of the process of obtaining temporary / permanant residence in Argentina. I have temporary residency, renewable annually, and I have yet to obtain my DNI yet I am able to have a bank account and do all other things someone with a DNI can do because I have my CUIL. The CUIL is obtained at the ANSES building on Cordoba between Cerrito and Libertad and it takes about an hour to get it. The key is the CUIL, which is your personal taxpayer identification number and actually contains your DNI number should you ever apply for the document. The CUIL is 20-xxxxxxxx-x, with the eight digits in the middle being identical to your DNI number.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Dni

It is next to impossible to get a clear answer as to whether a DNI is required or not. I am amazed that after all this time it is still an open question.

Suerte.

Stowe

Quote Originally Posted by Master J
    I was wondering if anyone could share information with me regarding where one could get a cdi number? Is this for someone who might be a USA citizen, and wanted to buy property with a porteno? Is that too complicated, meaning owning in in joint owner ship? And could I ever get my funds out of the country on a sale? It seems people in lesser parts of BA purchase property without papers, then apply somewhere and get the papers later to sell. I hear it is quite common. Just wondering how one could purchase propertty there without being a resident?

Also what exactly is a retired visa?

Thank you
    Remember that just 6 years ago the Argentines could only withdraw a limited amount a week and lost about 70% of their savings

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    So here's my question for the group:

Does anybody know from personal experience if a DNI is or will be required when my now temporary residency is up for renewal and simultaneous conversion to a permanent residency?

Also, for anybody who has gone through the standard process for obtaining a residency: Were you required to obtain a DNI as part of the process?

Thanks,

Jackson
    Hi Jackson,

Here is my experience with the DNI.

I moved here 8 months ago on a work visa. When I got my the stamp in my passport, they gave me two envelopes: one for the immigration officer when I arrived in Argentina and the other to take to the DNI office. I was required to deliver the latter within 15 days of the date of my visa.

So, as part of working in Argentina, I was required to get a DNI.

Also, my employer could not open a bank account for me without the DNI. Not sure why since my landlord (who works for a bank) said he could open my account with a copy of my employment contract and my CUIT which I had before the DNI.

Schmoj

I replied in PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master J
    I was wondering if anyone could share information with me regarding where one could get a cdi number? Is this for someone who might be a USA citizen, and wanted to buy property with a porteno? Is that too complicated, meaning owning in in joint owner ship? And could I ever get my funds out of the country on a sale? It seems people in lesser parts of BA purchase property without papers, then apply somewhere and get the papers later to sell. I hear it is quite common. Just wondering how one could purchase propertty there without being a resident? Also what exactly is a retired visa? Thank you

Regarding Property Ownership

I was wondering if anyone could share information with me regarding where one could get a cdi number? Is this for someone who might be a USA citizen, and wanted to buy property with a porteno? Is that too complicated, meaning owning in in joint owner ship? And could I ever get my funds out of the country on a sale? It seems people in lesser parts of BA purchase property without papers, then apply somewhere and get the papers later to sell. I hear it is quite common. Just wondering how one could purchase propertty there without being a resident?

Also what exactly is a retired visa?

Thank you

Redondo,

Congratulations! You just made it to my ignore list! You should feel special now, since you are the FIRST one on that list!

Gets my vote

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    "Redundant Redondo"

That's got a nice ring to it!

Thanks DB.

Jackson
    I'm not sure as to it's accuracy, but it's pithy, I tell you, pithy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung
    The DNI is not obligatory for most things but it makes life a hell of a lot easier. For example, you can get a car insurance without it but try and get your money if something happens to you if you don't have one. Most insurance companies will fuck around with you for months till you provide one. It is also a proof of residency as it has your address in it. Driving licences are given out by the municipalities and you need proof of residency in any given municipality to apply for the licence.

These are just very few reasons off the top of my head that having a DNI will make your life easier. And that having one is going to make you vulnerable to the taxman is at the least a serious misinformation!
    Aqualung, the various reasons you state for having the DNI are all accurate, except for one. One does not need the DNI to get a driving license, all you need is a passport and a current visa stamp. I was able to get my license just using my passport.

Suerte

Posting Limitations