This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Administrator

Venues: 398
    "Redundant Redondo"

That's got a nice ring to it!

Thanks DB.

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    Jackson said it best "Reoccurring Idiot".

Exon
    And "Redundant Redondo".

Retired Member

Jackson said it best: "Reoccurring Idiot".

Exon

Quote Originally Posted by Redondo
    I have been living in Argentina for about 8 months a year for the past 3 years and I never felt the need for an DNI.

I refuge to pay gringo prices and prefer to go by bus or fly abroad instead of paying gringo prices for domestic flights.

I travel 2, 3 times a year to Europe, so mainly I don't need to make a Uruguay trip for visa purposes. I paid 50 peso only one time for overstaying my visa, that was the only time I stayed more then 3 months.

I don't have a property, a car or insurance in Argentina, don't have income in Argentina and don't pay my taxes in Argentina.

As long as this does not change I don't plan to apply for a DNI or a ressidency. If I want one of the above I probally would.
    You have all the right in the world not to need a DNI - What I don't understand is why you quote my post before launching into a narrative about your living experience in BA. I posted about what happens IF you take out a residency. What has that to do with your decision not to pay gringo prices (which you wouldn't if you had a DNI)

Redondo, in the future I would appreciate that when you quote me, your posts are relative to what I said. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung
    When you get a permanent residency (or one of those two year renewable ones) a ledger is automatically opened for you at the Registro Nacional de las Personas and at the Federal Police. The DNI is just a physical proof you carry with you that indicates you have this ledger and therefore a permanent residency.

This ledger is where all your information is stored. Tax, criminal, voting, etc etc etc so not having a DNI so as not to leave a trail for the taxman to follow is stupid. You already have the ledger and as Seaman mentioned your CUIL number is almost the same as you DNI number and that comes from the ledger!

The DNI is not obligatory for most things but it makes life a hell of a lot easier. For example, you can get a car insurance without it but try and get your money if something happens to you if you don't have one. Most insurance companies will fuck around with you for months till you provide one. It is also a proof of residency as it has your address in it. Driving licences are given out by the municipalities and you need proof of residency in any given municipality to apply for the licence.

These are just very few reasons off the top of my head that having a DNI will make your life easier. And that having one is going to make you vulnerable to the taxman is at the least a serious misinformation!
    I have been living in Argentina for about 8 months a year for the past 3 years and I never felt the need for an DNI.

I refuge to pay gringo prices and prefer to go by bus or fly abroad instead of paying gringo prices for domestic flights.

I travel 2, 3 times a year to Europe, so mainly I don't need to make a Uruguay trip for visa purposes. I paid 50 peso only one time for overstaying my visa, that was the only time I stayed more then 3 months.

I don't have a property, a car or insurance in Argentina, don't have income in Argentina and don't pay my taxes in Argentina.

As long as this does not change I don't plan to apply for a DNI or a ressidency. If I want one of the above I probally would.

When you get a permanent residency (or one of those two year renewable ones) a ledger is automatically opened for you at the Registro Nacional de las Personas and at the Federal Police. The DNI is just a physical proof you carry with you that indicates you have this ledger and therefore a permanent residency.

This ledger is where all your information is stored. Tax, criminal, voting, etc etc etc so not having a DNI so as not to leave a trail for the taxman to follow is stupid. You already have the ledger and as Seaman mentioned your CUIL number is almost the same as you DNI number and that comes from the ledger!

The DNI is not obligatory for most things but it makes life a hell of a lot easier. For example, you can get a car insurance without it but try and get your money if something happens to you if you don't have one. Most insurance companies will fuck around with you for months till you provide one. It is also a proof of residency as it has your address in it. Driving licences are given out by the municipalities and you need proof of residency in any given municipality to apply for the licence.

These are just very few reasons off the top of my head that having a DNI will make your life easier. And that having one is going to make you vulnerable to the taxman is at the least a serious misinformation!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Greetings everyone,

In anticipation of Redondo's next question:

"I heard that you can use a DNI for discounts at Disney World. Does anybody know if this is true?"

Thanks,

Jackson
    Quote Originally Posted by Argento
    It seems if we are talking about apples and comparing them with pears.
    Argento knows what he is talking about

DNI. My experience.

Also, for anybody who has gone through the standard process for obtaining a residency: Were you required to obtain a DNI as part of the process?

Thanks,

Jackson
    It seems if we are talking about apples and comparing them with pears.

When I applied 17 years ago, a Permanent Resident Visa was stamped in your current passport outside of Argentina, and you applied for your DNI in Argentina. My lawyer at the time gave me no other option. Common sense really. When your passport expires, the Permanent Residency stamp goes phutt as well. Hence you need to get your DNI, which is like herpes, you have it for ever. These 2 year visas are obviously similiar but are not the same. Nashi pears really-looks like an apple, tastes like an apple but is a pear. Almost but not quite.

Following on the CUIT comments. I must apologise. I confused the Clave de Identification (financial ID) which has the same number as your DNI plus one other number, with a CUIT.

I do use my DNI for travel to other Mercosur countries and apart from Chile, have not needed any other document.

Does anybody know from personal experience if a DNI is or will be required when my now temporary residency is up for renewal.
    When I renewed my temporary residency, there were no questions about whether or not I had a DNI. I only took in my passport and residency paperwork and photocopies of everything. I didn't offer the DNI, and they didn't ask to see it. But then again, I have no idea what they saw when they looked into the computer.

Also, for anybody who has gone through the standard process for obtaining a residency: Were you required to obtain a DNI as part of the process?
    I went through the standard process, and no one ever told me (either in the U. S. Or here) that I must get a DNI. But again, since I have no idea what they looked for in the computer when I renewed my residency visa, I have no idea whether or not it was necessary.

Regarding taxation of worldwide income, I would be surprised if having a DNI was germane. Being a resident would seem to be the logical thing that would make your income eligible for taxation. As someone else noted, a DNI is simply an identification document with a number and some other personal information. Since you would not be using your DNI outside of Argentina for much of anything (let alone garnering income in, say, Singapore) it would seem to me to have little bearing on the issue. On the other hand, no matter how many people I ask, I can't seem to get a straight answer, either, on the subject of taxation of worldwide income.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Stowe
    I know that once you get a DNI then Argentina can tax your worldwide income, pero, don't you need a DNI if you want to gain permanent residency?

Suerte.

Stowe
    Hi Stowe,

This is the $64,000 question.

I received my residency (along with a number of other forum members) through the "fast track" program that was offered for a short time approximately 3 years ago. Technically, under this program, my residency is "temporary" in that it needs to renewed every 2 years until the 2nd renewal, at which time it converts into a permanent residency.

FYI, my attorney has advised me that although my residency is temporary, it carries all the rights of, and is virtually indistinguishable from, a permanent residency.

Anyway, when I received my temporary residency I was handed a slip of paper with the address of the office to apply for a DNI, which I did not pursue. When I renewed my temporary residency last year, they made no mention of my DNI or lack thereof.

So here's my question for the group:

Does anybody know from personal experience if a DNI is or will be required when my now temporary residency is up for renewal and simultaneous conversion to a permanent residency?

Thanks,

Jackson

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Redondo
    If you have a red DNI are you considered a resident, can you return whenever you please, and is it valid for the rest of your life?
    Greetings everyone,

In anticipation of Redondo's next question:

"I heard that you can use a DNI for discounts at Disney World. Does anybody know if this is true?"

Thanks,

Jackson

Ok the last word on the subject

A CUIT is something you thrust into and out of with your johnson, except for that sick fuck STOWE he prefers BUIT.

The DNI which stands for Don't Need Intercourse from fat, ugly American bitches anymore, (the last 6 letters where removed by the paperwork reduction act of 1963 DNIFFUAB was found to be unwieldy) is neither for residence nor identification. It's simply a vehicle whereby the bored workers of La Republica de la Argentina, can tell you that the paperwork they just insisted you have hand delivered from the Untied States and stamped as authentic by their Tia Maria, at an exorbitant FEO (for extranjeros only) price incidentally, is in fact not the paperwork they needed after all. What they need is something entirely unrelated but it will be time consuming and expensive to get, requiring no less than 3 more stamps from Tia Maria.

Once secured though a DNI (FFUAB) and I'm sorry to disagree with you Dirk, red ones are for known pedophiles not extranjeros, funny you're usually so accurate with your posts, does have it's uses. It gets you discounts on CUIT at Madahos because with it you enjoy all of the birthrights of natural born Argentines. Including but not limited to, a lack of logic in all things economic, the right to enjoy cheap beef and wine, subsidized electricity, the inability to have a conversation on a cell phone without waving your hands around in the air as if the person you are talking to can actually see you. And of course access to the lower tier of the two tiered pricing structure that exists for everything except beer at the Disco and smokes at the kiosko, airplane tickets with Aerolinias as well as CUIT at Madahos. Additionally you get to share in the wonderful pun that is this cities name, though you don't actually need a DNI (FFUAB) for that as it's available to residents and tourists alike.

A CUIL is something you use to write with when the kiosko is out of piseras, it is also something a porcupine sticks in your ass cheek if you sit on it. Only that sick fuck STOWE looks for porcupines to sit on. How they got involved in this discussion can only be attributed to bad moderation on Jacksons part.

A CDI is an old form of Argentinian birth control endorsed by the Vatican, it stands for "Condom Distractus Interuptus." Essentially how it works is thus: you're getting a BBBJ from some hot provider, you fully intend to put a cap on your jimmy before entering the holy of holies. However; in the heat of the moment you don't, and just jam it in. You're intending to either pull it out at a later moment to put a cap on it before the finish or simply to pull it out and finish all over her face and tits but you don't and instead spew inside. You then worry for a few months if you're going to have to flee the country or start a new round of support payments all the while examining your Jimmy constantly for any signs of some incurable STD (Seriously Tornup Dick). None of this applies to STOWE or Flexible HORN of course. STOWE because that sick fuck is sticking it up their poop shoots (though he does have the examination phase) and Flexible HORN because that pathetic excuse he calls a penis (I've seen it only due to photos on the web site you fucking degenerates) simply cannot achieve penetration.

If you don't believe me you can check it out on the dickopedia.

Hope this helps.

DR

Dni

I know that once you get a DNI then Argentina can tax your worldwide income, pero, don't you need a DNI if you want to gain permanent residency?

Suerte.

Stowe

I never, repeat never, walk around with my passport. Never have had a problem with that.

You can also carry a fotocopy, that would do the trick as well.

Why would anyone voluntarily obtain a Tax ID number by registering themselves with the Argentina tax authorities, thus deliberately placing themselves under the auspices of said tax authorities, all to have a tax ID number that they do not need?
    I don't think it's a tax ID number.

This is not a rhetorical question, I really want to know. Is there some advantage that I'm unaware of? I know you don't need a DNI to open a bank account, buy health insurance, or buy a car, or to buy property, so it's not for those reasons. Does having a DNI (instead of a CUIT) make it easier to buy and sell property here in Argentina?
    At the material level, I needed it to change my ABL Rentas to my name. I think the Argentine bureaucrats may have been asleep at the wheel that day, but they wanted it nonetheless.

Regarding bank accounts, it seems to depend on the bank. Some banks told me that not only did I need a DNI, but I also needed three months of utility bills to open an account. Eventually I opted not to get a bank account since I really don't need one, and having one definitely exposes you to the tax people.

That aside, having a DNI has made my life marginally easier. When you walk around town, it's good to have some form of official ID. I don't like carrying my passport, so I carry a DNI. I've had to use it (in lieu of a passport) on more than one occasion to get into such things as the national library, certain museums, etc. Also, on one or two occasions the police have asked me for ID, and I used it. In general, it seems to generate a bit more seriousness on the part of Argentines when you show them a DNI instead of a passport. At least that's my impression.

Posting Limitations