Thread: DNI - Documento Nacionál de Identidad

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    Yeah, I figured that. Maybe more for the "Racism in Argentina" thread. Major stereotyping going on here.
    That's not racism, but, classism. The fact of discriminating a lower-class / middle-lower person.

Addition to last CDI related post

Sorry, I did not mention that I haven't a DNI and presently do not qualify to have one, which explains the investigation of employment sans a DNI.

Samten

CDI and work permit

Greetings,

Finally, I easily obtained my CDI (Clave de Indentidad) from AFIP, my own number, which registered successfully on the AFIP website, following my creating a password. Cost: 0.00.

The clerk at AFIP, and the next day: a higher-up official, via phone call, inormed me that with my CDI, I can be employed in Argentina legally. Sure enough other sites relating to Migraciones say or imply otherwise.

One can "inscribirse". I. E.: sign up as an Independent, as well. Seems the best option, at least for me regarding this registration as Indep. Is:

"Independent Eventual", which means one pays, if any, taxes on contracted work (some employers here may prefer that)

Anway, most everybody except AFIP, had never even heard of a CDI, and I have yet to obtain employment.

Glad to learn from others input.

Thanks,

Samten

Yeah, I figured that. Maybe more for the "Racism in Argentina" thread. Major stereotyping going on here.

Today I saw a sign at a taxi stand in V. Lopez saying you needed to show a DNI to rent a fucking taxi. Could be they are bluffing, could be they would accept a different ID, but that's what it said. Kind of scary.
    This is because the taxis get robbed frequently so the drivers tired of it or scared of being robbed only pick up passengers at stands or points where they can be identified. Any identification will do and in most cases not even needed. It depends a lot on if you look suspicious or not.

Today I saw a sign at a taxi stand in V. Lopez saying you needed to show a DNI to rent a fucking taxi. Could be they are bluffing, could be they would accept a different ID, but that's what it said. Kind of scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Harders
    Interestingly enough, I really did not ever need the DNI,
    Just curious, is your DNI permanent or does it expire? If so, do you have to renew it yearly?

Also, the time frames I experienced with the DNI were exactly as you mentioned.

Mongers,

Although I thought this had been cleared up ad nauseum, I'll explain things one more time.

First, a CDI is a taxpayer identification number given only to foreigners for the purpose of buying property (real estate, a car, boat, or securities) A CUIL / CUIT is a taxpayer identification number given to residents / citizens of the country and confers the right to work. A CUIL is a personal taxpayer identification number whereas a CUIT is a corporate taxpayer identification number. A person may be assigned a CUIL by ANSES, located on Cordoba / Carlos Pellegrini upon having obtained residencia precaria / residencia temporario. With this temporary CUIL number, a person may open a bank account, and conduct other financial activities.

After a period of 90 days, at least in my case (this is true in all cases UNLESS you are Paraguayan, Bolivian, or Peruvian; they have to wait an indefinite period to get full residency, a DNI, etc. Because they were granted residencia precaria solely for being from these neighboring countries and do not have a work contract, investor visa, etc. The residencia precaria becomes a renewable 1 year residencia temporario, and at that point one is able to make an appointment to apply for a DNI. After a period of two or three months, you will go to your appointment to apply for the DNI. Assuming they accept your DNI application, there will then be a waiting period of anywhere between 90 and 180 days to actually receive the DNI booklet. Once you receive the DNI, you are supposed to go back to ANSES and get your permanent CUIL assigned (which will essentially be your DNI number, with a 20 in front of it along with an 8 attached to the end)

Interestingly enough, I really did not ever need the DNI, because I had the CUIL assigned, and I was able to get power of attorney based off my passport as my primary document, so as such I was able to conduct all the necessary business transactions. So if you control a business here, go to your lawyer, have power of attorney assigned to you, and you can do every single transaction that one would normally need a DNI for (bank transactions, hiring / firing employees, entering contracts, etc) by just using your passport.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

CDI and work permit

Greetings,

So now that I have my CDI, I can share that the clerk at AFIP, told me that it entails permission to work, although of course she is not the Migraciones.

Please, can anybody clarify this issue? Also, I believe Rock Harders, wrote that he has a Residencia Precaria, but the Tramite from Migraciones, says it is to be given only when one initiates some petition for permanent residence, so in effect is in lieu of a tourist visa, and I recall I think it was even given to me once as Un Extension. Then one needs to leave the country and start the cycle again.

What gives.

Thanks,

Bodhi

Permanent residency and citizenship are two very different things.

Are you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain
    Please advise if one has to pay any custom duty on importing expensive (above 100,000 USd worth) 2nd hand cars to Argentina from one's home country, once one becomes a permanent resident here.

Thanks
    Minimum will be 50%. And I guess a premium as a luxury item though this is a surmise. Citizenship brings obligations and precious little benefits. Welcome to 'Argentina World'.

Argento

Please advise if one has to pay any custom duty on importing expensive (above 100,000 USd worth) 2nd hand cars to Argentina from one's home country, once one becomes a permanent resident here.

Thanks
    Last edited by Member #3320; 08-06-08 at 17:37. Reason: typing error

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    For a lack of any answer to it, I repost this text, in the hope someone can share relevant info.
    It's not easy to answer because it depends on the type of visa and where you are from.

Work visas for US and Canadians (and I think Western Europeans) have to be renewed every year. There doesn't seem to be any way around that.

After three years, however you can get a 'permanent' DNI.

Not sure about other types of visas or other nationalities.

Getting CUIT for non perm resident

Hi,

The Cordob AFIP office, told me by phone, that one cannot obtain a QUIT without going thru Migraciones and having some kind of residency. But if I understood correctly, having a DNI is not mandatory (which I don't for lack of perm residence status) I currently have a certificado de domicilio, and a CDI, the latter about which AFIP said is sufficient to purchase property in Argentina.

Can someone clear this up please?

Thanks,

Bodhi.

So for those of you who got residency, I have two questions:

1) How much did it cost? And.

2) What the fuck are the advantages?

I just don't understand.
    1) I don't remember the exact costs for the initial visa, but when I renew every year, I need to pay (a) the cost of notarizing appropriate documents in the U. S. (normally just a few bucks) (b) the cost of getting those documents apostilled (normally USD $10 a document) (c) the cost of DHLing the apostilled documents (about USD $25) and (d) $200 pesos at Immigration when I renew.

2) In addition to advantages (real or imagined) that others have mentioned, if you have residency, you can ship your household goods into the country and pay vastly lower customs fees than you would if you didn't have residency. In fact, you don't pay customs fees; you pay a nominal insurance premium to guarantee that you're not going to sell your stuff here. When your residency becomes permanent, you stop paying the premiums.

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations