Thread: Smoke Covering BA

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Tessan

Breath Deeply

As I was leaving I took a few shots. Cough, Cough.

And a few from Mar del Plata.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjmee
    are there any pics of the smoke covering buildings and grassland pics? Hope it gets better soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SmokeOnCordoba.jpg‎   SmokePinkPalace.jpg‎   MarDelPlataBeach1.jpg‎   MarDelPlataBeach2.jpg‎   MarDelPlataBeach3.jpg‎  

Last edited by WorldTravel69; 04-20-08 at 15:39. Reason: Spelling

I can see a blue sky. Looks clear. Do not smell smoke from my window. Hope the rest of the day stays this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Redondo
    How's the smoke now?
    Smoke is better then this afternoon, but its still over the city. It can change very quickly. I have my window open for the first time in 3 days. Get a little air in. At least for now, the air coming in through the wind does not smell like smoke, but I will close it when I go to sleep.

The news is now say they are expecting rain on Thursday now, not Tuesday.

They also said that wind will be coming in from the North, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. That means more smoke. Did not say anything beyond Tuesday about the wind.

Are there any pics of the smoke covering buildings and grassland pics?

Hope it gets better soon.

Did somebody say smoke?

I must be coming to town in a couple of weeks

No Smoke!

I took the noon bus today to Mar del Plata.

Cold, but No Smoke!

Where There's Smoke.

I came down through Entre Rios yesterday and took some shots out the window.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA120048 (Small).JPG‎   PA120044 (Small).JPG‎   PA120043 (Small).JPG‎   PA120037 (Small).JPG‎  

The news is saying there are going to be heavy rain on Tuesday which should kill off the grass fires. Hope they are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Monger514
    Or east, to the Falkland Islands. The air should be clear there, except maybe for some sheep farts.
    I am sure there are no direct flights from Argentina to the FALKLANDS

What's the problem with Malvinas, Monger?

You're begining to amuse me.

Or east, to the Falkland Islands. The air should be clear there, except maybe for some sheep farts.

La plata does not look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioman
    Should have been planning this a couple of days ago, but really do find this unbearable now and want out. Any ideas on last minute wkend getaway as I would like to be out of here by tonight. I would consider any options - planes, boats, or even buses. Quickest, most enjoyable, cheapest probably the order of the day. Got back from Mendoza just last wk so not looking to go there again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69
    Maybe on the coast. I was thinking of going today. Bus is 66p, but it takes 5 1/2 hours on the bus line I talked to.
    Looking at the Spanish TV channel 11 on my cable. La Plata has allot of smoke, even thought it is 400 km south. Could not even see the cathedral because of the smoke, better go west.

This evening they were burning trash in the Villa Miseria beside the autopista La Plata at the Quilmes exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioman
    Should have been planning this a couple of days ago, but really do find this unbearable now and want out. Any ideas on last minute wkend getaway as I would like to be out of here by tonight. I would consider any options - planes, boats, or even buses. Quickest, most enjoyable, cheapest probably the order of the day. Got back from Mendoza just last wk so not looking to go there again.
    From the smoke map Hobby Fan posted, it looks like going West is better then south. In the direction of Mendoza, looks like 125 to 200 km west there is no smoke. Wind is taking the smoke south no west. less smoke 125 km west, then 400 south.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69
    I just got back from the bus station. All buses to Mar del Plata are cancelled. Shit!
    Was told buses are running again out of Retiro. Mar del Plata should be better then BA, since its 400 km south of BA, and that 400km farther away from the fires. Although there are reports of smoke, it is probably less dense.

Posting Limitations