Thread: ByT Argentina

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Moore

Rentals

Over the years I have rented with this company about 11 times.

Some places were good, some were not.

They now have new short stay rentals.

http://www.bytargentina.com/newslett...re2014_en.html

http://www.bytargentina.com/

Pasaje Rivarola 196 at Peron

Very good experience with this first time rental. Looking at Congreso area alternatives for a last minute trip after finding out that my usual hotel was not available for all the days I wanted. Not much available so opted for this large, 400 sq. Ft. 2 bedroom unit on an historic, quiet side street built to resemble a Paris Street. Top floor unit in a gorgeous, well maintained century old building, recently upgraded for $625 per week. Easy to set up and staff very responsive and friendly. Already booked with them for my next trip. Wish I'd discovered earlier this much more quiet and private alternative to your regular hotel rooms.

Peron

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    Was the apartment they dropped on Peron and Talcahuano?

If so it is the one I rented, didn't look goodfrom the street but was huge inside.

Zephyr
    Yes the apartment was huge but in very poor repair and appearance.

I think most people would be afraid to go up those dark stairs to an apartment that almost looks abandoned. I cannot imagine anyone renting this apartment if they see the entrance and what it looks like now. There are to many other choices for another $30.00 USD a week that provide a real entrance, internet services, and an elevator. In addition the street that it is on appears also to be a little bit rough. Travel one block closer to the main street and the building look and related businesses look much better.

Was the apartment they dropped on Peron and Talcahuano?

If so it is the one I rented, didn't look goodfrom the street but was huge inside.

Zephyr
    Last edited by Zephyr; 10-11-08 at 03:48. Reason: misspell by spellcheck

By T

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69
    I have always used them.

I have had only minor problems, not with the company, but with cheap owners.

I stayed two months at a studio apartment on Arenales at Cerrito in March and April. It is a nice apartment and area and I had no problems.
    It is not that they are not a company that can deliver a nice apartment.

It is more a warning that if you have a problem you have to push really hard to get them to step up to the plate and make amends. It was only after my repeated efforts with them in that the apartment was no longer anything like they show on the internet and that the entrance looked really scary. If they had pictures of the entrance and the apartment as it currently appears I doubt anyone would ever rent it. Just beware if they do not show the entrance to the building there could be a good reason for this.

ByT

I have always used them.

I have had only minor problems, not with the company, but with cheap owners.

I stayed two months at a studio apartment on Arenales at Cerrito in March and April. It is a nice apartment and area and I had no problems.

Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird
    By T has contacted me after my numerous e-mails and says there quality department has inspected the unit and they will refund the majority of my money.

It leaves me holding the bag on the rental fee and about $20.00 for the unit.

Although better than their original offer the unit on their website needs the pictures updated because their is no comparison between the pics and the reality.
    They dropped this apartment from their website. It was on Peron.

As recently as a year ago I had good service and the lady who checked me out of the apt in Palermo was a hot MILF. Too bad service has gone down hill.

As I posted several months ago, my single experience with BYT in April was quite positive in terms of value, quality, service and representation. But I will keep all of these comments in mind for my next trip.

Two years ago ByT was very good

I rented from them maybe 5 or 6 times. All were basically very good experiences at good prices with reasonably good customer service by Argentine standards They expanded last year and moved.

The employees that I knew were gone and replaced by bozos. I stopped using them because the service went down. Expanding too quickly can do this. WE all remember what happened to apartmentsBA. But, we all wish Saint the best of luck.

None of the agencies who regularly post on this board would intentional do anything but provide good service. Sometimes shit happens, but that's when you need good customer service. Reynolds is the only service not regularly on this board that I use with confidence.

Our webmaster, JACKSON, runs an agency which provides a great organization and service and he will direct you elsewhere if he can't meet your needs. Dealing with the boss has been the most hassle-free experiences that I have had renting in BA. BADMAN and BARTS are the other obvious choices.

BYT argentina

I rented twice from BYT two years ago, everything was as advertised and had no problems, paid online and a car was waiting for me at the airport.

Sorry you had a bad experience, mine was great.

Zephyr

Apartment rental

BA home rental is a Wed site with apartments and homes to rent in Buenos Aires. Have used them a few times in the past and never a problem. Just another option to have at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Vato
    In January I made a deposit for an apartment in Recoleta. In April I was contacted by them that the owner wanted the apartment back. I really doubt this since I think they were able to rent it for more since apartments were a little scarce during the July time frame that I needed. They offered me other apartments but we are talking about several hundred dollars more in price. I think they run a scam this way. No problem getting the deposit back since I contacted my credit card company. If I had sent cash then I think it would of been a different story. BTW, never send cash to anyone in Argentina. Avoid this company. I recommend BA home rental. Great apartments all over town at good prices. Have rented from them several times in the past and never a problem.
    What is BA home rental?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Vato
    I recommend BA home rental.
    I recommend BARTS. I would never, ever, contact any other rental agency when staying in Buenos Aires

By T Argentina sucks!

In January I made a deposit for an apartment in Recoleta. In April I was contacted by them that the owner wanted the apartment back. I really doubt this since I think they were able to rent it for more since apartments were a little scarce during the July time frame that I needed. They offered me other apartments but we are talking about several hundred dollars more in price. I think they run a scam this way. No problem getting the deposit back since I contacted my credit card company. If I had sent cash then I think it would of been a different story. BTW, never send cash to anyone in Argentina. Avoid this company. I recommend BA home rental. Great apartments all over town at good prices. Have rented from them several times in the past and never a problem.

Posting Limitations