Thread: ByT Argentina

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Moore
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird
    By T has contacted me after my numerous e-mails and says there quality department has inspected the unit and they will refund the majority of my money.

It leaves me holding the bag on the rental fee and about $20.00 for the unit.

Although better than their original offer the unit on their website needs the pictures updated because their is no comparison between the pics and the reality.
    Care to share with us which apartment it is so we know to aviod it?

Thanks

Some Justice

By T has contacted me after my numerous e-mails and says there quality department has inspected the unit and they will refund the majority of my money.

It leaves me holding the bag on the rental fee and about $20.00 for the unit.

Although better than their original offer the unit on their website needs the pictures updated because their is no comparison between the pics and the reality.

By T Ripoff

I have rented with By T numerous times. I have only had one problem up to this time which was something the owner needed to take care of and I did not hold By T repsonsible. Unfortunately this time there was a complete misrepresentation of the apartment as shown on their website. I mean to call the place a shit hole would be an insult to shit holes. The representative took me back to their office after I told him there was no way that I could stay there. They kept telling me that since I was cancelling their would be a fee and I said I was not cancelling that the place was a shit hole. We kept arguing and I told them if they had current pictures of the apartment no one would rent the apartment. They were not much help and kept saying saying they would have their quality department go back and look at the place. My only thought was where the fuck was there quality department when this place became a shadow of its former self. They did recognize that I was a long time customer with over ten rentals to my credit and they gave me the standard high level of Argentine service. That means they did not do shit. I did get a manager to go back over and look at the entrance to the place which looks like it is out of war zone. It was priceless in that he did get a look of disbelief but continued with the company policy. If you decide to rent with them make sure you take a camera with you. I wish I had because I would have posted the pics on numerous websites showing the reality and what they advertised.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    I guess I'd better get with the program. I don't even have a "booking fee".
    I'll pay you the $40 booking fee if you'll match the price of the last apartment I had in BA.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    I guess I'd better get with the program. I don't even have a "booking fee".

Quote Originally Posted by Kleinberg
    Booking is now on 45 bucks (+29%)
    It went up from $35 to $40 only about 2 months ago. Antoher increase since then. That's two increases in less than 3 months.

Inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Member #2041
    Plus their $35 booking fee.
    Booking is now on 45 bucks (+29%)

Quote Originally Posted by Benjoe
    Do you ever have problems getting your security deposit back when dealing with ByT?
    My only issue was getting them to show up at the right time to check me out. They tend to show up EARLY - as I said, I found that it was necessary to keep on them by phone to confirm the time of the check out appointment. But refunding the deposit in it's entirety has never been an issue. But I am very easy on the places I rent - Basically, other than normal maid service for the place, they never need anything else.

Hi Member #2041,

Not withstanding the accuracy of your comments, but there are a few things to consider:

1. Many internet chicas will insist as a security issue that you call them from a land line telephone in the apartment where you want them to meet you.

2. Some apartments like Roxana's (My Dear, I love you too) are in the middle of the building and cannot connect to the cell phone systems because the signal is too weak.

3. For international calls, it's hard to beat the virtually free (for the guest) calls to and from the USA via the Vonage telephone. I don't know what you're paying for international calls from your world-compatible cell phone, but I doubt that it's zero.

Thanks,

Jackson
    In close to 10 YEARS of travel, I have NEVER needed to make a land line call to book a chica in any country ever. I don't book apartments that are in the middle of a building - as I said, location IS important. As for international calls - I rarely if ever make them when I travel, but when I do, I use a pre-paid calling card that costs me 15-25 cents a minute depending on which country I am calling. I did not say that Vonage capability was totally worthless, I said NEARLY worthless to me. I certainly wouldn't pay more than $10-20 a week for it, in and of itself.

Retired Member

Smile

Exon,

BTW, why don't you tell everybody who was the good friend of yours who recommended and steered you to the "Shit hole place"?

Thanks,

Jackson
    You know she was CockSucker and she probably got a "Kick Back" on it. Thats the Argentine way of doing things you know.

You do have the best internet and phone systems in town though. Its important to me since I don't like getting up, leaving the house to make a cellular call or read the internet. I personally don't want or use a cell phone, hell one of my "Rented Friends" might call me.

And one more thing, Chica's rarely have any minutes on their cell phones. Often times they'll need to check in with a baby sitter or such, their very appreciative of a phone they can call check in with. Plus its cheaper than giving them the $20 peso's their gona ask you for so they can buy a new cell card.

Exon

I have to say that I disagree with this. This is the 21st century - It's very easy and cheap to be entirely self-sufficient on phone and internet technology without being constrained in the slightest by the limitations of the place you stay.

The place I stayed in Recoleta through BytArgentina was a much better deal, for a single traveller.

http://www.bytargentina.com/re/propv...ose=&view=1487
    Do you ever have problems getting your security deposit back when dealing with ByT?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    A couple of trips ago they were booked and I ended up in a Shit hole place at Junin & Juncal for a week waiting for "Easy Go" to move out of Roxana's place and become available for me. Just about runined my trip.
    Exon,

BTW, why don't you tell everybody who was the good friend of yours who recommended and steered you to the "Shit hole place"?

Thanks,

Jackson

Administrator

I have to say that I disagree with this. This is the 21st century - It's very easy and cheap to be entirely self-sufficient on phone and internet technology without being constrained in the slightest by the limitations of the place you stay.
    Hi Member #2041,

Not withstanding the accuracy of your comments, but there are a few things to consider:

1. Many internet chicas will insist as a security issue that you call them from a land line telephone in the apartment where you want them to meet you.

2. Some apartments like Roxana's (My Dear, I love you too) are in the middle of the building and cannot connect to the cell phone systems because the signal is too weak.

3. For international calls, it's hard to beat the virtually free (for the guest) calls to and from the USA via the Vonage telephone. I don't know what you're paying for international calls from your world-compatible cell phone, but I doubt that it's zero.

Thanks,

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    You know, I got to thinking about that and the CockSucker was right. The difference between "Chicken Shit & Chicken Saliad" is a little bit of money. Jackson's was right, by saving 5 or 6 hundred dollars on housing you "Fuck Yourself". Its much better to have a confortable place with reliable internet and phones than save a few hundred dollars.

I don't even care what the phone system or the internet access is of the apartment I am staying in. I have my own world-compatible cell phone which is my number, and which I buy a local SIM wherever I go, and I don't even travel with a laptop anymore, because I don't find it to be worth the hassle - given the air security issues and the ever-tightening baggage limitations the airlines are implementing. Internet access in BA costs 2-3 pesos an hour, on virtually every street in the entire city. This is also true in most any city I travel to. There is no way that I would pay $50+ a week premium for high quality phone and wireless internet access. They are, frankly, almost completely worthless to me.

What I care about in an apartment is really very simple:

1) Location.

2) How nice is the Bedroom and the Bathroom of the place, and were the photos of the place accurate?

3) Is the place secure?

4) Is the cost appropriate for the size and location?

5) Towels.

Jackson's place is no doubt very nice, but it is twice the size I look for, and as a result, it costs too much.

The place I stayed in Recoleta through BytArgentina was a much better deal, for a single traveller.

http://www.bytargentina.com/re/propv...ose=&view=1487

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob
    I hook up to the internet before paying unless I've delt with the owner before.

How many towels are in the apartment?

Any problem with the internet, I don't pay without the owner bringing in a techie. Only two towels, no go.

I am always prepared to spend a night in a cheap hotel if necesary. This creates motivation: an empty apartment and a compalint to the tourism police--a very interesting and little know argentine government service to prevent from theft from tourists.

Some of the cheaper internet services require that my computer's ip address is registered with the service provider---=easy for a spanish speaking techie and near impossible for me. 40 or 50 pesos to a techie will do the trick. The owner's cash on the table and a call to the techie makes me more comfortable. Some of the dsl and usb hook-up's require that software is loaded onto your computer--again easy if you know what you are doing, impossible for an over tired traveler without locale knowledge and a copy of the software.

When an apartment has a rental price too low, there is usually a reason. Always be thinking while looking at photos on the internet, the photos always show the apartment at it's best--do I want to stay here. Would I rather pay us$325 per week for a nicer place rather than us$250 for something that looks questionable. If you reserve early, there is little reason to pay over us$75 per night, unless you want luxury and / or the security of a top firm or dealing with jackson who would not take advantage of you and offers only top luxury apartments. Sometimes you get what you pay for!

I am still comfortable with reynolds and byt, but you must be prepared to telephone repetedly and constantly to obtain good service.
    We're on the same page Miami Bob,

I prefer to give my business to my friends Roxana or Jackson, if their booked I go to Reynolds Properties located on the 3rd floor above Jacksons on Junin. They speak perfect English and run the business as close to Americanized as your going to find in Argentina. But your still at the mercy of your Argentine landlord. So no matter how tired you are from the flight, check the internet conection and the hot water before you pay any money.

A couple of trips ago they were booked and I ended up in a Shit hole place at Junin & Juncal for a week waiting for "Easy Go" to move out of Roxana's place and become available for me. Just about runined my trip.

Long story short, Jackson sat me down and we had "Church" together. The jist of the conversation was, "Listen you cheap CockSucker, You fly all the way down here and end up in a "Flea Bag" apartment and it fucks up your trip". Arge's have no conception what class and comfort is, they just want your money.

You know, I got to thinking about that and the CockSucker was right. The difference between "Chicken Shit" & "Chicken Salad" is a little bit of money. Jackson was right, by saving 5 or 6 hundred dollars on housing you "Fuck Yourself". Its much better to have a comfortable place with reliable internet and phones than to save a few hundred dollars.

Now, moving right along.

Jackson's apartment on Junin is ideal. Location, Mongering, Taxi's, Restuarants everything. But whats really cool about the Junin apartment is communication. His high speed internet is going to work and its fast. But over and above that, Jackson's phone system is the best I've found in Argentina. Yea he has a free cell phone, not a big deal for me. But what he does have is free Vonage phone service and a phone system thats not blocked for out going cell phone calls. What this means is you can sit at the desk, surf the internet for Chica's and not have to use a cell phone to call them. Plus you call also sit there with a Vonage phone and its just like your sitting home in your office, its great.

Now for Roxana's apartment.

I love this woman dearly and we've been close friends for years. She always has first look at my business, even to the point that I will book my lodging around her open dates to fill in her vacancy's. I love the quite location on Guido and of course its just half a block from "Checkers Pub", my favorite.

But Roxana has the "Shitiest Phone System in Argentina". Anyone that has ever stayed their will know what I'm talking about. (Love you Roxana)

I have asked Roxana to raise the rent and include a new phone system similar to Jackson's. She needs an extention on the night stand and one on the desk, plus a Vonage set up. It needs to be able to make free cellular call's without dialing a million numbers since its impossible to make a cellular call from inside the apartment.

So Roxana, Mi Amor, raise the rent $10 or $15 bucks a day and include these new features. The Mongers with pay it because its worth the convienance of not having to leave the apartment to set up a date with your chica.

Exon

Posting Limitations