Thread: Special Events (non pros)

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by MCSE
    I was born in Zona Norte and still living there in Vte Lopez. The place was built by European immigrants. It is residential area and almost as expensive as Recoleta.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    My perceptions were correct. I was astonished at the difference in size of the people.
    Zona norte is urban not rural, but it's the most developed zone and the most are from European decent.

Most rugby players are from Zona Norte of Buenos Aires, basketball players mainly from Cordoba or Bahia Blanca. Volleyball players mostly from small towns of the Pampa.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Typical of a large state fair in the USA. Plenty of models and fat older women for the guys wanting non-pros. Interesting--the farmers and ranchers, as a group, are courteous and are much taller and bigger, than Porteno's. The basketball, volleyball, and rugby players must be from ''out there''. A lotta parillas, food, wine, and gourmet. Huge ag equipment for the flat, fertile Pampas. Gouchos, horse shows and others. Entrance is 15 pesos. Located just North of the Zoo. P. S.--I didn't see CFK!
    All second, third or 4th generation Germans, Italians, Wolga Germans, East Europeans and British with little or no mixture with people from South America.

I have been going to the 5 Rural's, I think it's worth the visit.

Ex Cervecería Munich

The brewery, built by Andrés Kalnay, was since its inauguration in 1927, a prominent place in Buenos Aires.

Tourist visits.

English, Portuguese and Italian.

Monday to Friday from 14 to 18 hours. Free.

Av. De los Italianos 851, Puerto Madero.

Tel.: 4516-0944/9
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cerveceria-munich.jpg‎   centro-museos-c.jpg‎  

The Mysteries of the wreck

The eighteenth century ship sunk in Buenos Aires, an invitation to discover its mysteries and to live the experience of stepping on the soil of Buenos Aires in the years 1700.

The address:Rosario Vera Peñaloza and Juana Manso -Puerto Madero.

Languages:

In Spanish Monday through Friday from 12 to 18, and Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 18.

Guided tours will be conducted in English on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 15 to 17.

AnderFolklore 09

Centro Cultural Plaza Defensa - San Telmo.

Every Friday 21 hs. Free!

Defensa, 535. Tel:4342-6610

Live music: pop, jazz and tipical folclor of Buenos Aires and Rio de la Plata.

Programming:

Viernes 5 de junio: Doña Maria + Laura Ros.

Viernes 12 de junio: Seba Ibarra + Fer Isella.

Viernes 19 de junio: Lucio Mantel + Jíbaros.

Viernes 26 de junio: Soema Montenegro + Fondo Naranja.

Viernes 3 de julio: Páramo + Tremor.

Viernes 10 de julio: Orozco - Barrientos

Friday 12th

13 hs Sinfonic Band of Buenos Aires.

Director: José Luis Cladera.

Place: Plazoleta Juvenilla, Florida and Santa Fe Av. (Plaza San Martín)

Free!

Headliners

Does anyone know of any big named headliners are coming to BA soon?

Would like to see a good concert or something like this.

Great information

Thank you for sharing RED HOT.

Music in the Obelisk

On Sunday, the 24th of May 8 pm, the neighbors of the city will be able to enjoy a great musical spectacle in the Obelisk to commemorate and to wait the beginning of the year Bicentenary of the Revolution of May. Hereby a program of actions will begin formally supported until December, 2010.

Tango in the City.

Every day 13:00 pm in different theatres of Buenos Aires the best orchestras of tango.

All the spectacles are free!

Program:

http://estatico.buenosaires.gov.ar/a...almediodia.pdf

Upcoming Event

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissus
    any good new events to report?
    There's a pretty decent site that lists upcoming events in Buenos Aires:

http://www.vammos.com.ar/

You can also follow them on Twitter and get updates:

https://twitter.com/vammos

It's in Spanish, but it's not hard to figure out even with limited Spanish. Additionally, there's always babelfish. Com to translate the page.

New events?

Any good new events to report?

Posting Limitations