Thread: Special Events (non pros)

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by MCSE

Music on the River

Favaloro's fundation made possible this great event. Wed march 11th starting 7:30 PM full moon night. Departing from Dique 3, Puerto Madero on the Galileo's catamaran and sailing 3 hours by the Rio de la Plata. You'll be able to enjoy a great view of the river and the city itself, there will be a cocktail and wines provided by the Lariviere Yturbe winery. Plus the voices and music of Marta Blanco (mezzosoprano) Martín Catalbiano (barítono) Enrique Prémoli (piano) Contribution bonus USD 200 per pax. PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuler
    Hey Dogg.

Didn't know you were a jazz fan.

I like old movies.

Wasn't Sidney poitier, Dihann Caroll, Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward in some movie about these guys being jazz musicians. Living in Paria, meeting the chicas. Etc?

Best Regards.

Smuler
    Hi Smuler,

That sounds familiar but I don't remember that flick. You know that Poitier is Sidney's half brother, right? I am a fan of old movies as well. BUT, we are off topic! Jackson may want to send these comments to "Dogg's Jazz Musings" in the Chit Chat section.

Hey Dogg.

Didn't know you were a jazz fan.

I like old movies.

Wasn't Sidney Poitier, Dihann Caroll, Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward in some movie about these guys being jazz musicians. Living in Paris, meeting the chicas. Etc?

Best Regards.

Smuler

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Could our own Jazz Maestro, Doggboy, recommend some good sessions?
    OK then. Check out:

http://www.buenosairesjazz.gov.ar/en/

YMMV of course. My picks would be Randy Weston with Billy Harper tonight at the Coliseo Theatre. Harper plays with his own band tomorrow at the National Library. I don't know much about many of the musicians featured. Most are not from the states. There could be some great performers but I have no idea.

I do have two film picks for you hard core jazz fans. Two films. "Lift to the Scaffold" a 1958 film from Louis Malle with a great Miles Davis soundtrack. I have that soundtrack CD and have employed it often in the past for background music to soulfull fucking. The movie itself is probably mediocre, but the music fantastic. The other film is a recent documentary on the iconic singer Anita O' Day. Maybe the best white chick jazz singer of all time with a long history of drinkin', druggin' and breaking all the taboos. Quite a dame. Both of those films on Friday at the Recoleta Cultural Center.

Dogg

Sunday Morning Palermo

Nike+ Human Race also in Buenos Aires!

This event, at the same time in several cities in the world has been also announced in BA, it's a race, Sunday Aug. 31st at Palermo Parks.

Palermo Parks it's a beautiful part of the city.

This video in the lakes side of Palermo parks: http://www.barts.com.ar/barts/flash_...osques_palermo

This is a map:

http://www.barts.com.ar/barts/lodgin...hp?recordID=49
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 62742_nike.jpg‎  

For Tango Lovers

Romantic Tango lovers, www.festivaldetango.gov.ar

They have a tight schedule and if you like tango, but in addition you want to feel those classic places of Buenos Aires (las violetas, billares, etc) this is your chance. Good before Sunday, August 24th.

Soho Telo-muestra

In addition: "Soho Telo-Muestra", it's an innovative temporary art gallery placed in a tower under construction which in the past used to be the "pussy-cats" love hotel. Opening today, Aug. 15th at Paraguay 4747 (palermo) from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM.

They did not touched some old rooms, and the ambience it's telo-like, so artists place their works in the rooms.

August 20th

BAF, Buenos Aires Fashion week, Argentine models (some Brazilian as well) at la rural, (Palermo) http://www.barts.com.ar/barts/flash_...ay-fashionweek the 2006 version runway recorded.

Have Fun!

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by BA Luvr
    Tramp? After your previous recommendations?

Actually, I enjoyed my one cita with her. We went to a symphony at the Teatro Colón, and then a little action in my hotel room. I didn't feel the chemistry, but she said I was a good lover so I forgive her. RIP.
    After she stole my wrist watch she became a Tramp.

Exon

Tramp? After your previous recommendations?

Actually, I enjoyed my one cita with her. We went to a symphony at the Teatro Colón, and then a little action in my hotel room. I didn't feel the chemistry, but she said I was a good lover so I forgive her. RIP.

Retired Member

No Sidney, I'm not spending that kind of money on that "Tramp"

Exon

La Rural

Famous exhibition of cattle and agriculture.

Nice MILFS around, and a good opportunity to know better the argentine essence. Besides, a unique exposition to visit. Opens July 24th (thu)

http://www.exposicionrural.com.ar/in...p?lang=english

For cheaper caws, check out Uruguay 343 1st floor.

Retired Member

At the Alvear for 300 pesos!
    I took 9 toe Moe their Christmas night for dinner, the CockSuckers charged me about the same, $300 peso's each.

While drinking Beefeaters in the bar waiting for our table I discovered that Moe's coke was the same price at the Alvear Palace Hotel as its was at Excedra.

It was then I truly realized we Americans were getting ripped off.

Exon

The party it's this Saturday June 14th at pacha.

http://www.surfacebookings.com/eflye...io14/index.htm

Have Fun!

Watch it buddy

At the Alvear for 300 pesos!
    Don't try to muscle in on my action, if Exon adopts anybody it's me buddy.

How's the new will coming dad?

Posting Limitations