Thread: La Madeleine

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Monger514

Photo

Just thought I would add a photo of the place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cafe La Madeleine.jpg‎  

Completely dead Jan 21. What is happening in BA. It used to be fun. Not it's just expensive.

Not a single person in the place.

Update

Completely dead. I was there at midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    Which one today and at what time. A community happens because people create it.
    Galleria Pacifico Starbucks at 1:30pm today.

I usually hang out either on lower floor (side tables looking into galleria) or upstairs if no tables free below. Usually pass couple hours reading paper and people watching

I actually like the Patio Bullrich loc more because it has nice free wifi, and decently fast as opposed to the galleria pacifico one which is Fibertel password only and pretty crappy slow. But probably easier meeting at GP Starbucks especially since Orleans is across the street and retiro seems more central loc for most people.

I'm in

Which one today and at what time. A community happens because people create it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    Too bad. One of the reasons I stayed away from bs. As for 17 months and switched to Europe was long durations stays kind of got boring when my main social circles consisted mainly of chicas. Amateur, pro, or otherwise.

Have lot more social connections in Europe due to business contacts. Think I may have to search for some business or social clubs to join down here in bs. As.

I've tried to avoid them just because of the culture junk I think it is, but due to proximity I've started taking afternoon coffees at Starbucks at either patio bullfich or galleria pacifico locations.

I'd pass some evenings at newports but I've already gotten and am trying to avoid a stalker chick there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    No such critter these days that I know of. No Exedra, no Ramiro eatery, Madeliene is all but completely dead, though maybe when the weather breaks it will be a little better (though I doubt that it will improve to any great degree).

While there are still some good things about mongering and hanging out here, the onda on the streets is poor. Too many reasons to list here, but severe inflation seems to be the main culprit.

I moved back to BA recently after an absence of seven months, and I'm second guessing myself daily.
    Too bad. One of the reasons I stayed away from bs. As for 17 months and switched to Europe was long durations stays kind of got boring when my main social circles consisted mainly of chicas. Amateur, pro, or otherwise.

Have lot more social connections in Europe due to business contacts. Think I may have to search for some business or social clubs to join down here in bs. As.

I've tried to avoid them just because of the culture junk I think it is, but due to proximity I've started taking afternoon coffees at Starbucks at either patio bullfich or galleria pacifico locations.

I'd pass some evenings at newports but I've already gotten and am trying to avoid a stalker chick there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    The spots have changed over the years. When I lived here 2005-2008 Exedra was a decent spot to hang out, relax, chat with other expats and visiting English speakers, then La Madeliene on Cordoba after Exedra closed up. Last time I was here in mar 2011, would bump into a few regulars at Madeleine that made a nice spot before going out hunting or just relax on an off night.

Never really took chicas out of these watering holes but enjoyed the casual conversation with board members I'd meet there.

With the girls moving out from Madeleine, is there such a thing as a regular expat / visiting monger coffee spot anymore?
    No such critter these days that I know of. No Exedra, no Ramiro eatery, Madeliene is all but completely dead, though maybe when the weather breaks it will be a little better (though I doubt that it will improve to any great degree).

While there are still some good things about mongering and hanging out here, the onda on the streets is poor. Too many reasons to list here, but severe inflation seems to be the main culprit.

I moved back to BA recently after an absence of seven months, and I'm second guessing myself daily.

Casual conversation

The spots have changed over the years. When I lived here 2005-2008 Exedra was a decent spot to hang out, relax, chat with other expats and visiting English speakers, then La Madeliene on Cordoba after Exedra closed up. Last time I was here in mar 2011, would bump into a few regulars at Madeleine that made a nice spot before going out hunting or just relax on an off night.

Never really took chicas out of these watering holes but enjoyed the casual conversation with board members I'd meet there.

With the girls moving out from Madeleine, is there such a thing as a regular expat / visiting monger coffee spot anymore?

I will check out Iberia tonight or tomorrow night and report back.

A change of venue?

I noticed while I was in town that Cafe La Madeleine had absolutely NO girls there at all in the evening. This venue was, in the past, OK for a late night coffee and there were also usually a few AP members to meet there and have a drink and a chat as well.

After the close of Exedra many of the girls crossed the road to La Mad. And it was often possible to find an enthusiastic 'playmate' there! It was rather well known as a venue for Dominican girls and I have fond memories of one little sweetie from there, called Mayorie, that I had the pleasure of spending some time with on a previous visit.

I was told that the girls that used to be there after 12. 00 pm have now migrated to Café Iberia about 10 blocks away.

IF this is correct (and I did not get a chance to check) then I am rather surprised that someone has not posted the up to date information!

But, then again, thinking about it nobody, with a few notable exceptions (THANK YOU Miami Bob) seems to be posting much information at all here recently!

ENJOY!

Brother Hotman. (who now has some happy memories and is now looking forward to his next visit!)

Chica Coffee

It cost me 12p.

I had a local brandy 28p.

The Bottle is 38p in the Argentine wine store on Talcahuano, the Chinese market charged me 50p. Last year it was 28p.

There were five chicas at closing time 2am. I know I am very old, but not that desperate.

It looks like Iberia is the best bet. 15 or chicas, open later.

I told some of the chicas that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails moto_0444.jpg‎  

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Unfortunately it will never happen!

The demand is there but the chicas are not!

My resto has been accross the street from La Mad for 5 years and the place has NEVER been real good.

Always been just a shadow of Excedra!

4 or 5 Dominican hookers and the usual suspects for 5 fucking years!

The new management closes the place down at 2 am and that{s it!

Done deal!

The girls are not allowed untill about 11 pm so they only have 3 hours to do business.

They do not want the girls there.

Occasionaly you MIGHT find a new stray that happens upon the place but rarely is it EVER worthwhile.

Been going there for 6 years because it is accross the street but that is about it.

Go there to hang-out with some of the boys from this site but do not go there expecting to find nirvana.

Good place to start and meet and then you go to the Triangle a block and a half away.

I know you may have thought that you saw potential but I{m soory to point out that it was a mirage!

Take Care,

TL
    Ditto. As TL says, this place is poor and even more poor over the past six months or so. About two years ago they banned the chicas from showing up before midnight and just recently they started closing at 2AM. 90% of the chicas here are close to undoable anyhow. The cafe / chica scene downtown has fallen on real hard times.

The place does serve as place to shoot the shit with some mongers, particularly those in town for a brief period of time. Really slim pickin's as far as the girls go though.

Maybe the old Exedra location will provide a better meeting place, but I'm guessing they won't be any friendlier towards the chicas.

Thumbs down It Will Not Happen!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky  [View Original Post]
    Stopped for another cortado last night around 11:30 pm and saw some of the same girls from the previous night. After a few minutes, a couple of new girls showed up, one VERY pretty, and they kissed all the other girls sitting in the general area of the corner. Then after about 20 minutes, an SUV pulled up, and the very pretty girl departed. It was a bit chilly outside last night, but this makes one wonder what could develop if demand were stronger.
    Unfortunately it will never happen!

The demand is there but the chicas are not !

My resto has been accross the street from La Mad for 5 years and the place has NEVER been real good.

Always been just a shadow of Excedra !

4 or 5 Dominican hookers and the usual suspects for 5 fucking years!

The new management closes the place down at 2 am and that{s it!

Done deal!

The girls are not allowed untill about 11 pm so they only have 3 hours to do business.

They do not want the girls there.

Occasionaly you MIGHT find a new stray that happens upon the place but rarely is it EVER worthwhile.

Been going there for 6 years because it is accross the street but that is about it.

Go there to hang-out with some of the boys from this site but do not go there expecting to find nirvana.

Good place to start and meet and then you go to the Triangle a block and a half away.

I know you may have thought that you saw potential but I{m soory to point out that it was a mirage!

Take Care,

TL

Stopped for another cortado last night around 11:30 pm and saw some of the same girls from the previous night. After a few minutes, a couple of new girls showed up, one VERY pretty, and they kissed all the other girls sitting in the general area of the corner. Then after about 20 minutes, an SUV pulled up, and the very pretty girl departed. It was a bit chilly outside last night, but this makes one wonder what could develop if demand were stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky  [View Original Post]
    I stopped at La Madeline to have a cortado outside at about 11:30 tonight. Over the course of an hour I noticed about 5 chicas arrive, and another 3 chicas were on the corner where Excedra used to be. They weren't of the quality that used to frequent Excedra, but one was a solid 7 under 30, while the others were a little older and filled out. I think the spirit still lives in some form on this corner, and may one day regain it's full stature. Well, one can hope.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HappyGoLucky For This Post:

I stopped at La Madeline to have a cortado outside at about 11:30 tonight. Over the course of an hour I noticed about 5 chicas arrive, and another 3 chicas were on the corner where Excedra used to be. They weren't of the quality that used to frequent Excedra, but one was a solid 7 under 30, while the others were a little older and filled out. I think the spirit still lives in some form on this corner, and may one day regain it's full stature. Well, one can hope.

Posting Limitations