Thread: Corruption in Argentina

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    "Can anyone imagine the liberation of Kuwait without the participation of USA?"

Did anybody give a shit about the liberation of Kuwait?

Lets have a reality check.

The reason the US is the worlds police is to keep the arms manufacturers and other huge multinationals in business. Bechtel and Halliburton are some of the biggest winners in the current conflict. The losers are the dead / wounded kids.

War is big business.

Oh and the fact that who ever controls the oil wins helps too.

If I were a betting man (witch I am) I would place a huge wager that within the next 10 years the US will find some reason to move into Africa. Africa is primed for plundering by the big companies. Sort of like Latin America was in the last 20 years.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Fucking their women, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoj
    Before you start waving the stars and strips, think about this: If the US of A is so great, what are you doing here?
    Fucking their women, of course.

In this category, I agree: The rest of the world has us beat.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Julio
    With due respect, this kind of paranoia has caused enough harm all around the globe.
    I like it when dictators, despots and similarly-styled criminals suffer from "this kind of paranoia".

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cockburn
    Can anyone imagine the liberation of Kuwait without the participation of USA?
    Maybe, but it is also hard to image the invasion of Kuwait without the participation of the USA. Remember the Iran-Iraq war? We pumped a lot of money and arms into Iraq in those days. Not sure how Saddam got on Bush's bad side. Maybe he called Barbara a dirty *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cockburn

"You have courage to do the job", but the world ask for a bit more consensus.
    I wouldn't call it courage. It really comes down to economics. There are plenty of conflicts in poor countries around the world (I. E. Places that pose no economic potential) that we don't give a rat's ass about.

Administrator

Remember when we attacked France in 1944?

Quote Originally Posted by Julio
    With due respect, this kind of paranoia has caused enough harm all around the globe.
    Yea, like that time we attacked France in 1944.

What a bunch of motherfuckers we were then!

There is something called the UN, that preferably should act as the World Police.

I admit that big organisations are slow, but acting too fast is not good either, It would be a shame to have a "shoot first and ask questions later" policy.

Rather than acting as a the Police, sometimes USA gives me the impression to act like an angry lynch mob, taking the law in its own hands rather than waiting for justice.

I must give you (americans) some credit. (as you deserve it) Needless to say, USA plays a very important role in the world. Can anyone imagine the liberation of Kuwait without the participation of USA?

Most of the european countries have very small armies. They are destined to primarily protect the country, not sending troops in a large scale war to far away countries. It would have been almost impossible.

"You have courage to do the job", but the world ask for a bit more consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Somebody has to do it, and by default the Americans are the only people with the courage to do the job.

Thanks,

Jackson

Not all Yankees agree that the USA should be acting as the world's policeman

Helping place military dictatorships in a number or latin american countries was not ordained by the all mighty up in heaven, but by paranoid humans on earth.

John Wayne is fun to watch in the movies, but horrifying to watch leading a major international power.

Funny guy

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando22
    You guys are a funny bunch.

No argies give a fuck what you gringos may think about corruption, what do you think they care what you can say about Falkands war?

What are you the police of the world?
    What the fuck is a duchts? You have to mean douche, because you're more than a little bit of a douche bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter
    I am surprised that nobody has brought up the selling off of YPF for the price of about 9 months of production.

Now that's corruption in its finest I think.
    Exactly, and it's a perfect example as how corruption ultimately works marvels for corporations from countries where practices are supposedly transparent.

Just one distinction: Privatizations mainly favored European companies since their accounting methods and regulations allowed for payment of bribes, while the American ones didn't. That's one of the reasons for not seeing Bell-Verizon, United / Continental and the such.

Andres

Ypf

I am surprised that nobody has brought up the selling off of YPF for the price of about 9 months of production.

Now that's corruption in its finest I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo Eye

Let me let you in on a little secret: it is call the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Argies are and will always be envious
    Before you start waving the stars and strips, think about this: If the US of A is so great, what are you doing here?

You guys are a funny bunch.

No argies give a fuck what you gringos may think about corruption, what do you think they care what you can say about Falkands war?

The problem is that the USA HAS to police third world radical country such as you argies.

You argies do give a fuck, because if it wasn't for the US, you would be much worse off than you are now.

It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant argies are, they have there little dumb ass soccer and they seem to always be complaining about everything and anything, but have no idea what makes the world go around.

Let me let you in on a little secret: it is call the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Argies are and will always be envious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Somebody has to do it, and by default the Americans are the only people with the courage to do the job.
    Oooh, ahhh, welll, That really, really surpass everything I read in this forum.

And who's supposed to have given the North americans mandataries this power, perhaps God Himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Seaman
    If I remember correctly there is an agreement that only countries in the southern hemisphere are allowed to have a base in Antarctica. That could also be a reason for the Brits to keep control of the Malvinas.
    That's a strong point. Chile and Argentina claim the Weddell peninsula by using a technical argument (the projection their outermost meridians) In practice, anyone can have a base there (Norway has)

In any case, who can afford anything more than a couple of scientific and military bases? In any case, I deem impossible to settle a large civilian population there on a permanent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaman
    I have talked to people who have been involved in the British side of the conflict (the guy who actually pushed the button which fired the torpedo which sank the Belgrano) and with people close to the military government here in Argentina. If you listen to both you hear more or less the same story. It was a "prearranged" war to crank up political support on both sides. But. Nobody expected that the loss of lives would be as high as it got in the end.

But in view of this thread, was the Malvinas war also a case of corruption on Argentina?
    Yes, it was definitely geared by political survival needs. It proved to be a life-jacket to Maggie and a definite sunk for the Argentine military.

I would tag the "patriotic" Malvinas fundraising as one of the most corrupt events of the Argentine history, given the gap between amounts granted amounts that actually arrived to the soldiers. I still painfully remember the TV spots that showed the pity condition in which Argentine Army privates were found on June 14th 1982 at Puerto Argentino.

Andres

Posting Limitations