This blog is moderated by Member #3320
    A micky is a drink with some kind of drug in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntisithoj  [View Original Post]
    FYI. The Museum was the only place I have evern been slipped a micky in my drink!
    Whats a micky?

The place is a mixed bag. They are very racial. If they (the guards, the bartenders) do not like your face, bad things can happen to you there.

Their was a time when the expats had put a ban on that place cos of the racism encountered and bad things which happened there.

Hope this helps.

FYI. The Museum was the only place I have evern been slipped a micky in my drink!

Quote Originally Posted by Smuler
    Thanks for the tip Captain.

Seems another San Telmo gem.

Out of curiosity. What drink do you prefer, as you are certainly drinking a lot mi amigo.

I am a beer man, but I think I will do some drinking of mixed drinks this trip.

I tried drinking the Malbec, but for some reason, I get horrible heartburn from it.

This is very rare for me. So I will avoid it.

Best Regards.

Smuler.

What's the deal with the sushi thing Cap?

Remind you of the high seas?
    Will answer that one in a private message to you.

Thanks for the tip Captain.

Seems another San Telmo gem.

Out of curiosity. What drink do you prefer, as you are certainly drinking a lot mi amigo.

I am a beer man, but I think I will do some drinking of mixed drinks this trip.

I tried drinking the Malbec, but for some reason, I get horrible heartburn from it.

This is very rare for me. So I will avoid it.

Best Regards.

Smuler.

What's the deal with the sushi thing Cap?

Remind you of the high seas?

After office hours at club Museum

Club Museum.

Peru 535 (between Venezuela & Mexico) San Telmo.

Buenos Aires Before Hours.

In a late-night city like Buenos Aires it isn't hard to find a club that stays open until the crack of dawn, or an "after hours" party that will keep you dancing until 10am the next day. This is what makes Club Museum in San Telmo so special: on Wednesdays, the people come pouring into this massive three-story club early, at around 7pm, for their "After Office" party. Age group of chicas : 25 ~40

Happy hour begins at 7pm, and then until 10pm the drinks are 2-for-1, with the food reasonably priced as well. Unusual for Buenos Aires nightclubs, there is no charge for entry at Museum, and mixed drinks will run you between 15 and 20 ARS depending on the type of liquor you order (remember, that is the price for two drinks if you order between 7pm and 10pm)

A wide variety of dining options. And sushi (I don't do Sushi)

The variety of food is decent - you can have picadas, pizzas, capresse salad, or of course sushi. The sushi here is allegedly about as good as it is anywhere else in Buenos Aires.

The building is amazing - it really stands out from the rest in this part of San Telmo. The sheer size of Club Museum is overwhelming, and upon further research I discovered that it was designed by Gustave Eiffel, of Eiffel Tower fame! This old style French influence is apparent from the outside but not so much once you enter.

There is a huge cluster of giant disco balls hanging from the ceiling and large projection screens playing a mixture of liquor and fashion commercials, and also street scenes from across Europe. The floor is wide open in the middle with tables in the front and in the back. There are also tables to sit on at the perimeters of the second and third floors, which you need reservations to get.

Live Bands - first sit down and enjoy the show.

Club Museum puts on live bands every Wednesday from around 9pm to 10pm. During this time I recommend that you sit either on the second or third floor so you can enjoy your food and the music simultaneously.

Once 10pm rolls around make your way down to the dance floor where the DJ will surely play every song Madonna has ever recorded. I would say that Madonna sings about 15% of the songs played in Buenos Aires nightclubs. Museum is no different. The mix at Museum is mostly 80s music and electronic.

You can enjoy yourself in Museum for very few pesos. I usually never spent more than 50 ARS for food and drinks combined.

Make sure you go to Club Museum in San Telmo on Wednesday nights at 7pm, so as to experience the craziness of the Buenos Aires "After Office" phenomenon.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

Posting Limitations