This blog is moderated by JohnGray
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGray
    Was planning to go to buenos aires as my first trip but I don't have any credit cards. Doest it mean I can't rent anny appt. Or do you guys thing it can be good if I buy a prepaid credit card. The 1 we can buy like 50 -100 dollars cards. Than you very much if you can help me whit my request.
    1. First you need to select which apartment you like, on the internet from various options available in BA.

2. Then, you contact the agent or the owner of apartment. Inform your dates and check availability. Confirm the features available with the apartment.

3. Inform the agent that you don't have the credit card or can not use paypal.

4. Negotiate with agent and send the money by western Union.

http://www.westernunion.com/

Its very easy. Almost every country / city / town has a western union branch. Just check for location in your city / town in the website. Then just go there with your local money and pay at western union counter. Almost immediately it will be available to agent in BA in Argentine pesos. You can send him a sms saying that you have sent the money already via western union.

Usually the initial booking money is never more than usd 200~500, depending if you are coming for 2 weeks to 3 months.

The transaction fees by Western Union is quite high. But what the heck, you pay for the convenience.

5. Finally arrive in BA, with USD or ARS in cash and pay the agent in cash the balance of your rent.

So all in all, no credit card required for renting a BA apartment.

To be on safe side that your initial deposit is not lost, go with reputed agents or dealers. On this website, you will find a few options including the webmaster himself. Also if you do google search, you will find innumerable agencies offer BA apartments. Another option is Craigslist. Com where many owners directly advertise their property.

All in all, you do not need a credit card.

Hope to see you in BA soon!

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGray
    Was planning to go to buenos aires as my first trip but I don't have any credit cards. Doest it mean I can't rent anny appt. Or do you guys thing it can be good if I buy a prepaid credit card. The 1 we can buy like 50 -100 dollars cards. Than you very much if you can help me whit my request.
    Hi John,

I can rent you an apartment with a $1,000 USD cash deposit.

This is a common rental practice in BA.

http://www.apartmentsinba.com

Thanks,

Jackson

Renting an apartment without a credit card

Posting Limitations