This blog is moderated by QuakHunter

Malcontent

Duane Thomas. Cowboy running back and bitter fucker. Coined "Plastic Man" to describe Tom Landry. Before a Super Bowl was asked by an interviewer why he wasn't more excited. His response-"If it's so fucking super how come they have it every year?"

B'More

Alex Hawkins, who, rightly or wrongly, was given credit for coming up with the phrase, "That's my story and I'm sticking to it." Baltimore Colts special teams standout and nightowl.

Not Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Wasn't he also very good in the Decathlon?
    I remember Bruce Jenner from the Olympics.

I also remember Greg Louganis.

Did you hear they stripped Greg Louganis of his Gold Medals?

They found traces of Ben Johnson in him.

That's Him

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    Hey now, I remember Ed Podolak. Chiefs HB. Lenny Dawson era?
    Actually the first time I saw him was about ten years ago at a club called the Green Door in San Jose, Costa Rica.

And it wasn't a book club. Heard wild things about his place in CR. Not sure if it is still open.

Quote Originally Posted by QuakHunter
    Now that you mention it, Ed Podolak, Running back from the University of Iowa and the Kansas City Chiefs owns a bar somewhere near or right outside of Jaco.

Heard great stories about Ed. Siragusa would be hard to miss; no body outside of Iowa and Missouri has heard of Ed Podolak. A lot to be said for flying under the radar.
    Hey now, I remember Ed Podolak. Chiefs HB. Lenny Dawson era?

Ed Podolak

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Met him in in the Beatle Bar, Jaco Beach, Costa Rica 4 years ago.
    Now that you mention it, Ed Podolak, Running back from the University of Iowa and the Kansas City Chiefs owns a bar somewhere near or right outside of Jaco.

Heard great stories about Ed. Siragusa would be hard to miss; no body outside of Iowa and Missouri has heard of Ed Podolak. A lot to be said for flying under the radar.

An Original

Quote Originally Posted by Flexible Horn
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EZMXIx...eature=related

Oliver Reed a truly great Yorkshireman.

PS Thats not just Orange juice!
    Absolute classic. Now I know who little wankers like Colin Farrell are imitating. Hilarious!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EZMXIx...eature=related

Oliver Reed a truly great Yorkshireman.

PS Thats not just Orange juice!

Bored, Broke and Back

Glad to help out QH. Reed was also a terror on late night talk shows back in the day.

Another pick would be John "Riggo" Riggins. A many an escapade he did have. My favorite Riggo story:

Riggo was on the sidelines reporting on a football game. After the game was over and a player had admitted getting an injection so that he could play, Sonny Jurgenson (another candidate) asked Riggo if had ever been "shot up" before a game. Riggo replied, "Nah Sonny, I used to get shot up AFTER the game." Good 'ol Riggo.

Wikipedia - Oliver Reed

I know this is a forum on Pussy. This is the last homage to Oliver Reed, but what a great story.

"Reed was famous for his excessive drinking, which fit in with the "social" attitude of many rugby teams in the 1960s and 1970s, and there are numerous anecdotes such as Reed and 36 friends drinking, in an evening, 60 gallons of beer, 32 bottles of Scotch, 17 bottles of gin, four crates of wine and one bottle of Babycham. He subsequently revised the story, claiming he drank 106 pints of beer on a 2-day binge before marrying Josephine; "The event that was reported actually took place during an arm-wrestling competition in Guernsey about 15 years ago, it was highly exaggerated." Steve McQueen told the story that in 1973 he had flown to the UK to discuss a film project with Reed and suggested the pair go to a nightclub in London. This led to a marathon pub crawl during which Reed threw up on McQueen. Reed's face had been carved up ten years previously during a 1963 bar fight after which he received 63 stitches and was in danger of having his film career cut short in his '20s."

"He was forced to leave the set of the Channel 4 television discussion programme After Dark after arriving drunk and attempting to kiss feminist writer Kate Millett, uttering the memorable phrase "give us a kiss, big tits"

"Reed died of a sudden heart attack during a break from filming Gladiator in Valletta, Malta on 2 May 1999. He was 61 years old and was reported to be heavily intoxicated at the time of his death. Racking up an $866 alcohol bill, Reed had reportedly drunk three bottles of Captain Morgan's rum, eight bottles of beer and numerous doubles of Famous Grouse whisky. He also beat five much younger Royal Navy sailors at arm wrestling at a bar called "The Pub." (The owners have since added "Ollie's Last Pub" to the sign."

A legend. Thanks Doggboy.

Now I know Who He Is

Indeedy, Reed is at the top of the heap. His life story makes great reading. He once threw up on Steve McQueen.
    He's the Dude that sold Russell Crowe in Gladiator. Good call.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oliver Reed.jpg‎  
    Last edited by QuakHunter; 11-04-08 at 14:01. Reason: Misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by QuakHunter
    Dogg,

I'm not sure who Oliver Reed is, but after reading some of your posts over the years I assume he is well qualified.

Another qualified prospect, William Jefferson Clinton, would probably bypass the five year waiting period and go directly to the hall of fame.

Who else?

Maybe Richard Gere's Gerbil?
    Indeedy, Reed is at the top of the heap. His life story makes great reading. He once threw up on Steve McQueen.

If a Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

One more pic of the one and only lunatic for the ages. Long live ye Oliver!
    He's in. Maybe the World Monger Cup trophy should be named after this guy.

One More

One more pic of the one and only lunatic for the ages. Long live ye Oliver!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1.jpg‎  

I Respectfully Defer

QH-Nice category, but the first admission must go, posthumously, to the legendary dipsomaniac and without peer madman, Oliver Reed.
    Dogg,

I'm not sure who Oliver Reed is, but after reading some of your posts over the years I assume he is well qualified.

Another qualified prospect, William Jefferson Clinton, would probably bypass the five year waiting period and go directly to the hall of fame.

Who else?

Maybe Richard Gere's Gerbil?

Posting Limitations