Thread: Asunción, Paraguay

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Trampa.

There are a lot of upscale malls in the suburbs. Kilkennys is in a mall called Las Carmelitas. It is off Aveinda Espana about a 30, 000 guarani (6 dollar) taxi from downtown.

It is completely different from Kilkenny's in Buenos Aires. Kilkenny's in Asuncion is very upscale. The neighborhood is very upscale. The girls are dressed to the hilt. They keep the riff-raff out with a huge cover charge.

The reason these girls dress to the hilt is because they are hot and they know it. Also, sex is just fun for them. It is part of the culture. No hang ups. Great for you. Not so great for their boyfriends.

The moral here is - learn to speak Spanish or be sure to have that $100 George Washington taped to your forehead

However, there are a lot, and I mean a lot, of upscale bar / discos in asuncion that most tourists don't know exist.

Don't Be Sorry

That helps everyone to learn.

I did provide the info to your question. Right!

Quote Originally Posted by Trampa  [View Original Post]
    Sorry for asking

I'll expect that you post the same very original and funny link everytime someone asks ŕ question.

Good way to treat customers as well

Talking Search more. Post less.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    WorldTravel69,

Here's the best way to illustrate your point:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Kilkenny+in+Asuncion

Thanks,

Jackson
    Funny. I've never seen that before. Redondo didn't like that one little bit.

Sorry for asking

I'll expect that you post the same very original and funny link everytime someone asks a question.

Good way to treat customers as well.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    It is funny what you can find on the internet when you Do A Search.

Google maps should show you.

http://www.kilkenny.com.py/
    WorldTravel69,

Here's the best way to illustrate your point:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Kilkenny+in+Asuncion

Thanks,

Jackson

Kilkenny

It is funny what you can find on the internet when you Do A Search.

Google maps should show you.

http://www.kilkenny.com.py/

Quote Originally Posted by Trampa  [View Original Post]
    Where is Killenny and about how far is it from the centre?

Where is Killenny and about how far is it from the centre?

There is a lot of wealth in Paraguay. There also are a lot of people who are just getting by.

This apparent inequality is not the result of out of control capitalism. It is gracias al gobierno. Most of the wealth in Paraguay is somehow connected to the government. The government has used the wealth of Paraguay as a personal piggybank for centuries. The wealth is not concentrated in the hands of greedy entrepreneurs. It is concentrated in those who are or have been in control of the government.

And guess what. These governmental thugs have no intention of sharing their piggybank with the people who are suffering.

So much for a partnership between the private sector and the government.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to El Alamo For This Post:

I don't know what the franchise structure of Kilkennys is, but yes, it is bar like Kilkenny's in Buenos Aires, but much more upscale. It is not a ripoff of the name.

Most of the Disco / bars's in Asuncion are home grown. Owned and operated locally. And extremely profitable.

One of the places called Faces was fined $100, 000 US dollars for some safety violation. The owner just laughed. He said he made that in one weekend.

Kilkenny like the BA version?

That type of thing might work in the suburbs. The suburbs already have a lot of US franchises such as McDonalds, Burger Kings, Hooters, TGIF (Fridays) , Pizza Huts, Kilkenny's etc and some upscale malls. The suburbs have a lot of money.

Downtown or Centro has none of those franchises. Downtown has a million little mom and pop restaurantes. Lunches cost 2 or 3 dollars in these places. Not many of them are open for dinner. Centro gets pretty deserted after the sun goes down. Probably much like Microcentro in Buenos Aires.

Centro is pretty interesting during the daytime. Again much like Microcentro in Buenos Aires. Lots of shops, lots of people, lots of small resturantes, lots of traffic. About the only thing to do in Centro at night is checking out the streetwalkers.

P.S. another example would be the supermarkets. The suburbs have a lot of supermarkets, like S6 or Espana, that are huge, new and would put a Walmart or Target to shame. Centro does not have a single large, modern supemercado. Maybe because of lack of space. There are no open spaces in Centro and all the land is historically protected.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Alamo For This Post:

Would something 'new' like Indian, Thai, Mexicanen food or something like ŕ burrito or smoothies work?

Somehow I enjoy discussing Asuncion here more than at ISG.

Though WT is right. Reports should be posted at ISG but I see no harm in posting a duplicate report here as well for the AP community, most of us who know each other well.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

Bird Hunting in Paraguay

Is there any bird hunting in Paraguay and if there is, where and what month is best?

Oh Well

Thanks for the update.

This is what I now Have. I will post it here, because I can not add it to the posted List.

Bars

1. Al Elamo (El Alamo), Mcal Lopez 662 at Peru. Tel: _______. Hours: Fridays and Saturdays only, Late _______.

Lambare

La Mansion VIP _____________, about a 15, 000 taxi fare. __ Chicas. Prices: ___g 30 min, ___g hour. Tel: _______. Hours: ______.

Quote Originally Posted by El Alamo  [View Original Post]
    World traveler is correct. World traveler has compiled a much more extensive list of privados in Asuncion. That is the list I use.

To reach the privados in the suburbs just print off the page for a girl at one of those privados. The taxi driver may know the place or he will use his cell phone and call them for directions. The taxi fare from downtown will be between 15, 000 and 30, 000 guarani (3 to 6 dollars).

For example, La Mansion VIP is in Lambare, about a 15, 000 taxi fare from downtown.

The concept of getting a girl for free is, more or less, an urban myth. You will pay for them one way or another, in both time and money. However, I can't think of a better way to spend some time.

I own a bar in asuncion but I don't run it. It is run by two 19 year old cousins, Carmen and Jessica. If you are interested in young, drop dead gorgeous chicas, mostly students, decked out in expensive clothing, this place has a lot.

I have been banned from the place. Something about what is this old guy doing here with all these young chicks. So I really don't know what the scene is.

The name is Al Elamo at Mcal Lopez 662, next to the Brazilian Embassy near the corner of Peru and Mcal Lopez. Even I have to admit, its a pretty nice place.

As far as I know, it is only open Friday and Saturday night, and doesn't get busy until late at night.

Posting Limitations